• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ultimate Grand Prize Math

DeletedUser9414

With 9 days left in the Herd, I have completed the math. Once I finish all the sequential and daily quests I will still need 4,946 sugar beats to get the ultimate grand prize. This does not include the beats I will pick up off the ground. To get the remaining beats, I will need approximately 20,000 diamonds (Please folks check my math). Looking at current cost for diamonds this should total a little more than $100 US. Surely the good folks in charge of marking and such do not expect us to pay such a large sum after already spending all that time and resources.

Let me add that I am pretty new to the game, am I missing something? Do we get some big bonus at the end of the quest chains which would close this gap a bit more of nearly 5k beats?

I really enjoy this game and am not bashing but this seems pretty greedy. I would make the quest chain semi-challenging then require a $20 beat purchase at the end. That is a nice chunk of change when more participate.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
With 9 days left in the Herd, I have completed the math.
I think every event before this one had a sale in the last days where for ~$20 you could buy a pile of "rock candy" pretty much giving you the 3rd prize.
You might want to check what else costs $20 first though, as there may be better non-event buildings. Or nachos and beer.

BTW here is a chart on the odds of getting the 3rd prize with XXXX beets. Just change the word "snowflakes" to beets.
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

Liang Yee

Well, it's always like this. For all the events that I have played since June 2016, we can never get the Final/Ultimate Grand Prize even though we have completed all the quests! It's mathematically impossible! I have just completed all 99 Main Quests in Winyandor and Arendyll, and I'm not even close to the number of sugar beets required to get the Ultimate Grand Prize (UGP).:( In other words, if any player(s) out there who is/are interested to get the UGP, he/she will have to spend real money to get those extra sugar beets (which is something which I will never do). I enjoy playing the event (although I'm not too pleased with some of the quests such as collecting an extremely large sum of coins and supplies) but I'm not going to spend real money on the game :)

DeletedUser7919

It's absolutely insane. I don't know why I keep playing. Boredom kills me, I guess. I think that you should be given a prize/tons of beets just for completing the entire quest. I can't believe you don't get a single thing for completing it. That makes no sense and the daily prize raffle just isn't enough ... especially when so many of the daily prizes expire and become useless after a few days. I enjoy playing, but jeez ... it's so unbalanced and unfair to the player.

DeletedUser9469

It is discouraging to know that the final grand prize is typically a "Pay to Win". However, the game does need money to survive. I have spent some real money on the game because I enjoy the game. Of course, there are benefits to be had by spending real money, but if you enjoy the game, it makes sense to help it survive.

I do agree with @SoggyShorts Nachos and Beer are a better investment of money because at least you know you will be satisfied with what you bought :)

In terms of the dailies with an expiry... I just skipped over those and saved the beets for other prizes. If you chose to get those items that expire, then that was your choice and you can't be upset about it because you decided to get it... You could be upset if the ones with an expiry were winnable everyday and you amassed those instead of the intended prize, however still only slightly.

@burningeden love the quote and pic!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

The Unbeliever

I think every event before this one had a sale in the last days where for ~$20 you could buy a pile of "rock candy" pretty much giving you the 3rd prize.
You might want to check what else costs $20 first though, as there may be better non-event buildings. Or nachos and beer.

BTW here is a chart on the odds of getting the 3rd prize with XXXX beets. Just change the word "snowflakes" to beets.
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html
While you're normally right on the mark most the time Soggy, this time you need to replace 'nachos' with 'cheetos' - a much more savory snack!;)
(because once you have 1, you're toast and you can't stop until that bag is empty!)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Cheetos are yummy too! But they turn my hands and mouth orange.
Chopsticks.
mind blown.jpg

DeletedUser4993

With 9 days left in the Herd, I have completed the math. Once I finish all the sequential and daily quests I will still need 4,946 sugar beats to get the ultimate grand prize. This does not include the beats I will pick up off the ground. To get the remaining beats, I will need approximately 20,000 diamonds (Please folks check my math). Looking at current cost for diamonds this should total a little more than $100 US. Surely the good folks in charge of marking and such do not expect us to pay such a large sum after already spending all that time and resources.

Let me add that I am pretty new to the game, am I missing something? Do we get some big bonus at the end of the quest chains which would close this gap a bit more of nearly 5k beats?

I really enjoy this game and am not bashing but this seems pretty greedy. I would make the quest chain semi-challenging then require a $20 beat purchase at the end. That is a nice chunk of change when more participate.

Actually tho the last one has high pop with lo culture, I really don't want it. Later on it gets very difficult to sell them. If u look at the size of these C + pop buildings, residences are probably better in the long run. I just wanted those nice 2 big Cs, at least they are big for me at this point in the game. Both should be be easy to get. ;)