• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This Forum is Closing?

Lemon Wren

Admittedly I run hot and cold with this forum. Sometimes I can't stay away and then sometimes I'm gone for a few months at a time (while still playing Elvenar mostly daily). But it looks like Inno is closing these forums in favor of Discord? I've seen the entreaties to join Discord in the game, but since I really dislike Discord, I haven't checked out Inno's server.

I've tried to read up here on what's happening, but there are just too many posts to read through. Can someone please fill me in? Has Inno made a definitive announcement about what the plan is for these forums?

Also - any other shockingly awful news I may have missed? :(

Lemon Wren

Discord has its uses. But the forum is superior when it comes to long-form communication and archiving information. Having both active would be the best of both worlds.
I have a Discord account, as I've tried to use it for a few things that are only on Discord. I've abandoned them all because I find the long chat threads too random to deal with. I'd honestly prefer Reddit to Discord.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The forum isn't technically closing yet, but in reality it mys well be closed as it is pretty much dead lately.
When no one can get here except through a link that they saved previously, it's bound to die off. That's intentional on Inno's part, but they're pretending to wait to see if the forum dies. Of course it will die. They've closed access to it for anyone new, and you can't maintain a forum without new people. :mad:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It's subject to review pending traffic reports, allegedly, even though they've severed every major artery that directs traffic to this place. Although, despite their best efforts to kill this place, there are still a trickle of new user registrations. So yeah, they'll give zero help in getting eyes here, but it's up to us to prove this place is highly desired resource depot by users. :rolleyes:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
When no one can get here except through a link that they saved previously, it's bound to die off. That's intentional on Inno's part, but they're pretending to wait to see if the forum dies. Of course it will die. They've closed access to it for anyone new, and you can't maintain a forum without new people. :mad:
I just typed in my Google Chrome browser Elvenar US Forum and clicked on it and it took me here and i didn't have to log back in! Just found this out this week. :)

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It's subject to review pending traffic reports, allegedly, even though they've severed every major artery that directs traffic to this place. Although, despite their best efforts to kill this place, there are still a trickle of new user registrations. So yeah, they'll give zero help in getting eyes here, but it's up to us to prove this place is highly desired resource depot by users. :rolleyes:
Many people thought it was already gone including myself! I'm going to spread the word that for now it is here.

YarL

The forums are a great for place for collaborative work of a lasting nature. Discord has its place but it seems seems a lot more disorganized to me. Instagram is cute but not a place to do anything serious. The strongest form of long term communications is the forum . It is a place where a moderator can collect Q&As and add it to a FAQs Area or document.

The forums are a better place than the Wiki for me to access game information. The Wiki is clumsy for me to work with. I would like to see everything on the wiki get collected into text files or PDF and be made available in the forums. The one thing that is greatly needed is a single text file that fully describes each AW in detail along with the formulas they use. I keep working on doing that for myself but it is a major pain for me.

After trying some of the other tools, I greatly prefer the forums. It provided a superior tool for communications. I have been using the internet for just over 40 years. I have played two long term empire building games that each lasted over 20 years each. I have been playing Elvenar for 7 years and I hope I will play it for over 20 years. But as it grows in complexity we need to easily access documents that have details on things like how combat units and their construction works. I already mentioned my need for a description of all AWs in a single document.

Last edited: