• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Un scouting

DeletedUser24499

I scouted too many provinces as I did not realise that the advanced scout skill would reduce the enemy troops in a province.
Please could there be an ability to unscout a province after it has been scouted so new players like me can recover from their mistake. Can be the same cost as the original scouting

obeyusa

This would negatively effect your world progress, and also, how would returned kp work? You can't go negative in kp. I think you may have to just bite the bullet on this one.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Maybe you wouldn't get back anything you spent, but instead, just set the province back to "un-scouted" and drop the score accordingly. Not all "cancellations" need to return what you spent.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Pretty sure he's proposing that you have to pay as much to unscout as you did to scout. Not get some back.

obeyusa

Maybe you wouldn't get back anything you spent, but instead, just set the province back to "un-scouted" and drop the score accordingly. Not all "cancellations" need to return what you spent.

AJ
If I could just "unscout" then I can take a province I'm boosted on and just rescout it to infinity. And since scouting difficulty is based on unlocked province and distance why not just rescout an easy one forever? Especially if I've already reached the max provinces needed? Maybe I'm just not grasping this concept.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If I could just "unscout" then I can take a province I'm boosted on and just rescout it to infinity. And since scouting difficulty is based on unlocked province and distance why not just rescout an easy one forever? Especially if I've already reached the max provinces needed? Maybe I'm just not grasping this concept.
You don't get boost relics for scouting, you get them for solving the encounters. You wouldn't be able to unscout it if you've finished the encounters. The OP is hoping that a province he scouted that turns out to be too difficult to fight successfully could be unscouted, then make another attempt at it later.

obeyusa

You don't get boost relics for scouting, you get them for solving the encounters. You wouldn't be able to unscout it if you've finished the encounters. The OP is hoping that a province he scouted that turns out to be too difficult to fight successfully could be unscouted, then make another attempt at it later.
Well I guess I don't understand the point of that then. Why unscout it if you just want to try again later? Just leave it there and come back when you;re prepared, no?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well I guess I don't understand the point of that then. Why unscout it if you just want to try again later? Just leave it there and come back when you;re prepared, no?
The enemies in the province are based on how expensive it was for you to scout it. If you could scout again after getting an advanced scout tech, the encounter is easier. Thee would actually be fewer enemies.

I suspect the savings would not be enough to make it worth paying to scout it twice, but I don't know.

obeyusa

The enemies in the province are based on how expensive it was for you to scout it. If you could scout again after getting an advanced scout tech, the encounter is easier. Thee would actually be fewer enemies.

I suspect the savings would not be enough to make it worth paying to scout it twice, but I don't know.
I've always been very far ahead on scouting, and each time I unlock an advanced scout tech it would significantly reduce the difficulty of the unlocked provinces. I believe advanced scouts will affect any incomplete encounter when unlocked. Would be interesting to have a tech/mod comment on this. If anyone knows one, tag em!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've always been very far ahead on scouting, and each time I unlock an advanced scout tech it would significantly reduce the difficulty of the unlocked provinces. I believe advanced scouts will affect any incomplete encounter when unlocked. Would be interesting to have a tech/mod comment on this. If anyone knows one, tag em!
All information we've received in the past is that once the scout is triggered, nothing changes in the province. However, if you learn a new Squad size tech, the province will be easier to fight, even though it still has the same enemies. The catering cost does not go down, but your armies are larger.

KarlD

I really don't believe in overscouting. You only have one scout, it takes a long time to scout, you want to scout and solve as many provinces as you can as quickly as you can to get more expansions and grow your city. I think you are better off keeping your scout working non-stop. I started out scouting as much as I could, then stopped for a while after talk of overscouting by members of my fs. I eventually regretted the lost time while my scout was idle. Yes, it may cost you more than it could have to solve some provinces, but I think it will end up being worth it because you will have more provinces for tourneying and getting expansions sooner and more neighbors to give help and trade with and even some events require solving provinces. You are doing the right thing scouting like crazy in my opinion.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Each scout takes longer than the last (barring advanced scout techs) so scouting endlessly eventually sets us up for quests where we have to wait several days for a single quest to complete. It is months since I last used every tournament province I have available, so number of tournament provinces is irrelevant to me. I rarely do more than 30-40 for one tournament.

KarlD

Each scout takes longer than the last (barring advanced scout techs) so scouting endlessly eventually sets us up for quests where we have to wait several days for a single quest to complete. It is months since I last used every tournament province I have available, so number of tournament provinces is irrelevant to me. I rarely do more than 30-40 for one tournament.
My advice is really for a relative newby rather than seasoned player who already has as many provinces as you do. But as long as you can still get expansions from solving provinces I think you should scout like crazy. It's never a bad thing to have more space.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My advice is really for a relative newby rather than seasoned player who already has as many provinces as you do. But as long as you can still get expansions from solving provinces I think you should scout like crazy. It's never a bad thing to have more space.
If you are storongly positioned for negotiating, or in a FS that is willing to download goods, that works, but a player who scoutes a lot and tries to fight is set up for serious anger.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I scouted too many provinces as I did not realise that the advanced scout skill would reduce the enemy troops in a province.
Please could there be an ability to unscout a province after it has been scouted so new players like me can recover from their mistake. Can be the same cost as the original scouting
I am at the same point as you. I scouted everything and now I just have a ton of very hard provinces to fight or cater with ridiculously expensive costs. Lesson learned. Then again, nothing learned is ever wasted. Even if it was a hard lesson, it's taught me to be careful in other things, too, before jumping in. I started coming to the forum to lurk and learn, and so overall, it seems that every time I do something stupid, I make up for it by avoiding several other mistakes because of that original blunder. Net gain, in the end. Good luck.

NightshadeCS

For newer players, I agree, there is little downside for scouting non-stop UNTIL you hit the Orc wall. If provinces require Orc Heads and you don't have the ability to produce them yet, you may get stuck.

Pheryll

Set Designer
One of the things against unscouting is that it would be easy to manipulate. Choose a province next to your city (in the first ring) and keep it unscouted. When the time is right to complete a scouting quest then scout and unscout the province as many times as needed. Since the province is in the first ring it will be relatively inexpensive compared to the rest.