• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tourney Cater Bug

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Game versions:
v1.140.2-(46f8cbf) - html5 (2021-10-28 10:52)
v1.140.2-(46f8cbf) - microsoft (2021-10-28 10:52)
Browser versions:
Google Chrome 95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox 93.0 (64-bit)
Microsoft Store App
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 3840x2160
Humans or Elves: Elf
Reproducibility: 4
Current situation:
After several rounds of manual fighting, clicked catering by mistake. The catered province appears as "Open" even though it's already been completed. If I click to enter that province again, I get a blank screen with a cater button. Closing that out, I see the province listed with "Open" now faded out.
Expected situation:
I complete a province and I'm done with it to move on to next province bc it already takes too long to get through them all without having to backtrack and redo previous province. ;)
Reproduction Steps:
1. Manual fight 1 encounter
2. Cater next encounter
3. Groan loudly
4. Repeat on different browser
5. Repeat in Microsoft Store App

Screenshots: Province #25 is buggy province already catered and completed (as shown by yellow star)
cater bug.jpg

cater bug2.jpg

cater bug3.jpg

crackie

I can't replicate this version of the bug as often as the one listed above, but sometimes I can't advance to the next province unless I click that completed catered province. Ex: Province 25 is catered and I don't see a Province 26 unless I click on Province 25 to do nothing in it. Once I close out Province 25 and pop back out to tourney listing, Province 26 will finally show up.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
thanks, I will see if anyone else can replicate it. I'm not having any luck.

Fayeanne

For me, this bug happens if I cater the very last province that I have available. (I have not yet tested whether it happens if you fight the final province.)

For example, in this image I have catered province 13, which is the highest number I happen to have scouted in this city. I had 2 stars in that particular province; I just catered it so now I have 3.

bug1.jpg

You can see the button still says "Open" but this is what I see if I click it:

bug2.jpg

Also, just as a note, when I catered this particular province, the list of tournament provinces did not re-open itself the way it typically does when catering.

Note: Completing any other tournament province after this bug occurs will correct the list and now I see:

bug3.jpg

crackie

For me, this bug happens if I cater the very last province that I have available. (I have not yet tested whether it happens if you fight the final province.)
I wasn’t able to replicate this on yesterday’s tourney round but I do my provinces backwards after first round. Perhaps that was why, as they were not the last province anymore when going backwards.

crackie

I was able to replicate it on the last province (#27) despite going backwards this round too.
cater bug4.jpg

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
this is probably why I've been struggling to replicate it. I have far more unlocked provinces than I plan to complete. I'll go make a new city and see if I can do it there. I appreciate the update!

crackie

Update: Blank province dialogue box happened on Province #3, which isn't the "last" province. Also was autofighting this time and not catering.
tourney bug.jpg