• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Upgrade Your Golden Abyss!

DeletedUser2926

Has anybody out in Kelonaar built a Golden Abyss?
I'd love to contribute some Knowledge Points to help upgrade it!

DeletedUser3040

I've only managed one shard apiece so far. Wish I could break some of these Sanctuary and Bell Spire shards and speed this process up a bit. It isn't so easy clearing provinces these days.

DeletedUser2926

That's something I've heard a lot from established players. The earlier Wonders seem to make more sense for players, like me, that are newer to the game.

DeletedUser

One of our mages bought diamonds in order to build it. But there is a war with donating the kp to it because he is one of the only ones I have seen in Khelonaar that has them both. Only the top donator receives the Rune as a reward. Timon made a comment in his live discussion "It can't be too easy" Well dang.... it should NOT be impossible!!

DeletedUser43

Trying to build any ancient wonder fills me with dread. I agree with Irishna. I just find them impossible and not in the least bit fun. I have even been spending at least 30 hours a week on the tournaments and getting all those kp and still I can't even fill these things. Not to mention getting runes is next to impossible...unless I want nothing but crystal wonder runes.

DeletedUser3061

I too have built a Golden Abyss on Winyandor. Problem is trying to put KP into it AND into the research tree. I also wish it added to the cliff thing as well.

DeletedUser594

@Sauzo Once you finish the research tree the gaps between new chapter releases give you a big block of time to just funnel Kp into AW's. It takes some time to get there but with the gaps between new chapter releases and Kp's from tournaments it's entirely possible to get to the end in a reasonable amount of time.

DeletedUser2522

Completed level one of the Abyss... Lets just say that IT'S NOT THE MOST POPULAR building in the fellowship!! Players joined in and did an amazing job of donating KP quickly to get the first building upgraded and of course to get the 1st place Rune reward. WHICH WAS A SHARD!!!
That's completely ridiculous, everyone has completely lost interest in the building, all we get are shards!
It's hard enough to get the Runes for this building when you're far along on the map so getting a broken piece as a top reward is just plain thoughtless, nobody even wants to bother with it anymore, what are you guys thinking? Wake UP!!!

UGH Looks like I'm on my own now, getting KP donations will now be like pulling teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

That's funny bcs I'm trying to get one now on Arendyll and Winyandor. One city is finished with faiory rersearch the other about half way through. Both cities need the population boost and coin. The upgrades to the workshops currently cost 1395K at level 19 and the houses are almost 400K per, so even though I am swimming in coin at other times I keep finding myself a bit behind right now. That building is 3x3 correct? I can't find the wiki entry but it must go up several hundred more in population? It's not a bad deal for a 3x3- consider the cost of an equivalent diamond building. The Human culture building the Hallowed Shrine gives 320 pop. and 340 culture and costs 490 diamonds. The elven Goddess of Fertility gives 510 pop and 550 culture for 690 diamonds

DeletedUser61

the gaps between new chapter releases give you a big block of time
As will the gap between current military technology and actually having enough goods/troops to cater/fight for the sectors that are needed to open the chest for the next Chapter

DeletedUser2191

That's funny bcs I'm trying to get one now on Arendyll and Winyandor. One city is finished with faiory rersearch the other about half way through. Both cities need the population boost and coin. The upgrades to the workshops currently cost 1395K at level 19 and the houses are almost 400K per, so even though I am swimming in coin at other times I keep finding myself a bit behind right now. That building is 3x3 correct? I can't find the wiki entry but it must go up several hundred more in population? It's not a bad deal for a 3x3- consider the cost of an equivalent diamond building. The Human culture building the Hallowed Shrine gives 320 pop. and 340 culture and costs 490 diamonds. The elven Goddess of Fertility gives 510 pop and 550 culture for 690 diamonds

Level 1 Golden Abyss - 4.5 hours build time with bonus, 3 x3 grid space, needs a street, 9 runes, 740 marble, 1670 steel, 2800 planks, provides 200 population, produces 5000 coins every 3 hours.

Edit: this is from a human race perspective, don't know if the numbers vary as Elven race.

2nd edit: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/golden-abyss-specs-via-beta.2836/

this a post from bobbipiazza based on there beta server information.

Apologies for multi edits, due to questions arising after initial responses

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1st place Rune reward. WHICH WAS A SHARD!!!

In fact the reward is a RUNE (just to be clear) however the player may have broken it or turned it into a rune shard when trying to place it which yes does happen. Odds go up at getting a placeable one with every donation and completed upgrade level/reward level. Remind your players (fellows) of that and see if donations change. When trying to come up with runes .... every advantage in this game counts.

DeletedUser594

Rune and shard are used interchangeably by designers for some reason- similarly when you go fight on the map you have to fight 8 provinces to win win the whole province.

Anyone know what the abyss goes up to at level 10?

DeletedUser627

As I mentioned in a separate thread, the problem with the Abyss is that, through Level 4 at least, it gives only 1 Rune Shard. Compared to the Elven/Human Wonders, they're giving at least 1 Rune Shard per KP needed.

What could possibly be the rationale for making it so difficult for early players??? It's like, "well, let's make a Wonder that no one contributes to since there's not enough reward to entice them".

DeletedUser627

I copied the Beta information about the Abyss and upgrades here in the Help section

DeletedUser3061

Yes varron, the footprint on Golden Abyss is 3x3. The footprint for the other one, Tome of Secrets is 4x4 and gives 1 KP per day and 500 supplies per scouting. And thanks for the KPs on my Golden Abyss. nice surprise when I logged in today :)

DeletedUser2522

In fact the reward is a RUNE (just to be clear) however the player may have broken it or turned it into a rune shard when trying to place it which yes does happen. Odds go up at getting a placeable one with every donation and completed upgrade level/reward level. Remind your players (fellows) of that and see if donations change. When trying to come up with runes .... every advantage in this game counts.

And how exactly does one break a rune while trying to place it?? And the top 2 player donations were 30 each out of 109.