• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unexpected Crystal tournament results

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3932582

I am running stats on my tournament fighting, and noticed something interesting. As I generally do fixed pattern each tournament (20/20/12/12/12/9), it's easy to compare results across different types. And the amounts of losses (in squads) were very consistent for each stage in the last 3 tournaments, despite different units being used. That is, until the last crystal tournament. Take a look at the last table here:

https://minmaxgame.com/elvenar-woodelves-day-25-77/

So it looks like 1*, 2* and 3* stage total losses are just about the same as the last tournament – slightly less than 100 squads in both cases (so ~95). However, 4*, 5* and 6* rounds are different. This tournament I’ve lost only about 60 squads,while last tournament the losses were above 80 squads. 25% lower losses this time is great, but unexpected. And I indeed noticed that I only had 2, maybe 3 defeats total this time – usually, you get the first couple in round 4*, and 5* and 6* bring several more.

So perhaps Elder Treants are just that good? But why would you get similar losses in 1* to 3* rounds then? This remains a mystery. So if you have any ideas – let me know!

P.S. Planks tournament and Steel tournament before that are consistent in terms of losses across all stages. This is with autofight, UUU deployed, fighting everything except encounters with 3+ counterunits - these are catered. Perhaps 4*+ stages had disproportionate number of those encounters this time, this might also explain higher perceived difficulty by others.

qaccy

I'm always nervous about using Orc Warriors in battles that feature Enchantresses (I'm a human, so they're my Treant equivalent) because I always worry that the battle will end up with the Enchantresses literally running circles around my Orcs and killing them before they ever even get the chance to attack. This is a lot less likely with Paladins or VGs, although they do end up taking more damage from Hellhounds and Cerberus.

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm always nervous about using Orc Warriors in battles that feature Enchantresses (I'm a human, so they're my Treant equivalent) because I always worry that the battle will end up with the Enchantresses literally running circles around my Orcs and killing them before they ever even get the chance to attack. This is a lot less likely with Paladins or VGs, although they do end up taking more damage from Hellhounds and Cerberus.
Um, Orc Warriors are the same for both races - these are Training Ground units. Treants for elves correspond to Paladins for humans (e.g. barracks Heavy Melee) ;) Still, you're right, you don't want to throw any HM units into a bunch of mages (hence why I never fight encounters with 3+ of those).

But this doesn't really explain why something changed in the crystal tournament starting with 4* stage. Or at least it looks that way.