• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unable to help

Rocce Sqirl

About once a day I like to go around my world and help (doing it gets me coins, and sometimes supplies if I'm reciprocating someone else's help). But can anyone tell me what is going on when I get to a player's city and there is never anything there to help -- not even on the main hall or builder's hut? If the player repeatedly provides no place to help, should I quit visiting? And, what is going on when I visit some players and this time I can give help but next time I can't? Sometimes a given item can be "polished" and sometimes the same item has no handshake over it.

DeletedUser

If you are unable to buff a building that should be able to be buffed, it's because it's "full"...our buildings have caps on them as to how many times they can receive help. If there is no way to buff the Main Hall, it means that the player has not collected donated coin in a long time. A buff to a cultural building wears off on its own, so after a day or two, you may be able to aid again.

DeletedUser6328

I thought that Main Halls were always available to help, even though it's full for the player? I might be wrong though..

DeletedUser9601

This is why I do my neighborly help on the mobile app. Even if there's no open culture buildings, a full builders hut, and a Main Hall under construction, you can still help (and get your gold).

DeletedUser

This is why I do my neighborly help on the mobile app. Even if there's no open culture buildings, a full builders hut, and a Main Hall under construction, you can still help (and get your gold).

Right, but not everyone is using the app. More motivation to do so, perhaps. :p

DeletedUser9601

Right, but not everyone is using the app. More motivation to do so, perhaps. :p
Agreed. But I only use it for help. I'd recommend everyone do the same. I'd assume (maybe wrongly) that anyone with enough time to play this game on a PC probably has some smartphone capability. But again, big assumption.

DeletedUser

Agreed. But I only use it for help. I'd recommend everyone do the same. I'd assume (maybe wrongly) that anyone with enough time to play this game on a PC probably has some smartphone capability. But again, big assumption.

The app isn't compatible with every phone, so not everybody is able to do it. Plus, some phones don't have the space.

Rocce Sqirl

If you are unable to buff a building that should be able to be buffed, it's because it's "full"...our buildings have caps on them as to how many times they can receive help. If there is no way to buff the Main Hall, it means that the player has not collected donated coin in a long time. A buff to a cultural building wears off on its own, so after a day or two, you may be able to aid again.
Thanks. Big help. Looks like those places that never take help I should just skip if I've looked several times with no joy. The places that sometimes do maybe just need a few more culture items ;), but I shouldn't stop visiting.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
those places that never take help
For the places that never have helping hands: If the main hall is being upgraded when the person quits the game, it will stay that way. Upgrades only complete when you sign back into the game. Builders help is only available for however many builders they have (lvl 1= 1 builder, lvl 2= 2 builders, etc) and after they are helped, it won't come available again until the builder with the boost is used. If there are any culture items on the map, those are generally available about every 8 hours (standard length of culture polish/help). If they have no culture items, there will never be anything to help unless they come back to the game. The game has an automated system for removing(or not) these 'dead' cities, but depending on your location on the world map, it may take a while before you see anything happen. If the 'dead' city is removed/moved to the edges of the map, you'll first see a 'gold mine' city where you just click on the province and collect about half the gold you get for helping in regular cities. Then someone else will move into the neighborhood.

Rocce Sqirl

For the places that never have helping hands: If the main hall is being upgraded when the person quits the game, it will stay that way. Upgrades only complete when you sign back into the game.
That explains that. I'd thought the fact of construction going on meant the player was active. Now I see if it is the same thing always under construction it means he is INactive. Good to know.