• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This weeks tournement

DeletedUser4937

Where is this weeks tournement? had the Tsymbol on my world map menu yesterday saying it would start today. However there is no tourney symbol on that menu now and I see no tournement venues on the map.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
and I now am a fellowship of one...
I fear this could lead to the existance of meta-fellowships that exist only for those are most keen on the tournament to move into tempporarily and then back to their normal fellowship until the next one. If two or three friendly fellowships move their 20 or so of their highest scroll producers into a fellowship for a few days, then back after the end of the tournament, so that next week the 20 or so highest silk producers could move in....

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I fear this will lead to the existance of meta-fellowships that exist only for those are most keen on the tournament to move into tempporarily and then back to their normal fellowship until the next one. If two or three friendly fellowships move their 20 or so of their highest scroll producers into a fellowship for a few days, then back after the end of the tournament, so that next week the 20 or so highest silk producers could move in....
That's an interesting idea, I'm not sure how FS would feel about their top player being gone 5/7 days a week...what would be the point of going back for just a couple days. If such an Uber FS happened they'd probably just stay there.
Keep in mind, unless they lower the 440,000 TP needed for blueprints, it would take all 25 of the top 25 players on each server to form a FS powerful and dedicated enough to get there. Also, top players don't care about which tournament it is (silk or scrolls etc) because they all have +700% max boosts. I have 700%, and I'm just starting orcs.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's an interesting idea, I'm not sure how FS would feel about their top player being gone 5/7 days a week...what would be the point of going back for just a couple days. If such an Uber FS happened they'd probably just stay there.
Keep in mind, unless they lower the 440,000 TP needed for blueprints, it would take all 25 of the top 25 players on each server to form a FS powerful and dedicated enough to get there. Also, top players don't care about which tournament it is (silk or scrolls etc) because they all have +700% max boosts. I have 700%, and I'm just starting orcs.
They might stay there, but they might also rotate in and out so that a different person is at the top of the fellowship each tourney so each real fellowship can pick up a blueprint once every few weeks where they might not ever get one if they stayed within their real fellowship.

(Edit: I don't mean to say it's going to happen, but we know that if there's a way to manipulate it then someone will.)

DeletedUser3696

I have a feeling that if no FS is getting blueprints there won't be any reason for other players to try and form an uber FS for tourneys. However, once one group manages to get these blueprints and if they are as good as advertised than others will want them too and do whatever it takes to get them - meaning the implosion of some very good FS's.

For most players the only reason they'll care about the type of province is because some are far easier than others and will cost them a lot less to achieve 6 provinces or their share of the 440k points.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I fear this could lead to the existance of meta-fellowships that exist only for those are most keen on the tournament to move into tempporarily and then back to their normal fellowship until the next one. If two or three friendly fellowships move their 20 or so of their highest scroll producers into a fellowship for a few days, then back after the end of the tournament, so that next week the 20 or so highest silk producers could move in....

Could happen. Like soggy I doubt it will happen en masse for a few reasons.
Will Top ranked players care enough to go through the trouble? You'd have to do a lot of coordinating to arrange for top players for all 9 boosts.
Do the higher ranks care nothing about their FS? They will just bounce in and out every week?
Of course I must say, I see this through a different lens. I only started playing at the end of October and am just now knocking on the door of T5.
I'm just worried about trying to get my scrolls to 500%.
Maybe if I was up in Orcs or Fairies or Floridians like many of you I would view this differently.

On the other hand, I can see your idea appealing to some people. The type of person who watches baseball and tracks a pitcher's era against left handed hitters on Tuesdays, ( not meant as an insult btw. if that's what people enjoy, fine ) would probably have fun drawing up charts so five FS can coordinate to create the perfect Tourny teams.

On something the OP said.
It does seem silly to create an FS just for tournys. On the other hand though, an FS of one is no different than playing solo, except you get a pretty flag. And you can have fun with your FS description.
And let me propose this. For people who enjoy the solo life, how about creating FS with names like, "Bobs Tourny Only Clan"?
You can put in your description something like, "I created this clan for the sole purpose of playing in Tournaments. If you want to join me for that reason fine. Just don't expect me to talk to you or acknowledge you in any way."

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Some of it is going to depend, at least in part, on what happens if you leave a fellowship part way through the tourney. Does your progress remain with you in your new fellowship? Does the fellowship retain your progress or lose it? What if you go back the next day? If a person can move into the fellowship for an hour while doing the tourney, then go back to their normal fellowship until the next day when they have to move again for an hour, it's going to be a different thing than if those switches lose them their progress so they have to spend five days a week in the theoretical meta-group.

DeletedUser4937

Actually quite true PixiBird, but most of the loners who would form a FS of one aren't likely looking to be in a larger FS anyway, so maybe it will push players who DO want a multi-player FS to go and find one.

Hardly all who remain alone are loners... I rather enjoyed working in concert with my discovered neighbors. Gave the game itself an air of camraderie and made it a bit more difficult without adding to the boredom factor... This is a twist that is mildly aggravating and it creates an elite or perhaps just makes outsiders of some... it is an unpleasnt change. Not a game killer.. just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

as for the comment that one can be playful with the fellowship description title etc. . Been there done that. If I am going to do something ... forced or not.... I'm going to do it with style. It may not be a style to your liking but gee.. that's tough.

Calenmir

Hardly all who remain alone are loners... I rather enjoyed working in concert with my discovered neighbors. Gave the game itself an air of camraderie and made it a bit more difficult without adding to the boredom factor... This is a twist that is mildly aggravating and it creates an elite or perhaps just makes outsiders of some... it is an unpleasnt change. Not a game killer.. just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

as for the comment that one can be playful with the fellowship description title etc. . Been there done that. If I am going to do something ... forced or not.... I'm going to do it with style. It may not be a style to your liking but gee.. that's tough.

My answer was in response to a very specific comment about being able to find/recruit members. And it may not be to your liking, but gee that's tough.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3686

Already figured it out.. assinine that I have to form a fellowsip to participate in tournements.. But there you have it and I now am a fellowship of one...

Why not look for a fellowship to join?

IMHO I like how tournaments will be Fellowship based now. I have something like 130+ provinces scouted and only a handful participate in the tournaments so getting the higher level prizes for completing provinces further away gets zilch in the end. With a Fellowship at least there's a chance of getting some better prizes in the end.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Why not look for a fellowship to join?

IMHO I like how tournaments will be Fellowship based now. I have something like 130+ provinces scouted and only a handful participate in the tournaments so getting the higher level prizes for completing provinces further away gets zilch in the end. With a Fellowship at least there's a chance of getting some better prizes in the end.

We are under the impression he doesn't play well with others!!