• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Using more of the badges in fellowship adventures

DeletedUser20007

One of the frustrations I have heard (and felt) at the end of fellowship adventures is all of the badges that don't get used. I know some fellowships plan out exactly what is needed and who is going to make them, but there are far more fellowships out there that like to participate in a slightly less regimented way. At the end of the adventure, there are almost always a pile of badges in certain categories, such as wonders, troops and money, left over. This suggestion is to help with the frustration of unusable badges and the feeling that we have wasted our time making them.

In the bottomless pit, there are currently 3 windows. Window 1 with brewery, treant, and bakers; Window 2 with carpenters, farmers, and toolboxes; and Window 3 with the manufacturing goods. Add a 4th window that just has a badge counter for any badge added, where people could put any leftover badges. As an example, maybe the window needs 30 badges, and when complete, it awards 50 points and switches back to window 1.

It would only be useful in the bottomless pit, so people couldn't complete the chests any easier, and you would still have the other 3 windows, so people couldn't focus on just making easy badges to advance a lot farther in the bottomless pit. It wouldn't give anyone an advantage they don't already have. It would simply be a way for people to use up things they currently have no use for as the adventure closes, without feeling like they wasted their time getting them. I am not sure if the frustration I have heard of "throwing away badges" is universal, but I know it does exist, and this might make those closing moments of the fellowship adventure, for the players who get to the end, a little more enjoyable.

Crow Last Elf

I am not sure if the frustration I have heard of "throwing away badges" is universal

I think it is universal. If a solution can be found for unused badges that increases the social aspect of the FA, I would be very much in favour of that.

I know some are interested in more opportunities to strategize in the game. However, I would enjoy a almost purely social aspect to any added round of the pit. For instance, having the 4th round require 15 badges total of any kind but each person can only contribute 5 to a round and therefore, a minimum of 3 different members are required.

If another round was added, as OP suggested, I would also not want to have the possibility of having the 9 main badges added to the pit during this new round. There is enough missteps in the path portion of the FA, I would like the Pit to be free of the opportunity to see a badge in the Pit that can be used on future round. Finishing because you run out of badges is inevitable. Finishing because player X added badges at the "wrong" time is not the way I would want to finish the FA.

Also, could animation be utilized to spice up the pit, so that there is a visual response to adding badges? If there was a different visual response the faster you complete rounds, that would be enough of a challenge for me. I think fireworks would be nice. Or a geyser that shoots higher and wider the faster you complete rounds.

Even better, if different combinations of players result in unique visual results, I think that would be incredibly social.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I would also not want to add the possibility of having the 9 main badges added to the pit. There is enough missteps in the path portion of the FA, I would like the Pit to be free of the opportunity to see a badge in the Pit that can be used on future round.
I don't think I'm correctly parsing what you are trying to say here. Once the pit opens, there are no future rounds, badges either go in the pit or they don't. There's no reason to stop people from throwing them in the pit.

Crow Last Elf

I don't think I'm correctly parsing what you are trying to say here. Once the pit opens, there are no future rounds, badges either go in the pit or they don't. There's no reason to stop people from throwing them in the pit.

I see the ambiguity with what I wrote, so I edited it, thank you.

I was trying to present the idea that if there is a new, 4th type of round added to the existing three, I would not want the 9 badges that can be utilized in rounds 1 thru 3 to be also used in round 4.

There would be no chance for me to place a Blacksmith in this new 4th round. Blacksmiths would only be used as they are now, with Farmers and Carpenters. And no anxiety that I wasted them if a Blacksmith round comes along and the fs runs out.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Now I get it.

I hope they don't have different types of rounds unless there is a more interesting mechanic than throwing them in a whirlpool.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Seeing the OP has not returned to this thread since making their wishlist, I am not pushing this forward.

Xelenia