• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Useless FA badges

Palavyn

Almost every time I log in, I collect an Elvarian Guard badge and a Sack of Coins badge. These are useless at this point since my FS is in the pit. It is a significant annoyance to have to collect these. And now, with the new "feature" of closing the badge window after collecting the first badge(Was this vetted in Beta?), I have to repeatedly re-open it to clear the useless badges. Let me offer two suggestions to deal with this.

A) Once a FS reaches the pit, deactivate all useless badges.

or

B) Make it so the badges are not useless. You could add an option to donate badges for special abilities that enhance game-play. One option could be for every 50 badges you donate you gain an "over-collect" level. For example, if your "over-collect" level is 2, then you can collect enough components to earn 2 badges without anything being wasted. Another ability could allow you to convert Y badges of one type into Z badges of a specified type every X hours. Or convert up to Y badges of one type into random badges every X hours.

DeletedUser25004

suggestions like this come up every fellowship adventure i think, and well its a damn good idea. But so far unchanged.

I think a more simple way they could fix it would be by insetting a direct conversion feature, where any badge can be translatet into 1 FA ranking point. and i dont think it would change anything competition wise, since we all get those extra useless badges.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It would be nice to have a pit that was truly a dumping pit for all badges, not just the same ones over and over. Each badge could be worth one point to keep it simple. Yes, everyone would complain about dumping statues and coin badges for one point each, and the time it takes. Who cares? At least then they'd be worth something and people would learn, (just as they must do now), not to waste so many 2-day badges. (I was actually amazed that one team member just announced late last night that he'd just collected the last of his statues ... and we're already in the pit. Why? Why not change them to necklaces even if they WERE at 30 or even 40 hours in? You save 8 hours of time and no one can tell me they desperately need the extra goods from level one manufactories. Things like that always make me shake my head.)

Yes, everyone would be going for cheap badges, but again, who cares? It would be a level playing field for all. That way nothing would rotate, it would be a continuous dump where people keep putting in all their badges. And the coding would be easier. A dump should be a DUMP! And no one would have to worry then about useless badges. They'd be gone as soon as they were earned.

You could make the different badges worth different amount of points, but you'd have to make the shorter ones worth more per minute than the longer ones. If you didn't, everyone would set to two day badges and forget the FA. I just think it would be simpler at a point a piece. And the dedicated players could stay up all night doing dwarven breweries and reap the rewards. You might even see people visiting neighbors for coin badges. That would be nice for camaraderie's sake. Just my humble opinion.

DeletedUser25004

Yes @Darielle some might speculate in doing all brews instead of actually doing other badges. So either we dont care about this exploit(or if it even is an exploit), or the suggestion should be a direct conversion pit, only for badges useless in the normal pit, then we would have 2 seperate systems and the regular pit would still be equally active as now.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Yes @Darielle some might speculate in doing all brews instead of actually doing other badges. So either we dont care about this exploit(or if it even is an exploit), or the suggestion should be a direct conversion pit, only for badges useless in the normal pit, then we would have 2 seperate systems and the regular pit would still be equally active as now.
That would be better than what we have now. If they can improve the pit, I think a lot of the complaints would quiet down. (Or maybe that's asking too much, lol.) It seems like instead of easier, they've made the pit harder by going from 9 badges per 50 points to 12 (or in that one beta game, 15!)

DeletedUser25004

It was 15 in the last FA too on live, it was a killer. but if its 9, 12 or 15, it is neither better or worse, the ranking wont be affected much i think. its just that the scores might look bigger or smaller. Im taking part in organizing the pit in my group, and man its a killer. im sprouting gray hairs soon!

Palavyn

I think a more simple way they could fix it would be by insetting a direct conversion feature, where any badge can be translatet into 1 FA ranking point. and i dont think it would change anything competition wise, since we all get those extra useless badges.

This would be terrible unless a cap was put on how many badges can be converted in this way into points per X hours. Otherwise, to be competitive, players would have to continuously get badges. Do all neighbor visits and burn coin rains to get sacks of coin, save up your ancient KP and burn through them during FA's, save up your troop cards and burn through them in FA's, save up your time instants and burn them on the barracks during FA's, continuously collect brewery badges, etc.

Any solution should make the game easier, not more tedious.

DeletedUser25004

the ranking gain is not that big though, i would imagine people would stick to the original pit most of the time anyway. 1 badge for 1 point, is a much worse deal than 12 badges for 50 points. but even if people do as you describe, then its not much different from now, just with more badges. @Palavyn

NightshadeCS

I personally think the Guard, Coins, and Wonder badges were added to alleviate some of the complaints with the very early FAs. People were annoyed that they HAD to build extra buildings in order to participate and wanted something they could basically get for free (IE, what they collect all the time anyway).

The side benefits of more neighbor visits and faster wonder leveling far outweigh the annoyance of seeing a green check after I am in the Pit. They gave us something for free, let's not worry overmuch about it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It would be fairly trivial to assign badges a value based on the number of squares to produce it time the number of hours rounded to the nearest 25. so an elven statue is 8x48=385 (375) points while a human statue is 10x48=480 (475) points. Set the floor at about 25 points for a brew, but coin and guard and magic badges somewhere in the middle (200 each?) and then set each round of the pit at 1000 or 1500 points. Require an exact number, so there's still a little teeny bit of planning and let 'er rip.

Last edited: