• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Totally screwed over relics requirement for winter event. Thanks, Inno.

• Thread starter DeletedUser1590
  • Start date

DeletedUser5285

1. even if you build a wonder you can still get runes for it (you need more to upgrade a wonder to level 6 and 10)
2. tournaments do not count towards "solve x encounters" quests but they do count towards "gain x relics"
OK...thanks and still "UGH" about getting the runes right now, I really want the father tree!! LOL!

DeletedUser3468

I actually like how they're giving out relics as prizes. I create and use a ton of spells, so extra relics are always welcome, even if they're not for a boosted type.

I use spells a lot too but for some reason the relics they're giving out are for ones that I already have an overabundance of! I did try to psych myself into hoping for the relics when I needed to get 20 and got... kp! :rolleyes: Actually, I did finally end up with the Father Tree in 2 of my cities so I'm in a better mood tonight!:D

DeletedUser3273

Don't have orcs, so bartering in provinces to get relics is not an option. And long before the "if you scouted too many provinces we're going to make fighting utterly impossible," I scouted every province I can. So now I can't battle to clear a province, which, again, means I can't clear a province to get any relics. Wow, thanks so much, devs, for figuring out a way to suck the fun out of this game for players who have been active and are/were diamond buyers and for giving people yet another reason not to want to spend another penny on this game.

<slow clap> Whoever's been implementing your business model doesn't understand a single thing about how to generate business. Congratulations.

I must agree. Sucked the fun right out of the game. And now we have to go backwards again. Another box in research to go back to. Why didn't we just start the game at the end and work backwards to our roots.
I am an Arch in one realm and a mage in three, we have lost over 30% of each team due to changes in the game, mostly battle. Its great fun rebuilding a team every two months.
I read somewhere that this is the hot new best game site, sure glad I didn't land in one of the mediocre ones. I can just imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5020

Don't have orcs, so bartering in provinces to get relics is not an option. And long before the "if you scouted too many provinces we're going to make fighting utterly impossible," I scouted every province I can. So now I can't battle to clear a province, which, again, means I can't clear a province to get any relics. Wow, thanks so much, devs, for figuring out a way to suck the fun out of this game for players who have been active and are/were diamond buyers and for giving people yet another reason not to want to spend another penny on this game.

<slow clap> Whoever's been implementing your business model doesn't understand a single thing about how to generate business. Congratulations.
I hear you. I can't remember the last time I was able to win a battle outside of tournament time.

DeletedUser5020

Here's what I don't get. Why be so stingy with the daily reward items? What is the point? Why not give one for every "x" amount of snowflakes earned rather than just the small chance of earning the reward? It's not like it costs the creator anything if more people earn the items. There is just no logic to that as far as I can see, and all it does is frustrate the people who just aren't lucky, but might have put a lot more into the challenge.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Why not give one for every "x" amount of snowflakes
I think INNO feels that the other possible rewards are important too. Without a 30% chance at relics many players might have a hard time getting the 200 relics that the event requires. Also, the 20% chance of getting free snowflakes is the only way a non-premium player could ever get the third prize. Finally we have the 25 KP, which could very well help players get into the next chapter which gives a huge increase to the buildings that they do eventually win.
EDIT: forgot about runes. While there is a good chance of getting runes you don't want, getting 5 runes at once for a wonder that you are working towards could be a nice boost for some.

DeletedUser5020

I spent about all my resources to get past relics. Now I'm stuck on Power of Provision. I have absolutely zero way to get a planks relic right now. No planks provinces even close to where I can even scout them yet. No way to buy them or trade for them that I know og.

DeletedUser3297

I spent about all my resources to get past relics. Now I'm stuck on Power of Provision. I have absolutely zero way to get a planks relic right now. No planks provinces even close to where I can even scout them yet. No way to buy them or trade for them that I know og.

This is exactly the reason to participate in every tournament.

Too bad you never thought about what it would require to run your Magic Academy.

If you have a Magic Academy, you need to participate in EVERY tournament to run the thing..

DeletedUser5020

This is exactly the reason to participate in every tournament.

Too bad you never thought about what it would require to run your Magic Academy.

If you have a Magic Academy, you need to participate in EVERY tournament to run the thing..
I actually have participated in every one. I have waaaay more than I'll ever need of some relics. I also got ahead of myself discovering provinces and scouting not realizing that would be a detriment later. I actually have several power of provisions I've been saving, but no way to make new ones right now :-(

DeletedUser2870

@kayleegrrl
That is, IF you want to run it all the time. Personally, I don't use very many spells. It's mainly there to help during periods where I need to have huge amounts of goods and/or supplies. And for some quests of course.
But since the last event, I'm still pretty much well-stocked on spells

DeletedUser3297

Yep, me too. I have a lot of each spell that I will probably never use. But I am glad that I did build the MA so I can participate in events.

I would like to be able to place it on an expansion far away from my city when not in use.

DeletedUser2870

I think INNO feels that the other possible rewards are important too. Without a 30% chance at relics many players might have a hard time getting the 200 relics that the event requires. Also, the 20% chance of getting free snowflakes is the only way a non-premium player could ever get the third prize. Finally we have the 25 KP, which could very well help players get into the next chapter which gives a huge increase to the buildings that they do eventually win.
EDIT: forgot about runes. While there is a good chance of getting runes you don't want, getting 5 runes at once for a wonder that you are working towards could be a nice boost for some.

Though all true I think there's one more reason, and probably an overriding one:
By keeping it all a matter of chance, INNOGAMES has a much better chance of players buying additional snowflakes because players are well aware that these rewards will not be available at any other time. So especially when the daily price is one that has a very good effect and good graphics, Inno knows that people will be more likely to invest real money again.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I actually have participated in every one. I have waaaay more than I'll ever need of some relics. I also got ahead of myself discovering provinces and scouting not realizing that would be a detriment later. I actually have several power of provisions I've been saving, but no way to make new ones right now :-(
For future events keep in mind that if you clear 6 provinces 5 times during your PoP relic tournaments you will never run out.
You should get 126 relics from that, which allows you to cook PoP spells 24/7 all year.

DeletedUser3507

lol chance, a snowballs chance in the tropic even for premium player.
If you buy them its throwing good money away in my opinion save it to when you can buy something worthwhile.,Like a X-Box where you have a much better chance of winning.o_O

DeletedUser5020

I hear you. I can't remember the last time I was able to win a battle outside of tournament time.

I also can't get any need plank relics to create PoP because scouting them now requires orcs and I'm not at that level yet. So no scouting for a while I guess. And now way to get plank relics, thus no way to create PoP, thus now way to move to the next challenge in Snowflakes. Bleh.

DeletedUser3507

Been there done that, couldn't fight without being cremated, spent 2.weeks in scouting for when I did have Orcs.Now I have them so didn't suffer too much.