• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trading Relics, Instants, and Spells- Also Gifting

• Thread starter DeletedUser9469
  • Start date

DeletedUser9469

I think that implementing a trading feature for these three areas would be a boost to the economics of the game. There was a game that I played for a time (until the developers started making things unreasonably difficult for no reason) where anything that could be obtained or crafted could be sold on the market place. While I don't think this would work for every dynamic of this game- since it is a city building game, I think that for things that take place outside of city building would be great.

There are people who do not like the magical academy because it is big, bulky, and they see no "real value" in creating spells. I, personally, like the production spells and KP spell. I find that I have no use for the culture spell because I have so much culture from event buildings that even if my fellowship never helped with culture, I still would have a 170%. Being able to trade these spells for more of the ones I WANT would be great.

For those who do not like the magical academy, this means they will have a HUGE stockpile of unusable relics. It would be great and would encourage trading for them to be able to trade their unusable relics for ones that have value to them.

There are also people who do not like the instants because they don't produce a lot of value for them. The ones I use the most are the time reduction instants. I have a stockpile of coin and supply instants that I am hording for when I will EVENTUALLY need them. In our fellowship, we have several NEW players who could definitely make use of these. Again, trading would be amazing for these.

It would encourage fellowship participation if we could gift the same to our fellowship members to help them grow better and faster.

To stop from breaking the production trader, or making it unrealistic (hey, let me get some marble and while I am here- I'll take some spells too). A secondary trader could be created that is a magic trader. This would be an OPTIONAL build unlocked when you research the trader (or advanced trader) and would add a little bit of flair to the city build. By making this trader optional, it would allow those who WANT it to have it and would not force those who DO NOT want it to waste space having it.

DeletedUser11644

i think that is a wonderful idea,and this idea receives, my endorsement (if that makes any flipping difference)
and the last line of your sig, the quote from A.L.----it's a hoot! i even laughed out loud! :)

DeletedUser9601

Interesting idea, but I don't see it being implemented. There would be too many ways for the trades to be abused, and the trades undercut the general pacing that Inno enforces.
Consider:
-Advanced player immediately sending enough relics (via lopsided trades) to a new player to get them 700% boosted goods
-"No Academy" Fellowships popping up where players simply trade their un-needed non-boosted relics for boosted relics (because no one cooks spells)
-Players with the Dragon Abbey AW (which gives mana when you cast a spell) more easily stockpiling spells, negating the need for mana buildings.

Spells and relics are (I think) intentionally hard to come by, and intentionally varied, because Inno uses them to pace players. Early players can't get as many relics; later players can, but need a lot more. By making everything tradeable, its harder for Inno to enforce their pacing mechanics.

DeletedUser8946

TONS of trader upgrades have been suggested. None have been implemented or, so far as we can see, seriously considered. Lots of people would want trading for more things. But spells and relics DEFINITELY not, like @Tedious said. But maybe small buildings, and there would have to be a HUGE toll.

DeletedUser12427

You could always cap the number of relic/spell trades allowed in a 24 or 48 hour time period to reduce the possibility of abuse.
Or you could set it up so you could SELL your spells and relics at "market" value, whatever that is at your particular level of the game. You could tie it to your culture points, knowledge points, score, position in the tech tree, or a combination of any of those.

DeletedUser12423

I think that implementing a trading feature for these three areas would be a boost to the economics of the game.
Careful, this could be exploited so badly! Think about this as a feature if it were used for evil!
Interesting idea, but I don't see it being implemented. There would be too many ways for the trades to be abused, and the trades undercut the general pacing that Inno enforces.
Consider:
-Advanced player immediately sending enough relics (via lopsided trades) to a new player to get them 700% boosted goods
-"No Academy" Fellowships popping up where players simply trade their un-needed non-boosted relics for boosted relics (because no one cooks spells)
-Players with the Dragon Abbey AW (which gives mana when you cast a spell) more easily stockpiling spells, negating the need for mana buildings.
Exactly lol

Last edited: