• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Fighters Levels

DeletedUser19346

I'd really like to know why on the last couple of days of the tournament the enemies are so strong that I don't have a prayer of beating them. Not only that, at this point in the game, I don't have enough goods to cater even most of them. I don't like this, because we are having trouble getting the members of our fellowship to join the tournament at all, and here I am, wanting to play and can't advance any further. Not to mention that the amount of time between tournaments is barely enough time to replenish my Treant fighters, let-alone any of the others that I'd like to fight with. Why do they do this?

shynner

The tournaments are definitely a challenge, and are meant to be as such. I have found that by manual fighting, it saves troops and goods. Learning the strengths and weaknesses of both the enemy troops and your troops, as well as the movements of all, would be the best way to go in the area of saving troops and goods. However, manual fighting is also time consuming and, even with that, toward the end of the battle rounds, inevitably, there are still some battles that can only be won by catering. There are videos and suggestions about which troops to use, as well as some other great info on this website..
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/

If they made this game too easy, where would the challenge be? ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
With each star you complete on a province, the cost of negotiating and the toughness and number of enemy troops increases. Also, the more provinces you do, the tougher they get. So trying to complete the 3rd star will be harder than the 1st star, and the 8th province on your list will be tougher than the 1st province on your list. Also, the tournaments for your boosted goods relics tend to be a little easier than the tournaments for the other six goods. And supposedly, the planks tournament is the easiest of all nine, whether you are boosted in planks or not.

Also, the more advanced you get in the game's chapters and research, the better you will get at the tournaments. While someone in chapter 2 or 3 may be able to earn a couple hundred points, someone in chapter 8 or 10 or 12 could earn anywhere from 1000 to 3000 points. Oh, and the further you get, including leveling up your military buildings, the quicker your troop production will get. In early chapters it may takes hours to produce a single squad, but in later chapters it can be minutes instead. The Ancient Wonders you build makes a difference in this too. Some of them increase squad size, some increase training speed. If you want to do a lot of fighting and less negotiating, you will want to build those Wonders once you research them.

DeletedUser20396

If you really want to learn the weaknesses of the enemy's troops and your own, the best way I found was on the earliest of the tournament, to click manual fight, and once in the fight to hit, auto fight. It's a little thing at the bottom of the screen on the left.
f.PNG
And then I watch them Fight to figure out how. Hope this helped. :)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Also, the tournaments for your boosted goods relics tend to be a little easier than the tournaments for the other six goods. And supposedly, the planks tournament is the easiest of all nine, whether you are boosted in planks or not.

That is only the case if your lucky enough to have the boosted goods for the easier tournaments. While I would love it if my town with scrolls and dust boosts had easier fights then others, it simply isn't the case. The difficulty of tournaments relates a lot more to the key unit for that tournament, then to the enemy combinations and then your wonders. Event buildings can also impact this a lot depending on the tournament and what you use.

Oh, and the further you get, including levelling up your military buildings, the quicker your troop production will get.

The troops use in tournaments are a % of your world map squad size. Your squad size also grows as you get bigger so it takes more troops to make that one squad. All of this means the tournaments are relative to your squad size and town so you don't get an advantage in training speed based on chapter. Your selection of wonders does make a difference as does your chapter in terms of if barracks, training grounds and merc camp times can vary compared to each other.

@RighteousStar The fights are designed to get more difficult each round. You get more points for the harder rounds but it also lets you choose your strategy in terms of doing more rounds verse more difficult rounds. The best thing is to learn about the key units for each tournament as this is the main one to train. Then learn about which units work best against what so you can support the key unit, if needed. Levelling wonders also helps. With some practice you should be able to hit 1,000-1,600 pts most (if not all) weeks.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That is only the case if your lucky enough to have the boosted goods for the easier tournaments. While I would love it if my town with scrolls and dust boosts had easier fights then others, it simply isn't the case. The difficulty of tournaments relates a lot more to the key unit for that tournament, then to the enemy combinations and then your wonders. Event buildings can also impact this a lot depending on the tournament and what you use.

It must be different for different players, then, since my boosts of marble, silk, and gems seem at least a little easier to me when compared to the non-boosted one, except for planks. I still cannot decide if that one is easier or marble is easier for me.

The troops use in tournaments are a % of your world map squad size. Your squad size also grows as you get bigger so it takes more troops to make that one squad. All of this means the tournaments are relative to your squad size and town so you don't get an advantage in training speed based on chapter. Your selection of wonders does make a difference as does your chapter in terms of if barracks, training grounds and merc camp times can vary compared to each other.

The point I made with that is that as you advance in chapters, you need to keep your military buildings upgraded to their current max level for the faster troop production. Each new level of the matching troop building speeds up your squad production time for those troops and @RighteousStar was asking why her Treants were taking so long to make. If her barracks is not up to date, her production is taking longer than it could. And then there is the increase in production speeds that some Wonders give. Upgrading armories increases your squad size, which also increases the production time, so all that has to be balanced.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It must be different for different players, then, since my boosts of marble, silk, and gems seem at least a little easier to me

That's because those 3 are amongst the easier tournaments, can vary a little by race but still easier ones. Gems and marble are mages and silk is heavy melee. Planks is heavy range. As a general rule of thumb the more range your troop has the easier the tournament. Its one but not the only reason that the light melee tournaments of scrolls and dust are hardest.