• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Turn inactive players into visitable 'Ghost Towns'

DeletedUser198

I have put the following suggestion on the Beta-forum, now I do not wish to 'spam' but since this is a live server I will put it here also... after all: the more likes to implement another system for the 'removal of inactive players' the more attention it will get from the developers ;)

Please feel free to add constructive comments on my suggestion.

I'm NOT complaining btw (after all this game is still in Beta), my suggestion comes from observation. I for one love this game and when I observe something that imho could be done in a better way to encourage more players to stay active in Elvenar, I will speak my mind :D

My Suggestion:
[Summary] - Turn the vacant spaces on the map caused by the removal of inactive players into visitable "ghost towns" with e.g. only a 'spooky' main hall that is available for neighborly help.

[Details] - I guess details are not necessary, since the suggestion is real simple ;)

[Reasons for implementing] - With the current system of completely removing towns of inactive players their active neighbours lose the ability to get the reward of neighborly help of towns they discovered. Imho this is an unfortunate side-effect because due to this:
• active players are put at an extra disadvantage;
• it may be very discouraging for starting players to see lots of waste land.

[Impact on other game features] - Neighborly Help

I hope you will give my suggestion lots of likes and anyone with an improvement on my idea:
Let it be known!

DeletedUser198

I agree this is a plan but at some point they must be remove in order that new players can be added. Unless you left them ghost cities and removed them only as a new player joined. That would keep everyone with income.

bfa

I agree that in time the problem will be solved in some degree...
But even when we as players are optimistic and put the 60/40 rule in advantage of those of the newcomers who will continue playing: then still the active players are put to disadvantage if the 'removed' inactive ones are turned into inaccessible towns.

Also: I do not suggest that inactive players stay on the map, I just propose a different manner for handling their removal from the map.

DeletedUser58

I think (my opinion) we had a large number of inactives because so many started the game at the same time because it was a new game, then quit because they either did not like the game or did not understand the game. So naturally with everyone starting at the same time, more had the 30 day time limit being up at the same time.
Maybe they could let the inactive ghost for so many days then vanish afterwards, hopefully with a new player taking its place.
:)
bfa

DeletedUser

I like this idea. I would propose an addition to it. Once the town is inactive for a long enough period of time, it becomes lootable. I am not proposing to introduce any PVP aspect. One of the things I like about this game so much is that all interaction with other players is mutually beneficial. However, in every game like this there will be inactive players. Making them lootable maintains them as a resource node for the remaining active players.

DeletedUser

You could get the same result by making inactive towns "colonizable". Instead of coming up with new graphics for spooky, run-down buildings, just toggle the province's availability.

After 30 days inactivity, the account is deleted and "PlayerName/TownName" get replaced with "Nobody/Ghost Town". At the same time, the location is treated as unoccupied and available for a new player to set up shop. It would keep all buildings and still allow neighbors to help (maybe change the text/icon to Loot) until claimed by a new neighbor.

You would get a bunch of Ghost Towns after a purge wave, which would then be (theoretically) seamlessly reoccupied by new players taking over. No loss of Help income for active players in the neighborhood.

DeletedUser

How bout instead of ghost town, turn em into bandit camps. You attack them like a regular encounter, their strength would increase with range as an encounter. If you beat them you get some loot, whatever their bonus was is what you capture scaled to your level. Might be planks for a low rank player, and dust for a higher one.

DeletedUser

I love this ghost town idea! After 30 days, the inactive city becomes a ghost town, with dilapidated building replacing the ones that were built, one for one. The ghost town stays in place until a new player comes along to replace the inactive player. The ghost town should still give whatever neighborly help was available while it was active. Plus, if the Main Hall was left in an upgrade state, the upgrade should complete so neighbors can click it for coins.

DeletedUser

This is a great idea. I depend on the coins and now have enough ghost towns that I could complete the 170K coin quest once if this were implemented just on ghost towns. Not to mention all the supplies i'm losing from my wonder.