• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Undo Button - Undo last action

HJK84

images

DeletedUser15456

Agreed. As a newbie working hard to produce goods, I almost cried when I accidentally deleted a couple of simple trails. I worked hard for those 5 steel, marble and planks. :) I'd have bawled like a baby if I deleted a building. lol

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I did it to a level 24 plank building -- ouch! But, like all things it's a learning experience so now I LOOK at the warning that pops up to see if I am doing something silly. I think the problem is that we get used to seeing what we expect to see and don't really look. Maybe, instead of the same old pop up warning (they look pretty much identical) you could have the building itself pop up in a larger size with a smaller warning and acceptance or cancel button below it. Changing the look of the warning box so that it mirrors the building itself more (rather than just have some writing and a small picture of the building), would make us actually SEE what were were about to do.

Just a thought.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You can't overcome muscle-memory with warnings. People will tune out a giant building with red lights if they have to click it often enough.

The only things I see working is a different confirmation for buildings above level 4 (the highest guest race buildings get) so that we can't get in a rote-pattern of deconstruction, or a lock checkbox on the upgrade tab of buildings after level 4, so that once we lock a building, we can only deconstruct it by first going to its upgrade tab and turning off the lock.

Pheryll

Set Designer
This is a feature that would be really appreciated by anyone who ever accidently deleted a building, and most of the Code is already there.
It would be a nice way to recover from a mistake. Just a thought.

For undoing the deletion of the last building (within a certain time frame) I think makes some sense, so long as the place that it occupies is left unchanged, otherwise this turns into a temporary storage mechanism which the developers do not seem all that keen in implementing.

As far as other possible implementations of undo, I can see this becoming quite exploitable (e.g. I did not get diamonds from my wishing well, undo and collect in a different order; I did not get the daily event building, undo and choose a different chest).

Palavyn

It would be nice if deleting buildings puts them in a trash bin instead. We can permanently delete them from the trash bin. Or pull them back out and place in our city. Having too many buildings in the trash bin could cause penalties, such as not being able to build anything new.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It would be nice if deleting buildings puts them in a trash bin instead. We can permanently delete them from the trash bin. Or pull them back out and place in our city. Having too many buildings in the trash bin could cause penalties, such as not being able to build anything new.

They will never do anything that can act like any kind of storage. The devs have said this over and over during the four-year existence of the game.

NearOK

I too have learned my high-level building deletion lesson the hard way, but I am making a different suggestion.

I have a problem with the automatic deletion of the roads. Due to the pointer offset and sometimes pale green border surrounding hidden spaces, I sometimes miscalculate and delete a road/canal. Unlike the buildings, there is no warning screen, and every level of pathway/avenue is automatically deleted without warning or compensation no matter haw much it cost .

I strongly urge Inno to incorporate a similar warning screen as used for buildings when anything is about to be deleted.

A side note: Why can't we get some reimbursement/compensation for deleted roads , AWs, or culture buildings?

NightshadeCS

I strongly urge Inno to incorporate a similar warning screen as used for buildings when anything is about to be deleted.

Please, god, no!!!!! Please do not add a confirmation box to delete roads. Oh, the mundanity! :eek::confused::eek::confused:

It takes a while to get used to the 3D appearance, having to remember to click on the base of a building rather than the top of it (where something behind it may get deleted). It just takes a little careful consideration. Here are my helpful tips for not deleting by mistake:

~The building being considered for deletion highlights when you hold your mouse over it, so a split second to check that the right one is highlighted, or a little mouse wiggle on and off to confirm, will end that problem for you.
~Move a building you want to delete first, so that it isn't clumped up with a bunch of others that you can't see well.
~Zoom in. Making everything look larger gives you a broader area in which to click for deletion, and minimizes the chances you will be off by a pixel. :D

NearOK

Please, god, no!!!!! Please do not add a confirmation box to delete roads. Oh, the mundanity! :eek::confused::eek::confused:

I no longer have problems with selling/deleting buildings, as I've learned to incorporate all your suggestions into my gameplay.

I was suggesting that there be an indication of all roads prior to deletion ; a silhouette will do.

NightshadeCS

I was suggesting that there be an indication of all roads prior to deletion ; a silhouette will do.

It is quite subtle, due to the small size of road squares, but each one of those also highlights when you have the mouse over them in sell mode. I'm glad you are getting a good feel for it, and I hope you were not offended by my hyperbolic horror. ;);)

NearOK

Yes, I'm aware of the green-bordered box indicating a cursor-selected bkdg/road. My suggestion is to treat the selling of roads by providing an "Are You Sure?" second chance to confirm selling of the road segment, as already used for buildings.

NightshadeCS

Yes, I'm aware of the green-bordered box indicating a cursor-selected bkdg/road. My suggestion is to treat the selling of roads by providing an "Are You Sure?" second chance to confirm selling of the road segment, as already used for buildings.

Yes, that is what I originally thought you were indicating. Simply imagine a nice shantytown built for an event or fellowship adventure with roads running up and down the lanes of my little 1x2 or 2x2 buildings. Then, event finished, I need to delete 20-30 road segments to clear everything out. A confirmation dialogue box for each one would soon NOT be a problem because I would hurl my computer across the room. :D:confused::eek::D:confused: