• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

TRADER they up again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6254

Agreed, I hate how it's now listed in quantity vs good. Put it back!! It just doesn't make since this way.

DeletedUser9601

I agree with @Ashrem . If you need something specific, you can use the filters. If you don't need anything specific and you want to just browse, the new system is much better.

azrose

Having to take the extra step to use the filter is bothersome. The change has made it harder to find the goods you need and much harder to see what is available in order to pass through trades to fellowship members. Using the trader has become a scavenger hunt. I had no problem leaving the 1 star trades on the Trader before the change. However, I must admit I now can stop my search for trades when the first one shows up .

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sounds like typical 'I hate when anything changes just because it's been changed' complaints to me. It's really not that big a deal.
Like, how I hated it when my grandparents put in running water in the 60s and I no longer got to carry a bucket outside first thing in the morning to prime the pump and then haul back a few buckets to fill the cistern so someone could do it again after lunch. Oh, wait, I didn't hate that....

qaccy

Having to take the extra step to use the filter is bothersome. The change has made it harder to find the goods you need and much harder to see what is available in order to pass through trades to fellowship members.

These two statements next to each other sound somewhat contradictory. You say using the filter is bothersome, yet even before the sorting was changed you had to click through extra pages to find specific trades if you weren't using the filter. How exactly is it any different now? And using the filter is going to make it simpler in both cases, especially if you have a particularly full trader.

azrose

quaccy - That is is my opinion. I didn't post it to have it dissected. I liked the old system. It made better sense to me. If you noticed the "and" in the second sentence, it is now harder for me to find and string together other peoples offers and match them to FS member offers so there is no net change in my total goods.

Risen Malchiah

The trader was broken several months back, and the order of display was not how it should be. What you see now, is how it was always meant to be and was at some point in time ^.^
Several months? I've played for just over a year and seem to remember it always being in Tier order.
I like that it puts the cwappy trades last.
I liked the old system.
Add a feature to sort it by tier, rating or fellowship and we get the best possible options for everybody. ;)

DeletedUser7370

The trader was broken several months back, and the order of display was not how it should be.
I too will call bovine manure on that statement. In almost a year of playing, I have always observed the trader to have the same sorting method. A year qualifies as something more than 'several months'.

I like the new method. It is is the same as the old method with a few of extra steps. First it moves all the trades that have added fees to the bottom. Second it separates trades by star rating. Third it sorts by quantity of goods being traded. And finally it uses the same old sorting method for the specific goods. I find it to be much easier to use.

DeletedUser188

There was a change to the trader ?
Didn't even notice or care what the order they are in or were in because it doesn't effect game play
I have always used the filters when ever I accept trades for the past 3 years and never noticed the order of trades one way or the other
The order of the trades, the complaints about it, and telling the mods (that are only here trying to help) that they are wrong is trivial at best
All that just doesn't seem important enough to waste any time on

qaccy

quaccy - That is is my opinion. I didn't post it to have it dissected. I liked the old system. It made better sense to me. If you noticed the "and" in the second sentence, it is now harder for me to find and string together other peoples offers and match them to FS member offers so there is no net change in my total goods.

I must admit, I'm not understanding what you're saying (which is most likely my own fault). Could you provide an example of what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.