• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

They stole my troop size!

DeletedUser3297

But if fighting wasn't your thing before, than nothing really changed for you. Except for a few shifted techs that you would have had to complete anyway :)

DeletedUser

No such luck. Unsolved fields keep locked all other fields I'd had already unlocked previously.

DeletedUser4372

You can't re-activate something if you've never activated it ;)

Fight in the tournaments, this has become super easy and a great way to get KP to fill in all the tech that has just been handed to you :)

are you even reading that we all say this is something we already had? it is not something we have not activated yet, we have activated it, that is why it is putting us farther back in the tree ALONG with a reduction in troops. It is why we are all stuck from moving ahead, because we have to go back and relearn the same thing.. IF, you paid for a hotel room and at 11pm the clerk calls and says you owe the nights bill, you tell them you paid it and they say, " but that was the old shift"... would you be so corporate loving? They did an upgrade and it was ez'er to just wipe the level and insert it back in without any consideration for the paying customer.. it is that simple, it is that true. they ripped many of us of and your too busy kissing up to the game to admit the simple truth.

DeletedUser

Fight in the tournaments, this has become super easy and a great way to get KP to fill in all the tech that has just been handed to you :)

fight.jpg

Would you reallly so stupid to try to fight this ordinary fight? Before that shift my troops were ready to fight but not now.

DeletedUser3297

I would appreciAte it if you would not call me names, I do in fact know what I am talking about. Get those squad upgrades and you'll be able to fight again there is also no need to use diamonds, just your regular KP is all you need. Once you activate those squad upgrades, your troops will grow exponentially. You should be happy, you're getting access to sorceress a lot sooner.

If everyone would catch up their research, they would see that fighting has not become impossible, you just have to learn new ways how to do it. Plenty of info on these forums to learn.

Happy gaming :)

DeletedUser3880

Squad size definitely went down, so having to build it back up again is a pain, whatever phrasing you want to use to describe it. My squads were 72 and now they are 51...so unless we're using Bizzaro math it's not helping me to say the least. Cannot progress without completing these spots on the tree either, which is of course pressuring us towards diamond usage. Clearly this is a step backward for less developed players.

Q

DeletedUser4366

If everyone would catch up their research, they would see that fighting has not become impossible, you just have to learn new ways how to do it. :)

C'mon Kayleegrrl, please review my post on the latest release and as I gave a concrete battle example of a totally impossible fight with my troops hitting at maximum and computer players hitting at minimum. I'm well caught up on research (well into orc age) and was a fighter here, with a top 250 rank, so yes, there are now impossible fights.

DeletedUser3297

It is entirely possible that you have scouted too far ahead. If your scout times are more than a day or if you have more than 190 provinces (based on requirments for woodelves chapter), fighting has become impossible for you until the research catches back up with your province count

DeletedUser3468

There is a part of me that feels like I should put my simplified version (from the perspective of a lower level player... me!) here too. There is another part of me that just wishes that I had the "banging my head against a brick wall" emoji instead... ;)

Thanks for having the patience to keep explaining the changes to us, kayleegrrl!

DeletedUser4366

It is entirely possible that you have scouted too far ahead. If your scout times are more than a day or if you have more than 190 provinces (based on requirments for woodelves chapter), fighting has become impossible for you until the research catches back up with your province count

Yep, I'm more than 2 days out scouting now and more than 230 provinces too, so fighting is now impossible. Thank you for verifying.

Thistleknot

Based on what I just read, there seems to be multiple levels of frustration here. For those you that have had your tech tree shuffled, I understand your frustration with what feels like a backwards step. To me it looks like several techs have been shift so that you can access them quicker. The down side to this is that you have to research techs that you had not reached previously and this will throw off your plans for advancement. I do not know the full effect of the squad size at lower levels, but it sounds like it is hurting a lot. It will slow you down, but focus on getting through the research to get yourself back where you were before the change. This will bring you fully up to speed based on the changes and should put you back into a competitive arena.

The squad size has changed and in general it will be larger than before. Some people may not be seeing the larger squads at this time. You may be required to complete the moved squad-size techs before you see this increase.

For those of us that are way up the tech tree and have explored a lot (200+ provinces), we are feeling the pressure of the new combat system. I am losing more troops in combat than before. Some of the combats that I was winning prior to the change are no longer winnable. I am not happy with the new system, but it is new and I have a lot of learning to do before I can be good at it. I only hope that I can learn to be good at the combat and that this is not some illusion that Inno has produced. Exploration is important to me since I am not spending diamonds at all. If I cannot conquer lands through combat as I have done it the past, it will severely hinder my game and my ability to enjoy playing Elvanar.

DeletedUser4372

we are not being asked to complete the moved squad increases, i see that they moved some from ahead closer.. I am happy they are closer to where i was but it would of been so simple to give credit for the increases we already earned, why take what we earned. obviously some of you did not have this effect and your narcissist to the simple fact that we were Ripped Off..

DeletedUser3696

Based on what I just read, there seems to be multiple levels of frustration here. For those you that have had your tech tree shuffled, I understand your frustration with what feels like a backwards step. To me it looks like several techs have been shift so that you can access them quicker. The down side to this is that you have to research techs that you had not reached previously and this will throw off your plans for advancement. I do not know the full effect of the squad size at lower levels, but it sounds like it is hurting a lot. It will slow you down, but focus on getting through the research to get yourself back where you were before the change. This will bring you fully up to speed based on the changes and should put you back into a competitive arena.

The squad size has changed and in general it will be larger than before. Some people may not be seeing the larger squads at this time. You may be required to complete the moved squad-size techs before you see this increase.

For those of us that are way up the tech tree and have explored a lot (200+ provinces), we are feeling the pressure of the new combat system. I am losing more troops in combat than before. Some of the combats that I was winning prior to the change are no longer winnable. I am not happy with the new system, but it is new and I have a lot of learning to do before I can be good at it. I only hope that I can learn to be good at the combat and that this is not some illusion that Inno has produced. Exploration is important to me since I am not spending diamonds at all. If I cannot conquer lands through combat as I have done it the past, it will severely hinder my game and my ability to enjoy playing Elvanar.
If everything is as you say, then the newer players have the following to look forward to.
They get to wait longer before they can start trudging thru fights that are almost impossible to win and they will know at some point the fights become un-winnable.
I can't wait to tell people to start playing this game!!

I have yet to hear anyone post that the fights they are encountering are in fact winnable. Those who are just starting out (first 3 chapters) are getting slaughtered, those in chapters 4-6 aren't fairing much better and the ones in chapters 7+ have all but given up. Show me where this new battle system is fair??

DeletedUser4522

I would appreciAte it if you would not call me names, I do in fact know what I am talking about. Get those squad upgrades and you'll be able to fight again there is also no need to use diamonds, just your regular KP is all you need. Once you activate those squad upgrades, your troops will grow exponentially. You should be happy, you're getting access to sorceress a lot sooner.

If everyone would catch up their research, they would see that fighting has not become impossible, you just have to learn new ways how to do it. Plenty of info on these forums to learn.

Happy gaming :)

I actually had to go back and reread everything, because I hadn't remembered anyone calling you any names. No one did, btw.

I think the real problem is that you are ignoring everyone's reality. Not only are you ignoring it, you are so busy defending the changes, and stating how good you have it, that you are dismissing and "disappearing" everyone else's reality and frustrations. There have been a whole lot of frustrated people on here complaining about the same thing, and you are acting like it's no big deal. I'm just trying to say that you should perhaps be a little more understanding, if you don't want to deal with righteous anger and frustration.

MY "reality" is: Here I was at the very end of Chapter 2. I had collected enough KP to fill in City Expansion 5, though I had not activated it yet, and all I had left to finish was the Tournaments. I went to work, came home to find I was locked out of my expansion! And I had to go back and research one of the 2 "moved" Squad Size Upgrades to get my expansion.

Furthermore, my troop size was knocked down to 36 from 60! That's HUGE!! After having to go backwards and do the required Squad Size Upgrade, not only is my troop size only 54 (not 60), but I am getting CREAMED every time I try to fight. I don't even have any hope that when I go back and research the NON-required Squad Size Upgrade, that I will be able to win any fights. I can't even win them in the Tournaments that I was finally able to start today! And 1 of my 2 "tasks" is to "Win a Fight". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Fat chance of that!

The REALITY for so many is, that YES!! We DID lose something! And, yes, btw, I actually HAVE spent $ on this game. Fortunately, it was not too much compared to others, but I have spent it, just the same.

People play a game because they want to PLAY the game - NOT watch a clock tick down. There's already enough of that clock watching in this game! People are also not going to want to play a game where it's been made too hard to "win". It's frustrating.

Can't say how long I will tolerate the frustration myself, but I know myself to not be a patient person.

I have been reading all these threads after this happened to me, and I see you contributing to them all. Just suggesting a little bit of empathy. These people here complaining have very good reason to complain. And while I know that the developers want to make some money (and who can blame them??!), making it so impossible to play that they are driving people away from the game is definitely NOT the way to do it!

DeletedUser3297

I actually had to go back and reread everything, because I hadn't remembered anyone calling you any names. No one did

This is what I was referring to. I could not really understand this comment as the first sentence is incomplete. But it implied that I may be "stupid"

Would you reallly so stupid to try to fight this ordinary fight? Before that shift my troops were ready to fight but not now.

Anyway, I have just tried to explain what has happened. Sorry if I cannot empathize with anyone over it. But I know that if people could understand the changes, they would be less-likely to be upset. I know very few people comment on the forums, but a great deal of people read them. So if I was unable to help anyone who posts, I know I have been able to help a lot who remain silent :)

DeletedUser4522

This is what I was referring to. I could not really understand this comment as the first sentence is incomplete. But it implied that I may be "stupid"

Anyway, I have just tried to explain what has happened. Sorry if I cannot empathize with anyone over it. But I know that if people could understand the changes, they would be less-likely to be upset. I know very few people comment on the forums, but a great deal of people read them. So if I was unable to help anyone who posts, I know I have been able to help a lot who remain silent :)

Got ya! I guess I was looking for a direct insult. But no, I would not have really taken that as an insult directed at anyone, much less you in particular. I would have/did read it as a figurative question.

While I have been reading the forum for weeks, it has literally taken days for support to get me on here. And while I can agree that from what I've seen, you can be very knowledgeable and helpful. In this particular situation, though, I think you are having a hard time really listening to what others are trying to say.

Others are trying to explain what has happened, as well. And they have TRULY been thrown backwards. Odd that you would have no empathy for that. It's very difficult to "understand" changes that have set people backward, and made it 10 times more difficult for most people. So, no. I don't think that based on THEIR understanding of the changes, that they are any likely to be "less upset".

I understand why you thought someone called you a name, even though I, myself, did not read it that way. But I am having a difficult time understanding why you are dismissing everyone else's frustration at having been thrown backward after having spent time earning their way to where they were. And I think your lack of understanding other people's experiences and points of view is making many more frustrated, rather than less. Just because someone refuses to acknowledge another's reality, doesn't make it any less real.

And on that note, I'll agree to disagree.

DeletedUser3297

Here is the reality of my situation.

I have cities on all 6 worlds and I have been thrown back in previous chapters to complete techs that were not previously there. But I looked into it instead of complaining and I realized the benefit of completing those techs. For me gaining an understanding of the new requirements of the game, I decided to share what I know.

So yes, I, like most everyone else has been thrown backwards, but I got over it once I realized why. :)

DeletedUser3610

I think the real problem is that you are ignoring everyone's reality. Not only are you ignoring it, you are so busy defending the changes, and stating how good you have it, that you are dismissing and "disappearing" everyone else's reality and frustrations. There have been a whole lot of frustrated people on here complaining about the same thing, and you are acting like it's no big deal. I'm just trying to say that you should perhaps be a little more understanding, if you don't want to deal with righteous anger and frustration.
I think you are having a hard time really listening to what others are trying to say.
I am having a difficult time understanding why you are dismissing everyone else's frustration at having been thrown backward after having spent time earning their way to where they were. And I think your lack of understanding other people's experiences and points of view is making many more frustrated, rather than less.
Gwenevir, I completely agree with you. Thank you for stating so eloquently what I've been thinking.