• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giant Buildings Linked

• Thread starter DeletedUser6368
  • Start date

DeletedUser6368

When all 4 are linked you have to wait 24hrs till you can collect, I am on Faries chapter. these are screen shots of what I get,

Ice mountain troll>> http://prntscr.com/hv1t5r all three bonus

Giants Hand >> http://prntscr.com/hv1tew are you kidding me 181 goods/24hrs Marble and Steel no Planks WTF

Frozen Vortex>> http://prntscr.com/hv1u7z only 2 supply out of the 3

Frozen Fountain>> http://prntscr.com/hv1v3e all 3 bonus supply

All 4 linked this the best I could get out of them>> http://prntscr.com/hv1z66

My understanding was when all 4 are linked you get ALL the bonuses I already tried to switch them around but got less on each time.

In essence what you really get is Complete Garbage!!! Lucky me I didn't spend money on this quest I'd be LIVID to see what I get with those linked buildings.

All the big hype was getting these link buildings only to find out you don't get as much goods and supply /24hrs. not impressed with this quest, some buildings(non-link) worth getting others not so much.

I am going to keep them for the duration until collect see what happens after that ?? maybe it might increase. I will just delete them later.

All this quest was overly hyped up so people would spend money and buy what you needed, I know most of you are pissed as I am(didn't spend any money)

This quest was just about the the linked buildings.

rvtdragon1

Cyg,

I completely understand. Imagine the disappointment of getting only three of the four. I spent eight days at the beginning of the event and completed all 108 of the main line quests. Saved the keys. Worked daily to add the extra 35/day, harvested each key as it fell. Got the first building. Got the second building. Picked up the much needed population from the shipwreck and Hag. Skipped the rest, even though they would have really helped. Got the third building. Waited and collected to get the fourth building. Had almost 2,000 to get the last building and DID NOT get it. Got some time boosters, goods boosters, coin boosters but no 4th building. When I posted my disappointment in a different thread last night I do not get sympathy and understanding, I get snotty replies telling me how they got everything they wanted and provided chart after chart of statistics and probabilities. (Come out of the basement people, go into the light.)

After the disappointment of not getting the fourth building I deleted the other three. I saw no point in wasting so much space for nothing. Built a few culture buildings to replace what was deducted and am moving on.

I have no plans to partake in the next event, no matter what it is. I think everyone should do this. Do not play the next event. Let the developers notice that no-one cares. See the numbers of players drop drastically. Unfortunately, there will be those who spend big bucks to get it all and the $ is what will make it a success. Not the number that participate. Or, change the event to working to obtain the buildings, not work to obtain the chance that you will be lucky enough to maybe, if the Fates are on your side, get something. My goal from this point on is to play my regular game. Grow my city and be happy with that.

And the rest of you, I don't need your wise and glib comments. Just don't. You know who you are and we really do not want to hear it.

Again Cyg, I completely understand your disappointment.

DeletedUser6368

Cyg,

I completely understand. Imagine the disappointment of getting only three of the four. I spent eight days at the beginning of the event and completed all 108 of the main line quests. Saved the keys. Worked daily to add the extra 35/day, harvested each key as it fell. Got the first building. Got the second building. Picked up the much needed population from the shipwreck and Hag. Skipped the rest, even though they would have really helped. Got the third building. Waited and collected to get the fourth building. Had almost 2,000 to get the last building and DID NOT get it. Got some time boosters, goods boosters, coin boosters but no 4th building. When I posted my disappointment in a different thread last night I do not get sympathy and understanding, I get snotty replies telling me how they got everything they wanted and provided chart after chart of statistics and probabilities. (Come out of the basement people, go into the light.)

After the disappointment of not getting the fourth building I deleted the other three. I saw no point in wasting so much space for nothing. Built a few culture buildings to replace what was deducted and am moving on.

I have no plans to partake in the next event, no matter what it is. I think everyone should do this. Do not play the next event. Let the developers notice that no-one cares. See the numbers of players drop drastically. Unfortunately, there will be those who spend big bucks to get it all and the $ is what will make it a success. Not the number that participate. Or, change the event to working to obtain the buildings, not work to obtain the chance that you will be lucky enough to maybe, if the Fates are on your side, get something. My goal from this point on is to play my regular game. Grow my city and be happy with that.

And the rest of you, I don't need your wise and glib comments. Just don't. You know who you are and we really do not want to hear it.

Again Cyg, I completely understand your disappointment.
This is the response I got form INNO Senior game support,http://prntscr.com/hv58ef shouldn't this person know exactly what I am talking about. I didn't ask what I would get I already knew that from the buildings, just have to link them up and I should get ALL the bonuses from the 4 linked buildings but that's not happening.

rvtdragon1

So, they told you what you already knew. I don't think there is any way to link the 4 buildings to get the max bonus out of all of them. You need more than one of some to get the maximum boost.

All of the other info I have seen on the forum shows multiple of all buildings to get the bonus. INNO should have been able to tell you that only four will not get you max bonus. This is not really info that was available before the event started. Perhaps fewer would have tried if they had known this. Near the end you can't go back and get what is no longer available. With four buildings you have gotten all you can get, no matter how you arrange them. Mine are gone so it really does not matter at this point but it would have been nice to know.

Like I said before, have an event where you can earn prizes based on how much effort you put in, not earn the chance to maybe, with luck, get something. Especially with the amount of space you need to fit the buildings.

DeletedUser5521

@rvtdragon1 You did NOT "get snotty replies telling you how they got everything they wanted, and chart after chart of statistics and probabilities", you wrote your message in a thread that was already about those charts, they were already there for several pages before your post, and more were added after your post. The debate at the time was about the merits of those charts. Those who were posting what they got were giving either support or opposition for the validity of the charts and whether the big, middle, or small box is a better choice. @Nenelar was the only one, I believe, who may have actually addressed your comment without referencing you by name or quote, and he did sympathize with you, saying "it sucks to not get the building you wanted". That was it. Nothing else was about you or directed at you. Sorry that you felt it was, but it was not. And no one is better or worse than you for having gotten the buildings they were going for. They just happened to get lucky. Period. Happy gaming :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
When I posted my disappointment in a different thread last night I do not get sympathy and understanding, I get snotty replies telling me how they got everything they wanted and provided chart after chart of statistics and probabilities. (Come out of the basement people, go into the light.)
I'm sorry we didn't completely stop the conversation that we had been having for 3 days when you came in to post.
ash.png
This is the response I got form INNO Senior game support,http://prntscr.com/hv58ef shouldn't this person know exactly what I am talking about.
It wasn't very well explained by inno before the event, which is unfortunate, but the response you got from support is 100% correct.

DeletedUser6368

I'm sorry we didn't completely stop the conversation that we had been having for 3 days when you came in to post.

It wasn't very well explained by inno before the event, which is unfortunate, but the response you got from support is 100% correct.
it's too bad Support is that dumb and not give an in-depth explanation about what these buildings do linked together, the basic explanation was lousy and lazy.

rvtdragon1

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was at work. And yet again, Another snotty response from someone who is further and therefore better than me. No longer care. Don't reply. I will NOT be following this thread any further. Have a pleasant day and a very Happy New Year.

rvtdragon1

I'm sorry, I do have one more comment. How do I delete my forum account? If I could receive a response from those who are not better than me, just feel superior, then it would be much appreciated.

DeletedUser12171

I fail to see many other people complain about this issue, I wonder why? An alternative solution would be to man up and admit that you interpreted the information wrongly. Sucks I know but there's no shame in that.

As for not winning a certain building - well, I guess that's how games of chance work - you have a chance to win and a chance to lose. Life is harsh, welcome to the world.

DeletedUser12171

Set Buildings were implemented all wrong. I started a new thread concerning Set Buildings.

Now you're talking about implementation, which is another animal altogether. I remember somewhere in the suggestions section there was an idea about synergistic buildings. I'm glad the devs took that to heart and tried it out with this event. If the mechanic works well, it could perhaps one day be worked into the mainline progression and not just be an event-based novelty. I agree the implementation of set buildings can be improved, but given how it was done this time, I would advise players not to get all worked up if they didn't get it. I mean, come on, the set isn't a game-changer man. It doesn't break the game or even make that big of a difference to production. I personally like it more for the graphic design than anything else. Let's not make much ado about nothing.

DeletedUser9601

I mean, come on, the set isn't a game-changer man. It doesn't break the game or even make that big of a difference to production. I personally like it more for the graphic design than anything else. Let's not make much ado about nothing.

Amen, the set buildings are nice, but there were much better rewards out there for nearly every play-type. Coupled with the difficulty that the set buildings bring to city layout, I think too many people locked in on the set buildings as if they were the sole purpose of the event, when in reality they were a nice new flavor to try out.

DeletedUser12423

I think too many people locked in on the set buildings as if they were the sole purpose of the event, when in reality they were a nice new flavor to try out.
When in reality they were a nice new tease, very unlikely to get...

DeletedUser9601

When in reality they were a nice new tease, very unlikely to get...
Its the same side of the coin about complaints about the prizes on double crown days. People want to have their cake and eat it too. Some players (mainly the very advanced players and the high spenders) can achieve all of the prizes. Most other people get left with a few very good prizes.

If your expectation is really incredible buildings that are guaranteed prizes, that also don't take either a ton of planning/effort/money to obtain, you're going to be disappointed. This game, and very few other games, offer those kind of rewards.

DeletedUser12423

You make viable points. Now here's mine. Elvenar advertises as a free-to-play then offers set buildings only a select few can get?

Like I said, I have better words for this, but they aren't appropriate for forum.

Its the same side of the coin about complaints about the prizes on double crown days.

(updated and edited this part)
Actually, this problem they solved with day 34 of the event. By doing boosts rather then the boosted buildings, they didn't force players into more temporary buildings on double crowns. Thank you for that, Inno <3

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You make viable points. Now here's mine. Elvenar advertises as a free-to-play then offers set buildings only a select few can get?
I don't think that is a fair assessment.
All FTP games are harder for those who play for free. Usually it requires more time and effort.
If you really focused your city on getting set buildings by planning ahead and completing as many quests as possible before the first set building was released, the vast majority of players would get at least 1, not just "a select few"
Getting the first 43 quests done by day 6 gives a 92% chance of getting a GH
Getting the first 70 quests done by day 6 gives a 99.5% chance.