• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament ended, question about "bonus points"??

DeletedUser2231

So the tournament ended and I got 23rd place. I was awarded 4 scroll relics and "78 Bonus Points". I looked at the tournament rules, etc. and perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what are those bonus points and what are they used for?

DeletedUser1036

They are added to your ranking score over all on your server. Looks like the next tournament is 3 days away.

DeletedUser2231

That's kind of weird, because why would they add to my score after the end of the tournament, when the rank is given, scoring is done, etc. Or do they go back afterwards and re-add it? Sorry, this may sound really stupid, it just isn't registering.

DeletedUser1036

Your score is now 19198 in ranking on the sever which means before the tournament ended your score was 19120 on the server. The higher your score the higher your rank goes.

DeletedUser2231

Oh OK...I had a thought it might be that, but what a sad disappointment on the points, LOL. I can do one or two upgrades on something and pass that...the first run through the provinces was nice, with scroll relics, etc. It seemed like the end result would be some amazing number, lol.

DeletedUser1036

Yes the cost vs the rewards was a lot less then expected. I came in 14th and received 9 relics and 87 points. Cost wise I could easily have built a few residences and manufactorys in my spare space and gained a whole lot more spending way less.

DeletedUser61

In the current Beta release they've boosted the top place to yield 1000 ranking points, and then 900, 850, 800, etc. That's still not a lot, but it's a bit more of an incentive. Those points are awarded at the END of the Tournament because your placement depends on how other folks did as well.

I haven't checked it all that close, but I'm assuming that you also get some points from each Relic that you win along the way.

DeletedUser627

I think everyone is misunderstanding the impact of these bonus points - personally, I dislike it.

These are permanently awarded points - they can never be lost. All previous points have to be maintained - if you build it, you get the points; if you tear it down, you lost the points. With encounters, everyone has access to win expansion points just like everyone else - the only difference of availability is timing.

The points for the Tournaments are 1) competitive - they're not available to everyone, only to the top few every week. 2) they favor spenders, large cities, and fighters (over builders).

It requires resources to win, and of course only the large cities / spenders will have enough resources on average. It's bad enough to add 50 points a week average to large cities for doing something that has nothing to do with city building. It would be atrocious to award huge rank points for tournaments.

Consider how hard we have to work to gain 500-1000 points? I'm currently wracking my brains, finagling this and that, just to come up with the final 800 points I can eke out of Fairy, and enjoying the puzzle. But all the effort we put into city building will seem irrelevant if we can just rack up significant points from fighting.

Anyone not currently in the top 300 should really really hate this idea: big cities will win most of the points now and in the future. We'll get further and further ahead in rank

DeletedUser

I came in second place and only received 10 scrolls relics and 99 rank points. For the troops and goods it took me to compete at that level the rewards were an extreme disappointment. Okay so the argument is that they are perminate rank points. Like really 99 of them? In the big picture 99 rank points is nothing at all. For second place I should have gotten way more than that. I am disappointed. I will play the new tournament that starts today but I sure hope they changed the rewards.

DeletedUser61

0 scrolls relics and 99 rank points.
Apparently the developers agree with you. In the current 1.6 Beta release the top rewards is 1000 points and 2nd is 900 points.

The bad news is that they've also jacked up the Catering costs.

My guess is that it will take a couple of months before folks have bled off their excess Inventory and Troops, and before the developers have tuned the Tournament parameters to get a 40/60 blend, or whatever balance point is the most appropriate for the number of goods and troops that "normal" cities can generate.

DeletedUser

The bad news is that they've also jacked up the Catering costs.

See THAT right there is why everyone is complaining about the development team!!! If we claim the rewards are not beneficial and ask them to increase them they take any further increase away and use methods that are counterproductive in increasing the cost to obtain those rewards. It is a NO WIN for players. They really need to start stepping up to the plate here and hit some homeruns instead of striking out. It is the bottom of the 9th bases loaded in a tie game. Would they pull Babe Ruth in order to put in a minor leager that's record was one of the worse in the entire league? Because this is what they are seemingly doing each and every time they fix a problem. They fix it but then take away any possible benefit and end up striking out.

DeletedUser61

They fix it but then take away any possible benefit and end up striking out.
Or, to be fair, the developers understand that the game isn't supposed to be easy and boring. Rather it's supposed to be challenging and worth your while.

At the moment the Tournaments are pretty lopsided BECAUSE we've had too much time to accumulate Troops and Goods, but a couple of weeks from now folks will have burned off their excess inventories and will be down to using what they can produce each week. That's the on-going target that the developers should be shooting at.

DeletedUser627

Or, to be fair, the developers understand that the game isn't supposed to be easy and boring. Rather it's supposed to be challenging and worth your while.

At the moment the Tournaments are pretty lopsided BECAUSE we've had too much time to accumulate Troops and Goods, but a couple of weeks from now folks will have burned off their excess inventories and will be down to using what they can produce each week. That's the on-going target that the developers should be shooting at.

Isn't this backwards? The high catering costs ensure that few of us are going to waste goods for minimal rewards - so our inventories won't necessarily diminish.

DeletedUser61

Isn't this backwards?
What else are you going to do with piles and piles of goods? The Catering costs were jacked up, probably because folks were Catering "too often" rather than Fighting. I've seen anecdotal evidence that folks were routinely Catering, rather than Fighting, whenever at least one of the required goods matched their boosts, and therefore their excess inventories.

One of the basic techniques of marketing is to start with a HIGH price, to establish an assumed value, and then use free standing inserts, coupons, and discounts to determine the price point that will yield the highest Returns = Units Sold * Selling Price.
See https://mises.org/library/economics-coupons-and-other-price-cuts

The Innogames development team isn't quite that sophisticated just yet, as evidenced by the current adjustments which are making it obvious that they're finally realizing that they priced Catering costs far too low during the first few rounds, relative to the cost of Fighting. I pointed out the problem the very first day Tournaments were offered in Beta, see but my bug report was promptly flipped to "Not a Bug" and archived. I haven't gotten my Beta Diamonds yet, but I was a full month ahead of the music. There are various sorts of bugs and the conceptual ones are the most difficult to recognize, so it's no surprise. Hopefully somebody with a marketing background has finally gotten the developer's attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1122

Good grief Charlie. All these poor players that signed up for a "builder's game".
The disappointment you must of felt when you realized that the combat was an elementary form of checkers, more boring than watching paint dry and totally lacking in gore. Killing only played a minor but irritating role in the game.
Lo and behold!! Your patience has paid off.
As INNO boots out all the builder's from the game with the introduction of mandatory combat you should be able to enjoy the following:
Faster game speed. The server won't have any of those stupid builder types crowding the server up.
You can create as many avatars as you want and have conversations with yourself on how great INNO's builder's game is before combat. Try it you will love it.
Moderators will be available to provide assistance as required since they won't have anybody to warn about the forum rules as shrills are exempted from them.
Please remember that the 1000 point awards for combat is only in beta and won't be here for another week. They may make improvements on it yet. 2000 points? Must open 10 gates? Must use a spell to kill? A level for payers only so cash can rule the game? Endless possibilities.
Their creative juice must be running with excitement.