• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Update version 1.118 Discussion

Aritra

I play most of the time on desktop and haven't had any issues. Over the last several days, I've been having the app crash on my phone (freezing briefing before closing itself). It was only today that it occurred to me that I recently installed the update (version 1.118) and the timeline fits. I play on Android phone OS 10. I just rechecked and both the OS and app are fully updated. This problem is only affecting this single app and is not a problem, per se, but quite annoying. If it is the app/update, surely I'm not the only one so hopefully another update that fixes the problem will be available soon.

[I posted this also in the bug reporting section because I wasn't sure which location was appropriate]

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Several Fellowship options for players who have not yet joined a Fellowship have been reworked and relocated. They can now all easily be accessed through the Fellowship button below the player profile:
  • The "Join" button no longer takes players to the rankings, but instead directly to a list of suggested Fellowships that they could join. Fellowship rankings are also still accessible in a different tab within the same window.
  • Founding a Fellowship is done in the same window, instead of opening a new dialogue.
  • The algorithm for suggested Fellowships has been improved to provide better results.
Perhaps this should be revisited. I only just recently had a chance to view these features since I am taking a break from the game and am not in a fellowship. My cities are all in chapter 15 with very high tournament scores & spire activity (until this week anyway), yet all the suggested fellowships had 1 / 25 members. Not very enticing.

If you want to engage players who are going solo, these two things might need to be addressed:

1. When not in a fellowship, players cannot see the tournament, spire & adventure rankings tabs. Consequently, there is no way for these players to know some of these features exist. I've run into numerous players over the years who didn't know what tournaments were, let alone how to play them, or that it would greatly benefit their ability to participate in events. Let them see those tabs to get them curious. If displaying the roster is a problem for some reason, perhaps the tab could simply state "Create or join a fellowship to view the weekly tournament roster." etc.

2. The banner in the chat window that lists the benefits of joining a fellowship is long outdated. It could mention something about "Access to tournaments & exclusive fellowship-only events."

If the benefits for joining a fellowship are more clearly shown, it could improve player retention.