• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade Goods Imbalances

Certain trade goods seem to be more than a bit out of balance, at least on Winyandor. Silk used to be the one I noticed the most with both neighbors and fellowship members placing trades asking for silk that can be posted for days without being filled. Fellowship members who produce silk take as many trades as they can, but the demand appears to far exceed the supply. This trend is consistent no matter what the tournament of the week is. The imbalance that highlights the direness of the situation is Alloy Shrooms. On most days there are 30 to 40 PAGES of trades asking for Shrooms while searches for trades offering Shrooms might get 2 or 3 results a day, most often there are none. Most days I need to buy from the wholesaler at least twice a day, once using coins and once using supplies, so a bit of the silk shortage can be somewhat offset. The wholesaler is not such a good option for sentient goods though, especially when you consider how precious divine seeds can be. The few trades offering Shrooms that I have found have been for tier 2 sentient goods (ink or obsidian). I have started producing and trading more tier 2 sentient goods than I need simply to have quantities available just in case there are any Shrooms offered. What are some other good strategies to deal with prolonged, extreme shortages of trade goods? I am so discouraged and frustrated that it takes the fun out of playing Elvenar.

mikeledo

I have a million shrooms and take trades mostly from my FS. However, the real issue I find is so many of the trades demand bismuth. I have 1.2 million of those. Some folks offer cross-tier trades which I generally accept unless they are for my boost. They have figured out how to pry away my shrooms. If all you offer is equal bismuth, get a clue. I use silk in the spire and...the spire. I have hoarded 15M of them, but I have 20M scrolls and crystal. I grab them whenever I can and will trade small quantities to the smaller cities in my FS. For me, it is not critical. I have up a panda and gingerbread house which more than maintains my usage.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I notice the imbalance in both my neighborhood and my fellowship on Sinya Arda. The people who are boosted in steel, elixir and crystal can really make a killing in my neck of the woods. Those are the things everyone in the trader is always clamoring for.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One has to wonder if the general shortages of X goods are specific to different servers or just the players noticing them are in areas where shortages have developed. Since the average player is neighbors with a relatively few and only 24 fs members, and about half of the players are either too small to make a difference or inactive, shortages may be just as much a product of luck as anything. Or the devs may have designed each world to be short is some things and not in others. I suspect it's the former only because I can't really think of any reason to short this or that world. And the coding to do so would have to be pretty well thought out as if you short things too much you end up with people just quitting.

Just a thought.

AJ

DeletedUser19458

Regular goods you can't rely on neighbours (unless you're lucky and have good complimenting ones - I'm not). Who gets added and who goes inactive is too random. My neighbourhood is at least 50% coins, but I love it because visits are so simple I'm not interested in moving to get better trade partners. The offset is to properly balance your FS. Ours has had a Dust shortage for some time ... but the last 2 ppl recruited we made sure were a dust boost.

As to sentient goods ... K is similar. I make shrooms and can easily dump them for anything. You look up who is offering Gum or Bismoth and it's just endless pages of 2* star trades.

There will never be a perfectly balanced market place. Users have to adjust to make it 'perfect' for their situation.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Regular goods you can't rely on neighbours (unless you're lucky and have good complimenting ones - I'm not). Who gets added and who goes inactive is too random. My neighbourhood is at least 50% coins, but I love it because visits are so simple I'm not interested in moving to get better trade partners. The offset is to properly balance your FS. Ours has had a Dust shortage for some time ... but the last 2 ppl recruited we made sure were a dust boost.

As to sentient goods ... K is similar. I make shrooms and can easily dump them for anything. You look up who is offering Gum or Bismoth and it's just endless pages of 2* star trades.

There will never be a perfectly balanced market place. Users have to adjust to make it 'perfect' for their situation.
I would love a neighborhood that was half coins. I currently have no coin mines ... but I have TONS of small cities that upgraded their main hall before leaving the game and now you can get nothing from them. Worse, you click and waste time. I think you're wise to stay there.

DeletedUser21570

@Darielle - I do my visits on mobile for just the reason you mention. On PC you can't donate - but on mobile you can still visit those neighbors. Not to mention that mobile visit of neighbors is much, much faster. :)

SunsetDanar

I try to keep what I don't currently need for Tournament play or Spire to a minimum due to decay. I have wonders in place that keeps decay at a minimum but don't know why anyone would need a million of any sentient good. Just color me baffled in that regard...

mikeledo

I try to keep what I don't currently need for Tournament play or Spire to a minimum due to decay. I have wonders in place that keeps decay at a minimum but don't know why anyone would need a million of any sentient good. Just color me baffled in that regard...
Chapter 17 and to supply my FS. My seeds decay faster. I never thought I would need a million freaking orcs either. And then I wished I had 2 million.