• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Relics (or Lack of)

BirdWoman

I totally disagree with severely limiting the relics for the specific tournament that is active.
Since the most needed relics for producing magic spells are those with the least provinces, it is awful not to get those relics in the relevant
tournament.
It’s difficult enough to have to count on getting them every nine weeks, but now that’s not happening.
Beginning players have provinces that take far less time and resources than in the latest chapters.
Tournaments that offer very few of the relics the tournament is for is unfair to the advanced players, for whom the “variety” is pretty much useless.

Use the new format only for players in the first 5 chapters, and return it to the tournament relics only for the rest of the players.

Momonar

The new tournament relic distribution should benefit advanced players as they won't have to wait 9 weeks to refill their lowest relic type. Just be minimally active in the tournament every week (say 18 provinces, 4 stars) and that ensures you get some relics of each type every week. For that effort level, you will get a minimum of 20 relics of each type every week.

If you need to maximize relics of a certain type, then when that tourney rolls around, do 6 stars on provinces 1-10, and however many stars you can do on province 19, 28, 37, 46, etc.

BrinDarby

and that ensures you get some relics of each type every week.
unless you have <9 provinces open...
if you have 5 open , your max is 5 different kinds of relics,
not some of everything since it does NOT wraparound.

So if you think early CH players got helped, they got hurt
as much as they got helped.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
unless you have <9 provinces open...
if you have 5 open , your max is 5 different kinds of relics,
not some of everything since it does NOT wraparound.

So if you think early CH players got helped, they got hurt
as much as they got helped.

Of course it wraps around. every 10th province.

And it will help them by encouraging them to move their ass through the chapters faster and further, or at least to the point where they have 10+ of each province open. And then they can slow down again and build up relics.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I totally disagree with severely limiting the relics for the specific tournament that is active.
Since the most needed relics for producing magic spells are those with the least provinces, it is awful not to get those relics in the relevant
tournament.
It’s difficult enough to have to count on getting them every nine weeks, but now that’s not happening.
Beginning players have provinces that take far less time and resources than in the latest chapters.
Tournaments that offer very few of the relics the tournament is for is unfair to the advanced players, for whom the “variety” is pretty much useless.

Use the new format only for players in the first 5 chapters, and return it to the tournament relics only for the rest of the players.

Relics used by each player for crafting differ according to their boosted goods. How much they craft will depend on their playing style.
There is a point in the game where, even in the old tourney set up, you will need more than you can get. Patience is key. Elvenar is a game played with a long view, not short immediate gratification, which just really doesn't happen. I remember clearly being desperate for one type of relic, and having to wait to get it to craft.
If you are speaking about shortages in chapters above 5 or 6...I just finished chapter 11 and am swimming in relics.
If you want more than you are getting, you need to really push yourself in the tourneys. The final relics granted will be of the province the tourney is held in, and will increase the more you do.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

What do you call advanced players?
As a chapter 18 player I can tell you it has been a long time since I gave relics any thought at all. And I craft constantly.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What do you call advanced players?
As a chapter 18 player I can tell you it has been a long time since I gave relics any thought at all. And I craft constantly.

The speed someone moves through the chapters matters more than the actual chapter. My Beta city was around the beginning of chapter 14 when this change started testing on Beta. I got to chapter 14 in 14 months, and because of non-stop CC crafting, I had less than 100 dust relics when the new system started. I am now up around 700 or so. But since the dust relics would not become an Ascended boosted good for me until chapter 20, I was not worried at all about getting permanently above 500 before then. And I do think the new system helped me sustain my dust relic supply at a better rate than the old system did.

BrinDarby

And it will help them by encouraging them to move their ass through the chapters faster and further, or at least to the point where they have 10+ of each province open.
that is elite-ist, degrading to early CH players, and how dare u , me, or Inno
force anyone to play faster, just cause the current system is flaw'd....

Iyapo1

The speed someone moves through the chapters matters more than the actual chapter.
I have no idea what this means. I move slowly through the chapters and craft constantly. I am almost over 1k on all my ascended relics(CC relics) in all my cities chapters 7, 8, and 9. I hit 20 tents to 6 stars every week and no longer even stress about relics because even with my crafting habit my inventory is trending upward.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Iyapo1 Go look him/her up on elventstats. 2800 point tournament average in their chapter 4 city and an 1890 average in both chapter 3 cities, so they have 10+ open provinces for every relic type in at least the chapter 4 city, which means all this is a false argument from them. Trying to complain about only having 4 or 5 provinces, when they have many more, is just a bunch of BS and needs to be called out as misinformation and false advice. I guess it is time to put them on Ignore, like so many other posters here have probably already done.

Killy-

NO , it does not wraparound... if round 1 ends with crystal, then
round 2 should start with scrolls

Some players are already complaining they cannot go all out on the tournament, for the relic type they need, anymore. However they can still focus on the provinces with the relic type of their choice. With your suggestion they would lose this option too.

Iyapo1

I was very sad to see the push week go bye bye. I had to even out and increase my weekly tournament performance to avoid losing out on relics. Pushing only on the tents that have the relics I want would drive me bonkers! But you're right if each star changed then that choice wouldn't be an option.

BrinDarby

What I was pointing out was ...
1) the Devs officially stated something inaccurate and untrue.
2) most of the complaints were from bigger cities and noone
was showing how it failed to help early chapter players too,
hurting them more than it helped......

You claim its a false argument, well had I said " I don't .......... "
instead of what I did say which was " a person with .......", then
you'd be right my CH and or Prov open would negate my comment,
but I did not do that, so your rebuttle is without merit..

1 of the Dev's major goal , and said so , was to help earlier CH
players ........ thats not what occured. Mid-late CH players weren't
happy either..... and made up most of the complaints.

Iyapo1

1 of the Dev's major goal , and said so , was to help earlier CH
players ........ thats not what occured
Early chapter players no longer have to wait 9 weeks for the relics they need to wrap back around. Imo that is very helpful. You pulled one badly phrased line out of the entire announcement and have continued to focus on it, ignoring what was done in favor of how you think it should have been done. The way it was done is helpful. You just like your interpretation better.