• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This game is about to die with the upcoming AW changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qybyrn

I've played other games that died very quickly, like 2/3 of the players leave in a matter of weeks (see Dragon Champions, Star Wars hero collector game for examples). This AW change is going to be an epic disaster.

For starters, player bases can't stand to be lied to. Inno is absolutely lying to us about the reasoning. This is NOT to help newer player, that is such an insane claim I can't believe they actually attempted it. The SF, CC, and RR costs are VERY unreasonable. New players do NOT have these resources.

Older cities, like myself, are not going to spends 1000s of RRs to upgrade AWs.

I find it astonishing that Inno doesn't understand the player base here. This game is overwhelmingly older aged people or middle aged people who don't have a lot of time (like me). The game is easy, that is why people play. The type of person that likes expensive grinding ISNT GOING TO DO IT IN THIS GAME. This game is easy, people play because they accomplish stuff with very little effort. I realize you think you have just designed some amazing unique experience, but you haven't. I thought INNO was self aware about this, but apparently they are not. They accidently stumbled into the easy game formula without realizing it.

Monetizing this game would be very easy. Put in a diamond/cash shop to buy building skins, city managers (for like $5/month) that let you schedule settlement productions and collections so you don't have to log in every few hours, custom in game avatars, global chat usage tokens (for FS recruiting), artifact exchange at the cost of diamonds...... none of this is P2W and would raise way more money than what you think will be raised by putting AWs behind a paywall.

So stupid, so incredibly stupid. Sorry I've got nothing nice to say right now about the design and dev teams. They are about to ruin the game, and I hope they are held accountable and lose their jobs. They think they will rush this out and take a mile, weather the complaints, and then give back inches and everyone will shut up.....I guess we will see, but like I said I've seen games go from thriving to ghosttowns really quickly.

Disagree if you want, it won't take long to prove me right or wrong. Many top players will leave, the ones holding fellowships together. Newer players will leave as they realize the unreasonable costs of continued play. It will spiral from there.

Last edited:

satchmo33

Do we have any moles in discord who are reporting back here to the forum? Personally, I wouldn't touch discord with a ten-foot pole...but do want to see the proposed AW changes.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Do we have any moles in discord who are reporting back here to the forum? Personally, I wouldn't touch discord with a ten-foot pole...but do want to see the proposed AW changes.
They are not good. I've been on discord almost constantly since it went on beta watching it blow up with a bunch of very upset players, and not just beta players but live server players as well. Lots are joining specifically to view the talk, announcements, and feedback bc they already heard through others in game about what happened some days ago on beta and then got announced today for it to hit the other servers this week.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol I don't know if I would call myself a mole. There is an S storm over on Discord, Beta got hit with this, with no warning whatsoever. Information is thin on the ground; some German players made a Spreadsheet with quick comparisons, level 35 now, and after the changes.
@Mykan has been filling it out with lots of tables, he's a superstar.
So to plant a level one Wonder is 1000 Spell Fragments, 1 Combine Catalyst and 1 Royal Restoration spell. To upgrade to level 2, is 2k SFs and 2 CCs, 3 is 3k and 3 CCs, level 5, after filling the Rune Wheel, is 5k SFs, 5 CCs and 5 RRs. And so on. Their effectiveness seems to peak around level 16, in terms of effects. Polish your neighbors, visit your friends, you may lose a few, because this is being pushed through whilst y'all are exploring their in city Ads.

BrinDarby

Do we have any moles in discord who are reporting back here to the forum?
There's a few, what we need is the ex Inno dude
that basically has been silenced by mgmt, to be
free to give comentary on changes. I won't repeat
the name, for his sake, but he's our best shot at
understanding the mid-longterm tract for Elvenar.
The short term tract seems to be break things
1 by 1, causing the need for a game wide recode/reset.

Last edited:

Fayeanne

1705410991832.png

Let me translate their announcement: "They will now all use the same resources for upgrades: Spell Fragments, Combining Catalysts, and Diamonds."

Fayeanne

There is one possible benefit to all this that might come further down the line: Once the developers see that nobody is building/upgrading their Wonders and that everyone's existing Wonders are sitting there with full KP, they may eventually add additional methods of gaining Royal Restorations (besides just selling buildings). More RRs, in turn, as a side effect, could be nice for upgrading event buildings too. Hey, we can always hope!

This reminds me of back when the Moonstone Libraries always made Scrolls for everybody. Players easily predicted in advance that this would be a problem, but it wasn't until the trading economy for Scrolls almost completely collapsed that the developers finally made changes to right the ship.

(Even so, I am really boggled that their full announcement said that AWs currently require materials that are too hard for players to obtain, so the solution was to...make them require resources that are far more scarce instead? I am still struggling to square this circle.)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've played other games that died very quickly, like 2/3 of the players leave in a matter of weeks (see Dragon Champions, Star Wars hero collector game for examples). This AW change is going to be an epic disaster.

For starters, player bases can't stand to be lied to. Inno is absolutely lying to us about the reasoning. This is NOT to help newer player, that is such an insane claim I can't believe they actually attempted it. The SF, CC, and RR costs are VERY unreasonable. New players do NOT have these resources.

Older cities, like myself, are not going to spends 1000s of RRs to upgrade AWs.

I find it astonishing that Inno doesn't understand the player base here. This game is overwhelmingly older aged people or middle aged people who don't have a lot of time (like me). The game is easy, that is why people play. The type of person that likes expensive grinding ISNT GOING TO DO IT IN THIS GAME. This game is easy, people play because they accomplish stuff with very little effort. I realize you think you have just designed some amazing unique experience, but you haven't. I thought INNO was self aware about this, but apparently they are not. They accidently stumbled into the easy game formula without realizing it.

Monetizing this game would be very easy. Put in a diamond/cash shop to buy building skins, city managers (for like $5/month) that let you schedule settlement productions and collections so you don't have to log in every few hours, custom in game avatars, global chat usage tokens (for FS recruiting), artifact exchange at the cost of diamonds...... none of this is P2W and would raise way more money than what you think will be raised by putting AWs behind a paywall.

So stupid, so incredibly stupid. Sorry I've got nothing nice to say right now about the design and dev teams. They are about to ruin the game, and I hope they are held accountable and lose their jobs. They think they will rush this out and take a mile, weather the complaints, and then give back inches and everyone will shut up.....I guess we will see, but like I said I've seen games go from thriving to ghosttowns really quickly.

Disagree if you want, it won't take long to prove me right or wrong. Many top players will leave, the ones holding fellowships together. Newer players will leave as they realize the unreasonable costs of continued play. It will spiral from there.
First of all, you are so right. Second, I want to thank you for adding so many fighting videos to youtube. I was able to post them in the Scrollkeepers section at the top of this forum, in the spire section. You added so many helpful tips that I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated them.

I'm so frustrated I could scream ... funny how I thought I was as frustrated as I could get ... now they do this. :mad:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There is one possible benefit to all this that might come further down the line: Once the developers see that nobody is building/upgrading their Wonders and that everyone's existing Wonders are sitting there with full KP, they may eventually add additional methods of gaining Royal Restorations (besides just selling buildings). More RRs, in turn, as a side effect, could be nice for upgrading event buildings too. Hey, we can always hope!

This reminds me of back when the Moonstone Libraries always made Scrolls for everybody. Players easily predicted in advance that this would be a problem, but it wasn't until the trading economy for Scrolls almost completely collapsed that the developers finally made changes to right the ship.

(Even so, I am really boggled that their full announcement said that AWs currently require materials that are too hard for players to obtain, so the solution was to...make them require resources that are far more scarce instead? I am still struggling to square this circle.)
My scroll boosted ID went the way of the dinosaur, and I never did go back to Khelonar to play it even after Inno stopped being stupid about the moonstone set.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I am not adding to the spreadsheet now though, there should be enough to get a sense of the main changes. I am madly trying to get certain wonders levelled before the update :oops:

Many people are commenting on discord that they nerfed the Blooming Trader Guild and reference your spreadsheet's wholesaler columns. Your data shows green with the "new" column ending at 460% and the "old" column ending at 500%. However the old column contains an error starting at level 26 where the wholesaler increase jumps from 340% to 460% (should only go up by 20%). It appears the Trader Guild got a buff for the wholesaler column. Can you confirm.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am feeling the die off and also participating in it. They're not accounting for the impact that longstanding members of a fellowship has when they leave and longstanding members tend to have been around for awhile so are generally end-game players being smacked by these changes, but are also the core of a fellowship. The ripple effect is they are also shuttering their second and tertiary cities because they're really pissed about their main city being turned upside down. I'm shuttering all my cities except my main as well. My fellowships are seeing an exodus of players along the whole spectrum of new and old players for the same reason that nobody wants 3x the headache this has brought anymore. Others are not necessarily affected by game mechanics, but all their friends are leaving and that is reason enough. Today is just the beginning. The next shoe to fall is when enough core members leave a fellowship that it then triggers those that have been wanting to get off the hamster wheel and are just looking for a reason and Inno gave them one. And then after that, it's the angry AM's that suddenly have to fill 10 spots in their FS and wondering if it's worth it to keep the FS afloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.