• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too Much KP Purchase

LoredonElvenhome

I will not be participating in the current event. The problem is that purchasing knowledge points permanently advances one's kp purchase counters. It's like how the wholesaler charges you more and more. But at least the wholesaler resets!

The current event is poorly designed to absolutely require the purchase of more than 100 kp. There are even more kp purchase quests, but several of these provide an alternative means of completing them.
The developers need to realize that having so much in their event affects not only that event, but all future events as well, making them impractical and unrewarding.

I am not adverse to buying a few kp to complete an event, but hundreds seems rather excessive. IMHO, the event designers should always offer an 'or' option when requiring us to buy kp. A few smaller required expenditures would be acceptable, but if you're going to continue to require so much, you should at least provide a way for the players to lower our counters afterwards: perhaps we could sell back between events, lowering a counter by investing 3 earned kp.

Otherwise, this odious requirement sucks all the joy out of an event, which I am sure is not your intent. :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I understand, sympathize and even agree. I too was complaining to my BF. And then I did recall, that we are getting a new, very powerful pet, that has the potential to be a game changer for newer players. And I recall how tedious to difficult the 3 bears event was, and remind myself - at least we're not building 8 toolboxes in our current or previous level workshops, back to back because the RNG favored mirror quests.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
we are getting a new, very powerful pet, that has the potential to be a game changer for newer players.
I am not seeing it, this pet seems pretty useless to new players, imo.

You cant tournament until chapter 4, you can't tournament impressively until you pass the orc wall(chapter 8), you don't need to dedicate your MA to MMs until chapter 12ish, and you can't get the time warp until chapter 14.

The base production is great for anyone who does not have a 700% boost, but it is no better than any other pet.

What am I missing?

Moho

Chef
i36.jpg

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
It's actually cheaper to get KPs by buying them than playing tournament. So if you don't care much about relics or enchantments and have high enough tournament score to contribute to FS rewards, it's a way to go. Also if you keep progressing, the buy KPs get cheaper because you produce more. And the increase with each bought KPs isn't even noticeable once your cost reaches millions of coins.

Last edited:

defiantoneks

What else is there to spend coins on, anyhow?
yep. coin production continues to increase through chapters, so even when a single KP costs 2.5 million, by then you're STILL dumping coin every time you collect from the GA.
and… no one is making you pay exclusively with coin. spread it out. or only use your boosted goods to buy them for events. whatever.

Smooper

Buying KP screenshot.png

Chapter 12 city. I usually dump coins into buying KP's several times a day. This quest could take a bit longer if I just want to do coins but my goods are still quite cheap because I rarely use them.

Mijal

As a freshly returning player whose city is in Chapter 3, these look difficult for me because buying so many causes the cost to go up quite a lot relative to my production. I agree that an "or" option would be nice, especially if it's something easier for newer cities (maybe Scout/complete a province, research a technology, or something) which would still incentivize more advanced cities to buy KP.

Count Rupert

I must be missing something. I don't see a big imbalance along the scale of what I hear happened with the moonstone library gutting those with scrolls as a boosted resource (that's beside the scrap fragment issue) which caused a large exodus of such players. From what I can tell we haven't entirely recovered from that yet. The game's already imbalanced between the haves and the have nots. I'm not seeing it changing that. Sure it'll have its big effect on the FA but that's going to be among the top fellowships (haves) capable of challenging for the top spots. Might mixup the order of finish. Most if not all those players already have zillions of CCs so it's not going to change what they use them on. They're already getting whatever they want from the MA. I suppose the inevitable surge in druids will cause Inno to make its usual attempt to rein things in along the lines of the recent Coins changes. Of course they could change them to some other enchantment. Maybe Inspiring Meditations. :p

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
And I thought I was doing well being in chapter 19 with this

KP cost.PNG

It's actually cheaper to get KPs by buying them than playing tournament. So if you don't care much about relics or enchantments and have high enough tournament score to contribute to FS rewards, it's a way to go. Also if you keep progressing, the buy KPs get cheaper because you produce more. And the increase with each bought KPs isn't even noticeable once your cost reaches millions of coins.
This is a great point. It may be that the rising cost is exactly because as you go everything "inflates." So the relative cost vs production abilities is some kind of theoretical ration the devs figure will remain fairly constant. So, in essence, if true, they are saying, "pay X percent of your daily production to buy a knowledge point" I've kept mine down by not buying any I wasn't actually required to purchase, though, apparently, @Flashfyre is doing an even better job than I.

AJ