• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament ranking

i8sh

Suggestion: Create an overall tournament ranking tab based on total tournament points accumulated over time (as shown in ranking points)

1630075014459.png

Pro: This will foster greater competitiveness between players (vs just overall ranking). This can encourage more tournament play.
Con: Will require the creation of a new tab under "ranking" which will make two tabs identified for tournaments (active and overall) which could be confusing to some.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Doesnt the overall ranking system include tourney points already? I would like to see a Fellowship Tourney board similar to the Spire and Adventure boards.

i8sh

Doesnt the overall ranking system include tourney points already? I would like to see a Fellowship Tourney board similar to the Spire and Adventure boards.

Yes the overall ranking system includes tournament points in its calculations; however, I believe that it would be very interesting to see how one player compares to another on this particular aspect of the game. It will encourage players to hit the top 100 more frequently to obtain tournament points.

how did this get almost instantly go to a Vote ??? @helya
When creating a suggestion, you have the option to include a poll (which I did)

Alram

Flippers just flip
Currently, players who want tourney rank have to tourney every week. An accumulation board would mean that some players could be ranked very high even though they only tourney occasionally.

i8sh

You are very correct. It would also show probably some players who have retired from the game who use to do a lot in the tournaments. This would be a "Con" but is in fact the same problem faced with overall rankings in inactive players

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I've removed the poll from this thread. When you're finished discussing it and ready to vote please @helya me and I'll add it again

My concern with this idea, however, is that it could be rather demoralizing to newer players. A lot of players that have very high Tournament ranking scores have been playing since these rankings came out and before there was a lot of competition. It would be almost impossible to reach the score of any overall top 20 score for a newish player. I think if the idea is forwarded, it would need to have some sort of time range on it, rather than all-time top scores.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
No. This game needs less encouragement of pvp-type activity, not more. Inno makes other games for people who want pvp in their play.

PVP is Player vs Player and means one player against another in some kind of direct compeition. PvPS is Player vs Players and all ranking systems are this. In PVP you want to win against a particular opponent and that can get nasty. PVPS is not PVP and while I can agree that "competition" has to be carefully monitored, a ranking system for tournaments, especially the suggested "last 4 week average" wouldn't, in my opinion be much different than the current tournament ranking system. In addition, the information for such a system is available at elvenstats.com and could be done there too.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
PVP is Player vs Player and means one player against another in some kind of direct compeition. PvPS is Player vs Players and all ranking systems are this. In PVP you want to win against a particular opponent and that can get nasty. PVPS is not PVP and while I can agree that "competition" has to be carefully monitored, a ranking system for tournaments, especially the suggested "last 4 week average" wouldn't, in my opinion be much different than the current tournament ranking system. In addition, the information for such a system is available at elvenstats.com and could be done there too.

AJ

The bonus ranking points given to the top 100 in the tournament each week is PvP. The FA is PvP in the form of group vs group. The new Leagues in the events are PvP. Anything that pushes another player down is PvP or lets another player steal your rewards because they did just a little better is a bad system.

Iyapo1

@Alram I love your idea of a ranking board for FS like we have for spire and fa. Right now players cant find this info in game and it should be there imo.

Anything that pushes another player down is PvP or lets another player steal your rewards because they did just a little better is a bad system.
I am sorry but "steal"? That is a bit of a reach. For me to steal rewards from you they have to be yours.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am sorry but "steal"? That is a bit of a reach. For me to steal rewards from you they have to be yours.

So you have two players in 1st and 2nd place. If those two players have equal time and equal resources, then no, it is not stealing if the 2nd place person moves into 1st by the end of whatever event. But if the 2nd place player has more time and more resources to throw in than the 1st place player, they may as well be stealing the 1st place rewards if they are not moving into 1st because of skill, or even just dumb luck. Or at the least, they are buying 1st place. Why do you think some people complain so much about the FA and the current setup? The Residue badge was added to slow down and balance things, but what happened instead? The top fellowships spend a bunch of money and burn through thousands of diamonds flipping the crafting choices, to make as many Residue as they can. And Inno will never care because they want all these people spending real money, whether that means some of these spenders, not all, are taking the rewards that non or minimal spenders can never win because of them. This game as so much less competitive before the Phoenix event in 2019. It has slowly gotten worse and worse as Inno has gotten greedier, or maybe more desperate, for players' money.

Alram

Flippers just flip
So you have two players in 1st and 2nd place. If those two players have equal time and equal resources, then no, it is not stealing if the 2nd place person moves into 1st by the end of whatever event. But if the 2nd place player has more time and more resources to throw in than the 1st place player, they may as well be stealing the 1st place rewards if they are not moving into 1st because of skill, or even just dumb luck. Or at the least, they are buying 1st place. Why do you think some people complain so much about the FA and the current setup? The Residue badge was added to slow down and balance things, but what happened instead? The top fellowships spend a bunch of money and burn through thousands of diamonds flipping the crafting choices, to make as many Residue as they can. And Inno will never care because they want all these people spending real money, whether that means some of these spenders, not all, are taking the rewards that non or minimal spenders can never win because of them. This game as so much less competitive before the Phoenix event in 2019. It has slowly gotten worse and worse as Inno has gotten greedier, or maybe more desperate, for players' money.
Do you have a problem with Inno making money or people spending their diamonds? Both?
Who is stealing anything? Equal time and resources is an interesting concept.
If you can't be on more than once a day and I can be on three times, did I steal from you? If you spent all your diamonds on artifacts and expansions and I saved mine for the FA, did I steal from you? What if I skipped the expansions and artifacts and FA and spent on the Leagues instead?
What can I spend my own time and money and diamonds on without being accused of stealing?

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

Beneath this point of view is the age-old idea that equality means equality of results. If we are equal, it seems to be saying, we should get equal rewards. And that makes sense. But the variables in performance are so many that it is seldom that we are truly equal. I may have a crisis at home that calls me away from the game for a day or two. Another player may have internet problems. Another credit card problems so he/she can't buy diamonds when needed. And so on and so on. Even experienced players make mistakes. I once sold a lvl 35 armory when I meant to sell a lvl 1 workshop! Ouch!. So yes, equal abilities should result in equal outcomes. But the variations in performance are so many that to insist there be such equality is unrealistic. The best you can do is provide equal opportunities, and that, within the game, is pretty much what Inno does.

As for the credit card purchase of diamonds, that too, is a variable. Some players have big budgets, some of us, not so much...or maybe none? Is that Inno's fault? Should they have a program whereby you submit an application showing your income to be at X and therefore you need to "level the playing field" and receive Y amount of diamonds so you can compete with the big spenders? Or should Inno say to the big spenders, "Hey, you spent more than you are allowed and we have to reduce your diamonds so other players have a fair shot?" The "solutions" are worse than the problem it would seem.

So let's just ask for equality of opportunity and blame life if Junior Big Spender is in the race while we are Senior Fixed Income.

AJ