• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade log

DeletedUser18062

My FS is mostly small players, I have the highest level by far. For this reason I post smaller trades.

Here are the 2 issues I have:
1. Total number of trades that can be posted
2. Pollution of the log
Meaning I have so many trades executed I can see the neighbors that exchange help with me because they get erased. The log (on mobile) doesn't even show who accepted the trade.

Suggestions:
1. Eliminate the log for trades or separate trade confirmation from the help log.
2. Allow to post bulk trades. If someone wants to trade 100k of something, let them post that in one line and allow people to trade a portion, so if someone wants to accept 5k off that 100k they can and the balance of the trade goes to 95k. This solves the problem of placing so many smaller trades and will help the clutter on the trader (doing another post on that shortly).

DeletedUser18062

suggestion #2 would of course have a button to accept whole trade and one to click to accept partial.
There could also be a choice for the person posting if they would accept partial trades or one shot only...
If you let people set a default quantity to accept, things will remain relatively simple.

DeletedUser18062

That's a pity because it makes the neighbor help very difficult to keep up with. The user has to keep going back to the map to restart the help chain because it got bumped off the list by the trade confirmations... Really counter productive to the point you have to give up on neighbor help.

DeletedUser2768

That's a pity because it makes the neighbor help very difficult to keep up with. The user has to keep going back to the map to restart the help chain because it got bumped off the list by the trade confirmations... Really counter productive to the point you have to give up on neighbor help.

Preach to the choir! We have begged for a separate trade tab so neighbor help doesn't get buried at the very least.

michmarc

Having partial accepts would help things a lot. It means if I want 50k of something, I can just post it without having to worry whether smaller members can digest it, or annoying larger members in having to accept 50 separate 1k trades.

And if partial trades were a thing, the system could aggregate them all together -- if you already have a 5k trade out (for a particular good), posting another 5k trade doesn't make a new entry, it just increases the old entry to 10k. That would help reduce the clutter that people complain about in the trader view.

DeletedUser2870

One of the best suggestions that was made (by Soggy I think) was having the ability to set a rate when you post a trade and let buying players decide how much they want to take.
So if I wanted to get 500.000 wood for instance and my boost is steel I can post 20 offers of 5300 steel for 5000 wood, and 20 offers of 10600 for 10000 and the rest in larger amounts.
But why not let me put up 500.000, set the rate and then have anyone who wants to take some take the amount they want?
That way I don't have to put up a lot of trades and smaller players don't have to look at offers they can't take due to the size.
So it solves 2 problems at once; the number of trades and people not being able to take them due to the size.

But as stated above, there have been sooooo many suggestions to improve on the trading and all have been constantly ignored.