• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too hard to log into forums

DeletedUser43

I have had at least 20 people tell me today that they cannot log into the forums. Most people have no clue they were sent an email with a forum password. They try to log in here with their regular username and password and it doesn't recognize them.

Can't we get that fixed? Can't we make it so the same name and passoword work for both? Or at least make it so people can use either?

DeletedUser68

You can use exactly the same Username and email address to log in to the forums. In fact you MUST.

The registration procedure verifies that you've ALREADY verified your email address, and that you're using the name that's associated with your game account.

The passwords can, and probably should be different. If you're not logged into the forum you can click on the Don't Remember link and the subsequent email will take you to a page that allows you to change your forum password.

The Forum Moderators are not going to change your forum password, for two reasons:
  1. It's not secure. Forum Mods can also be fooled by a slick con artist, so the automated email link is actually more secure.
  2. We'd rather focus on chasing down bugs and keeping the forums interesting and informative.
  3. For example, my password is the last 8 digits of π.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Ahh....gotcha. Ok. Then scrap that idea!! Thank you Dark Alchy!! I had no idea.

Maybe people can just contact support and get them to send them a new password? :p I hope that is possible.

DeletedUser61

Verifying that folks have an associated game account cuts down on the spam, AND it allows you to follow up on the conversation, in-game.

I'd just as soon be able to look at their cities when somebody is claiming expertise, and then either dismiss their ideas or else delve into their accomplishments.

DeletedUser1061

Ahh....gotcha. Ok. Then scrap that idea!! Thank you Dark Alchy!! I had no idea.

Maybe people can just contact support and get them to send them a new password? :p I hope that is possible.
I had support help me to log on as nothing I did worked and they sent me a link to reset my password and when I did it it worked. I think the problem was I never received a confirmation email so I never knew to click it because it never was here. Support will get them sorted out easily. :)

DeletedUser68

There were also some Facebook related issues a couple of months ago, and there's still some confusion left over from that fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 107391

Verifying that folks have an associated game account cuts down on the spam, AND it allows you to follow up on the conversation, in-game.

I'd just as soon be able to look at their cities when somebody is claiming expertise, and then either dismiss their ideas or else delve into their accomplishments.

CAN you look at someone's city from here? I've tried and been unsuccessful.

DeletedUser61

You must be logged in to the related world to visit a city.

The linkage between the forum and the actual game merely ensures that the folks who are posting in the forums actually have some game experience.

Deleted User - 107391

You must be logged in to the related world to visit a city.

The linkage between the forum and the actual game merely ensures that the folks who are posting in the forums actually have some game experience.

Doesn't work for me. Where do you click?

There are several people whose comments have made me wonder about the progress of their city, but I haven't been able to find any way to get there. Bobbipiazza is an example. She posts here frequently, but I can only reach her city by going to the ranking list.

DeletedUser1061

Doesn't work for me. Where do you click?

There are several people whose comments have made me wonder about the progress of their city, but I haven't been able to find any way to get there. Bobbipiazza is an example. She posts here frequently, but I can only reach her city by going to the ranking list.
That is how you do it. C&P their name from here then pop it into the ranking search and click their name to see a visit.

DeletedUser61

AND you can take advantage of our WONDERFUL new goody by clicking on the rank WHILE you're visiting a city. THEIR name will be highlighted in the global roster, so its therefore quite easy to simply walk down the roster looking at cool cities.

Clicking on the Fellowship Shield gives you the same sort of behavior for your fellows.