• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournaments

DeletedUser1036

Coming in 14th globally my rewards were 9 scrolls relics and 87 Bonus points for score. Not all that great of a pay out then again strategy for the next round will be something to think about.

DeletedUser1016

Yeah, I ranked 10th and got 10 more scrolls [just what I needed after wining a 100 during regular play] & 91 bonus points. I just found out, on another thread, that these bonus points add to my overall rank, which is, I guess, okay? It would be more valuable if I was all built out & couldn't increase my rank by building or upgrading. It's probably a better prize for the folks more advances and who are built out?

.....and a prize of MORE scrolls....REALLY [and I'm not boosted in scrolls...lol]...how about a choice of a rune? Now that would be a prize! Or something other than what you've been getting during regular tournament play? Well, I did get, thru regular tournament play one [1] crystal lighthouse rune & two [2] mountain hall runes...so the play did result in some nice awards once I got to level 3 & 4....and a lot of KP, which is nice.

DeletedUser594

What happened...? I feel like I woke up with the remnants of a party around me unsure of what I did...I love how incredibly vague the announcement was for prizes. There was a rank, and it said I may have won something, along with a treasure box of ...what? I have no idea. Was that my box of scrolls?
During the tournament I jumped up a good 100% in boost which is nice, got a couple of shards etc...
I think some focused effort on a few provinces with an active neighbor will be the way I go in the future...if I can find that neighbor

DeletedUser61

During your first round, unlock as many Tournaments as you can, and the focus on the Tournaments where somebody else shows up.

I have a hunch that we'll see more emphasis on cooperation once the developers get the immigration algorithm untangled. At the moment they're wading through several different approaches, according to Muf-Muf, trying to determine what's actually feasible.

DeletedUser1122

I can't believe I came 465 in rank. I only did lvl 1 x 8 because of the bugs. Neat. Almost 450 players played!! Holy cow what a success. Almost every active player played a tiny amount. Stay tune, this is so good and soo much fun (like visiting a dentist) its going to be mandatory.
I bet the next experiment will involve something to do with building a city, maybe:)
Yeah, I ranked 10th
See, I knew you had a cape.
Thanks for sharing what the rewards were. It is nice to know that placing high isn't worth the troop loss. sure glad you hit the forums in time for tournaments.
have fun
I still got 40 provinces and the fairy AW to do.
To bad my 4 neighbours didn't play much

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1016

I'm not sure if the "immigration algorithm" is going to increase the "neighborhood" participation soon enough....or at all? I've got about 200 provinces discovered, and in my discovered neighborhood I might have, maybe 4~5 active players that are at par with me. Some participated in the tournament, but because of the "poor" release of the update [tournaments], most started late into it. I tried to encourage, whoever would listen to me, via messages, which most of them didn't even know it was released? [!]... There was some interest and I did get to interact with some of my "advanced" playing neighbors, which was great. Afterwards we shared our experience and most were in agreement that it's something we'd do again, but most likely only when our boosted relic is in play. So unless we have identical boosted relics, we probably won't see each other on the tournament field?

I also reached out to a couple of newer players that have been "migrated" into the neighborhood, but they said they were too new and didn't have the resources [goods & troops] to even consider it. That was a bummer to hear because I have a newer-active neighbor right next to me, which would have been a great combination to team on the lower level tournament provinces....oh well.

So, I'm not sure if migrating new players into neighborhoods is the answer to increasing participation in the tournaments?

Also, the suggestion to open up as many tournament provinces as possible is unreasonable, ESPECIALLY, just to check and see if any neighbors are playing! I opened 13 and stopped because even at the first level it was becoming challenging. It's not that I couldn't win, I think the battles are very "doable", but reaching out to "13" provinces, which takes 8 encounters each, is taxing on the troops & resources no matter how you slice it. I had about 9 more provinces that I could have opened up trying to discover if other neighbors were playing, but again, that seems an unreasonable process!!! If the developers want to increase participation, it seems that they should come up with some better method of seeing what neighbors are playing? I mean, why can't my neighbors see me opening up tournaments on our "commonly" discovered world map? Just something to indicate who's playing? ....or not even who's playing, but that someone has opened a province. That might then, entice me to possibly reach out farther?

Well, that's just my two cents...lol

DeletedUser627

I agree @osideglen

"Immigration.."? Apparently it's difficult to work out the glitches - so why are they bothering? There are only 2 real problems with our inactive neighbors, so all they had to do to correct the problems was
1) give us a few measly supplies when we visit our neighbors and
2) attach the tournaments to fellowships rather than to neighborhoods. The tournaments would have been perfect for building fellowship momentum: they could set group goals, and offer rewards to all fellowship members when each level of the goal was reached. There was ZERO need to introduce competitive PvP play, and remain reliant on the broken neighborhoods.​

DeletedUser61

The tournaments would have been perfect for building fellowship momentum: they could set group goals, and offer rewards to all fellowship members when each level of the goal was reached.
That's exactly what they're doing in FoE with Guild Expeditions, which are very similar to Tournaments. Guild Expeditions were also released this week, and the two development teams are undoubtedly comparing notes.

In Elvenar Fellowships rankings are nothing more than the sum of the member scores, so there's nothing to rank. The Fellowships are just a shell with a chatbox, a very simple mail system, extra visiting, and extra trading. While there are certainly a great many possibilities for "better Fellowships," at the moment theere aren't even any rumors about anything better.
GuildExpedition.png
Just as a side note, it does keep the grumbling down when the Guild Leader can beat everybody at their own game.

Last edited by a moderator: