• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade: The Question of Magical Goods

DeletedUser627

A well-respected Beta player - Benroq - made the following comparison:

"I have just looked on the wiki for my factories of gemme.
At present I have 4 level factories 15 which allow me to produce according to the wiki 4*571=2284/day.
To run these factories I need of:
4*1708=6832 population
4*509=2036 culture
4*22 = 88 squares

Let us imagine that I remove a factory, I have thus 3 there that I am going to put in the level 19 what will allow me a production of 3*775=2325 / day what will give me a production equivalent me to have before.

To run these 3 factories I shall need of:
-3*3328 = 9984 population
-3*886 = 2658 culture
-3*22 = 66 squares

In conclusion I shall keep the same production, I am going to gain 22 available squares ( 20 for the building and 2 for the road) on the other hand I am going to have to use 9984-6832=3152 population additional and 2658-2036=622 additional culture.
I am going to get back 1708 inhabitants and 509 culture of my destroyed building, finelly I will miss him thus 1444 inhabitants and 113 culture.

I am thus going to have to put 2 residences in more to have my missing inhabitants 2*850=1700 inhabitants.
These residences are going to take me 12 squares each + 3 squares for the road thus 27 squares And 764 additional culture.

Conclusion:
I am going to keep the same production but I am going to lose 5 squares and 764 culture.
I thus wanted to know what is the interest for me to cross(spend) my factories at the level 19?"

In other words: it will require 5 more squares and 764 more culture to produce the same number of goods. But the score will be higher: 1700 working pop and 764 required culture.

DeletedUser43

Don't forget to add in the additional score you could get from those 5 spaces. The seen and unseen consequences. ;) You know much better than I what you could have put there.

So the question is....do we put this orc ugliness in our cities or skip it?

DeletedUser627

Don't forget to add in the additional score you could get from those 5 spaces.
Si. Plus the 764 culture - it will either be subtracted from our available, or we'll have to use 5-7 spaces to produce it.

The other problem with the large increase in culture requirement is that it undermines our ability to get to the 125% culture bonus. Since they're still requiring the Magic Academy...and they won't let us utilize the Culture Spells unless we have the 125% Bonus level...then there's a signifiant cost to keeping our culture down at 100%. I don't know that the cost is high enough to necessitate trying to build up to 125, but it's something to keep in mind.

DeletedUser43

That is one reason I won't build that feckless thing. Plus, I am a full 10 expansions behind just to get to where you all are starting the orc chapter. In a week or so I will be 20 expansions behind. That is literally years of scouting. The last thing I need is to waste a whole expansion with a building that does me more harm than good.