• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unsend Messages

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
OR...you could do what a Major did to me when I typed up a scientific paper for the head of a research institution without properly and carefully reviewing what I had written. -- You could "rip it out of your hands, toss it in the trash, and lecture yourself about re-reading everything you write for tone and content BEFORE you send it!" Usually, I edit my posts here at least once before sending and I can tell you that, in spite of my reputation for lengthy posts, I delete about 1/3 of what I write, not always just because I just didn't say it correctly. Sometimes I actually delete things because, upon review, I know what the reaction might be and it might not be healthy for the conversation. If I were face to face I doubt I'd be so careful and that is why I prefer the written word. The Major was right, if you haven't proofread it for content, context, and compassion, "rip it out" of the computer and don't send it.

Just my advice to everyone.

AJ