• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Transports...looking for specifics of what can/can't be transported?

Veesviewpoint

Have looked in Forum Search Engine, ElvenGems even Elven Architect. Would like a list if possible of what can/can't be transported (evolving bldgs, etc.) and what negates population count (residences, ex). Can an Armory be transported...would you lose the population? Couldn't find a thread, thanks for any information. vees ;)

Veesviewpoint

Teleport...to clarify...that transports a bldg out of city to storage....
Hey, I want to try and bump this once more. I realize that bldgs are highlighted when you activate the teleport/transport...just have no way to tell if the population remains in the city or goes with the bldg/culture etc. to storag.
(Ex.) When you sell a house, etc...you have a note that warns what you will keep and what you will forfeit in red...
Today, went to transport a residence...no warning/info, and population was deleted from city and moved with the bldg to storage.
So, I had to immediately transfer it back to my city...wasting a transport/teleport...
Wondering if this is something that could be enhanced, so no teleports/transports are wasted?
Thanks again, vees

Dopeykr

Any time you transport anything that provides population, that population is no longer available for use.

Dopeykr

When in doubt always bring up the information on the structure you are thinking of transporting.

Veesviewpoint

Yes, I was specifically considering 1 or more of my Armories, since I am not "feeding" them with tools at the moment, during FA, etc.
I have several of the market bldgs for Mana, plenty of culture elsewhere, less tool/supply consumption...after FA, going to finish up Woodelves...

I thought that a teleport worked on them w/o loss of Population. I just checked, and since it doesn't note "Population", then it should be OK. Those teleports are just awesome to me and didn't want to lose one or set my population back during set up for FA. I really appreciate your information and follow up.
Been following Forum for about 2+ years, learn so much here, guess I am still considered new member since I don't post often.
Anyway...thanks so much for your assistance! V's

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Two things. You lose whatever a building is providing you when you teleport it. Pop from residences goes away, training size from armories goes away, etc. You gain back the pop and culture used by a workshop or factory, etc, when you store it. So if you store one of them and then use up that pop or culture, you will not be able to put the building back out again until you regain that pop and culture.

Gath Of Baal

Things that can not be teleported into your inventory:

1) Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp
2) Magic Academy
3) Trader
4) Main Hall
5) Ancient Wonders
6) Evolving Buildings

Any building you teleport into your inventory you will loose all benefits it provided like population and culture.. If a building used population and culture to make it you will gain those back once its teleported

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Things that can not be teleported into your inventory:

1) Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp
2) Magic Academy
3) Trader
4) Main Hall
5) Ancient Wonders
6) Evolving Buildings

Any building you teleport into your inventory you will loose all benefits it provided like population and culture.. If a building used population and culture to make it you will gain those back once its teleported

7) Any guest race building where there is a limit on how many can be in your city.

Veesviewpoint

Wow, definitely making notes!!! Great information! Thanks so much Dopeykr for getting the information ball rolling...
Enevhar Aldarion, always look forward to your insight....and Gath...hello my Neighbor...You always have the details and
most helpful "lists" and research nuggets!!! Thanks again everyone...very good information!!! vees :cool:

Iyapo1

@Veesviewpoint

You know that lovely little warning you mentioned popping up before you sell a building. Use it to answer your question before you waste a teleport.
Carefully of course!

Edit to add: this would be a great suggestion. Adding the same info window to teleports that you see when selling a building.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Veesviewpoint

You know that lovely little warning you mentioned popping up before you sell a building. Use it to answer your question before you waste a teleport.
Carefully of course!

Edit to add: this would be a great suggestion. Adding the same info window to teleports that you see when selling a building.
good idea. I hate to use the sell icon just to check info. Always afraid my finger will twitch, lol.