• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trader Unfair?

How many of you think the Best, then the Good, and then the Worse Offers should be listed in that or

• Total voters

DeletedUser2227

Why are Only the worse Offers listed? Wouldn't it be fair to list the Best, the Good, and the Worse in that order?

I post Good Offers, but never see it listed!! :confused:

DeletedUser2191

There already is a rating system for trades to determine the fairness of them. The number of stars beside the trade is your meter of measurement.

- 1 star for poor trades
- 2 stars for good/ fair trades
- 3 stars for the best trade

Now what is deemed an appropriate trade under this rating system by each player will vary widely, much like people's opinions on other things in life.

While having the trader window open, you can view your own trades under the "My Offers" tab. I think they have kept our offers separate from the general player's base offers to minimise clutter??? (not a game developer or designer)

DeletedUser61

The current sort order is
  1. Feasible Trades
  2. Goods Offered
  3. Goods Required (by value, 3=Excellent, 2=Fair, 1=Poor, 0=Awful) system rating system
  4. Goods Required by tier, for the same ratio
  5. Goods Requested Goods Offered, for the same tier, which again orders them by value
  6. Goods Required by quantity, for the same Goods Offered
You can filter by Fellowship Posted, Goods Offered (which is the same as scrolling), or Goods Required.
It would be convenient to also have a 3-Star only box.

My preferred trading sequence, at least once per day, is intended to keep my inventory balanced, regardless of my current consumption.
  1. Set the Offered Filter if when I'm short on supplies, and am looking for something in particular
  2. Set the Needed to my Overages. If I have way TOO much of something, I'll even buy from undiscovered neighbors
  3. If there's no demand, I'll often post a spread for my Overages
  4. Clear the filter and look for 3 star trades, because arbitrage is profitable
  5. Check the Fellowship Posted filter, and clear everything that you can, without totally messing up your inventory balance
Most people wait until they're short before they worry about trading, and the current sort order is ideal for casual shopping. I would not want the primary sort to be by value. I prefer the current sort order because it allows me to focus on one type of goods at a time, and dig as deep as I wish, depending on how desperate I am.

I post Good Offers, but never see it listed!!
You can't buy your own offers. There's a separate tab for trades that you're offering.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2227

Hi Ludwig, and Thank you. Yes, I should have been more specific about the star rating rather than saying Best Good Worse. :)

My apologies.