• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

UNVEILING THE EAA ~

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
First it was the Sorcerer's Scrolls of Knowledge (SSK) that Helya helped to foster into fruition and now we bring to you the companion portion. What is knowledge on paper by itself, just words.

So to bring life to the SSK we are creating the

Elvenar Addicts Association

A few of you have questioned what is the EAA. There’s your answer …

At times players run into issues in the game that they feel need addressed or changed or simply they do not understand.
Players needlessly stuck, not enough goods, always out of coins or supplies etc .
Sometimes things can be changed and sometimes not. What we can do, is try and make a change ourselves.

Making that change takes knowledge, time, guidance, patience and … YOU !

Would you like to be a part of the Elvenar Addicts Association and become a Mentor?
Being part of the EAA means you will volunteer your time with members on a one-on-one basis and guide them through the processes and challenges of Elvenar. Your knowledge and wisdom and the information contained in the SSK will provide new players and players needing help the chance to grow and expand more comfortably or at least with less angst.

Please keep in mind , this is a start with plenty of room for advancement in the procedure or structures.

The change begins with YOU !!!
How bout becoming a Mentor of the EAA and let’s see what all we can accomplish together !!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol
I have done this in game on many of an occasion. I may help with this, but not this week. However, folks who are stuck can write me in game, on US2 Winyandor or US8 Harandar, and I will still answer.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Let me know when you are ready to sign up @Lelanya I think you’d be a great asset !!!
Muffy just how is this supposed to work? When I mentor new players I like to actually look at their cities; not their cities on the Architect, but go, zoom in see what they are seeing.
EDIT for clarification. When I say I like to look at their cities, I mean that I like to travel there, in browser, and look around. I often spot things, just by doing this one little thing. I, am fortunate, in that I can space smaller cities by eyeballing them; and did so with my own, original two, up to Constructs chapter.

Last edited:

muffy.

@Lelanya , once we get a few mentors , there’s a process we will follow with just a few suggested guidelines

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I'm also curious about this. I'm mostly on mobile and rarely am home to use pc to get on architect but am willing to schedule that in at least once a week the pc time

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
First it was the Sorcerer's Scrolls of Knowledge (SSK) that Helya helped to foster into fruition and now we bring to you the companion portion. What is knowledge on paper by itself, just words.

So to bring life to the SSK we are creating the

Elvenar Addicts Association

A few of you have questioned what is the EAA. There’s your answer …

At times players run into issues in the game that they feel need addressed or changed or simply they do not understand.
Players needlessly stuck, not enough goods, always out of coins or supplies etc .
Sometimes things can be changed and sometimes not. What we can do, is try and make a change ourselves.

Making that change takes knowledge, time, guidance, patience and … YOU !

Would you like to be a part of the Elvenar Addicts Association and become a Mentor?
Being part of the EAA means you will volunteer your time with members on a one-on-one basis and guide them through the processes and challenges of Elvenar. Your knowledge and wisdom and the information contained in the SSK will provide new players and players needing help the chance to grow and expand more comfortably or at least with less angst.

Please keep in mind , this is a start with plenty of room for advancement in the procedure or structures.

The change begins with YOU !!!
How bout becoming a Mentor of the EAA and let’s see what all we can accomplish together !!

We started our mentoring program a couple weeks ago. We have 2 fellowships -- Starship Valiant and Land of Shadows on Khelonar. A player mentors a player in Land of Shadows (but can be from either fs) who is smaller and wants good advice. This, in the long run, means we will have a pool of potiential candidates for our "flagship" Starship Valiant. Hopefully it will make the need to do "cold call" recruiting no longer needed.

Great idea, and count me in -- of course, I'm already mentoring somebody, LOL!

On that note, let me give some potential mentors a thought or two on what it means, for me. First, it means starting early. My protege is in chapter 2. I started by looking at his city and finding the "mistakes." Things like roads not kept up, producing un-boosted goods, and stuff like that. He's working on correcting these things now. I then gave him a lesson about "overscouting." That, to me, is a big one. Finally, we are discussing city arrangement. Since he's more into the beauty of his city than my focus on efficiency, I have to adjust my thinking to his style and work with that. In the end, I'm finding I need to be focused on his vision, not my own, and that's always a challenge.

Just some thoughts.

AJ

muffy.

Thanks AJ !!!!
It can be challenging. Just remember their vision is what’s important. You don’t wanna create a clone , you wanna expand their vision with guidance and instruction . Through that instruction eventually their vision changes and becomes similar to yours . Not the exact same , but a clearer vision of what can be .

Goodluck to you !!! Let me know if you are interested

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Silver Lady … You should find it in the SSK …. Please holler if you aren’t finding what you need

Okay, I am hollering. I can see a link to the forum thread discussing the changes. But to see a screenshot of the tech tree for elves and humans is not something I am seeing. Also the new quest list would be invaluable, as it would help mentors know what type of quests the new players are having.