• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Vallorian Valor & Grounds of the Orc Strategist

yoBARBZ

I've read quite a few threads on the benefits of Vallorian Valor and Grounds of the Orc Strategist, but honestly a lot of what I've read is a bit over my head, or doesn't seem to answer my question. I'm currently in chapter seven in the elves world and I have one of each building. I have never upgraded them. As it is they are essentially just taking up space. I've read that I can get more buildings to get more guards and orcs, and while that is an option is that really beneficial? How many buildings would I need to see a significant increase in guards and orcs produced? Would the buildings be worth it for the space they take up? Especially if I don't upgrade them (I participate in tournaments but my fellowship never reaches chests that give blueprints and thus no royal restoration)? And are the buildings even worth the royal restoration?

DarkKitty

You should be able to craft new ones to match your level in the Magic Academy and then you can delete the old one and replace it. It will give you a boost to both the troop production and the culture bonus. Whether or not it's worth it depends on how much you use the troops. I get a lot of milage out of having 2 Vallorian Valor but I use those troops a lot in combat.

DeletedUser20539

YoBARBZ, I'm on Chapter 11 and have 4 Vallorian Valor. I'm able to use them solely in the Tournament up through step 8 of each 16 hr round. They are awesome fighters in the early stages. (I have upgraded them with each Chapter) If you don't want to use them in chapter 7, don't delete them. They'll come in handy later on.
Personally, I have not used the Orc Strategists that much. However I finally got an upgrade for them in Research, so that may change.

Gath Of Baal

Most of the stuff on this forum written about Valorian Valor's and Grounds Of The Orc Strategists are outdated in the sense they are not so important to have anymore now that you can que up all 3 of your military production buildings at the same time. Free troops are always nice, but if you are short on space in your city then it is less of a pain to just go without them then it would have been in the past..

I have 26 Valorian Valor's and 24 Grounds Of The Orc Strategists placed with and additional 12 of each in storage and the only reason i have not reduced that or just completely sold them all is because I'm to stubborn and set in my ways after putting forth a lot of effort to get them all and kept them semi current with loads of royal restorations.

yoBARBZ

You should be able to craft new ones to match your level in the Magic Academy and then you can delete the old one and replace it. It will give you a boost to both the troop production and the culture bonus. Whether or not it's worth it depends on how much you use the troops. I get a lot of milage out of having 2 Vallorian Valor but I use those troops a lot in combat.
Thank you! That's one thing I wasn't understanding - that I should craft new ones to match the level I'm on.

yoBARBZ

YoBARBZ, I'm on Chapter 11 and have 4 Vallorian Valor. I'm able to use them solely in the Tournament up through step 8 of each 16 hr round. They are awesome fighters in the early stages. (I have upgraded them with each Chapter) If you don't want to use them in chapter 7, don't delete them. They'll come in handy later on.
Personally, I have not used the Orc Strategists that much. However I finally got an upgrade for them in Research, so that may change.
Thank you! I will stay on the lookout for VV and GOS and plan to get multiple of each.

yoBARBZ

Most of the stuff on this forum written about Valorian Valor's and Grounds Of The Orc Strategists are outdated in the sense they are not so important to have anymore now that you can que up all 3 of your military production buildings at the same time. Free troops are always nice, but if you are short on space in your city then it is less of a pain to just go without them then it would have been in the past..

I have 26 Valorian Valor's and 24 Grounds Of The Orc Strategists placed with and additional 12 of each in storage and the only reason i have not reduced that or just completely sold them all is because I'm to stubborn and set in my ways after putting forth a lot of effort to get them all and kept them semi current with loads of royal restorations.
Wow that's a lot! Yes, space is always an issue in this game lol. I get it, I wouldn't get rid of anything that I invested a lot in either.

yoBARBZ

VV and GotOS , both craftable in MA, cost barely more than a ELP/UUU/MMM and
dont expire in 5 days..... they are so cheap you can craft new ones each CH you get to.
Never ever waste RR spells on them.... They are very valuable to newer players also.
What is ELP, UUU, and MMM?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
What is ELP, UUU, and MMM?
They are 2x2 bldgs available in the crafting recipes. The buildings boost your military units. Those boosts last 5 days from the time they are placed in your city, exactly the amount of time a tournament lasts, but their effect on troops applies to world map encounters and spire encounters as well. Using a bit of strategy for placing them can allow you to use the same bldg for both the tourney and the spire. Ex: Placing buildings on Friday means they will expire the following Wednesday at the same time of day they were placed on Friday. You can then get the benefits for tourney rounds done on Friday and Saturday as well as Spire rounds done on Friday. You get the benefits for the next Spire for any Spire rounds done Sun-Wed and the next week's tourney rounds done Tues and Wed. This means you're only going one day (Thursday) without a troop boost. I make these buildings every time I see them in crafting and place one of each every week. Sometimes I substitute the Dwarven Armory(DA) you can win in the Spire for the UUU. With several of each in inventory now, I'll sometimes place 2 of the same bldgs (or a DA+UUU) since the effects stack for a bigger troop boost. I was very conservative with placing them when they first introduced them in crafting(we didn't have the Spire yet and enemy troops in tourneys were more predictable then as well) and still don't stack more than 2 of the same bldg at a time. That enables me to keep a decent inventory of all of them.
ELR=Enlightened Light Range +50% attack power for all light range units
UUU=Unleashed Unit Upgrade +25% health boost for all troops
MMM=Magnificent Mage Multiplier +50% attack power for all mage units
DA= Dwarven Armory +50% health boost for all troops

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I disagree that they are not as important. I think they are more important because of the massive troop losses in the spire, tourney, and provinces. Anything that makes something for FREE is nothing but a GOOD GOOD GOOD thing.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@yoBARBZ :
Once you have your regular troop buildings (barracks, Training grounds and merc camp) at the maximum level for your chapter and you have enough armories to run those buildings 24/7, then your troop production is effectively capped.
IMO the most important thing that VV &GotOS do is allow you to go past this soft cap on troop production.

So, taking a quick peek at your city, I'm guessing that your full barracks queue lasts about 5h? Assuming you sleep 8h a day that means the barracks is running idle for 3h which is over 12% of the time. It's likely that removing the chapter 4 VV and using those 9 squares to upgrade a couple of armories from 15 to 17 would yield more total troops per day.
That is of course only if this is a OR situation. Obviously, if you can upgrade your armories AND keep the VV your troop count will be higher.

www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc <-----this can help.

Also, using that calculator you can see that replacing an armory with the Dwarven Bulwark wonder should increase your queue to over 8h instantly while also producing troops every 3h.

Last edited:

yoBARBZ

They are 2x2 bldgs available in the crafting recipes. The buildings boost your military units. Those boosts last 5 days from the time they are placed in your city, exactly the amount of time a tournament lasts, but their effect on troops applies to world map encounters and spire encounters as well. Using a bit of strategy for placing them can allow you to use the same bldg for both the tourney and the spire. Ex: Placing buildings on Friday means they will expire the following Wednesday at the same time of day they were placed on Friday. You can then get the benefits for tourney rounds done on Friday and Saturday as well as Spire rounds done on Friday. You get the benefits for the next Spire for any Spire rounds done Sun-Wed and the next week's tourney rounds done Tues and Wed. This means you're only going one day (Thursday) without a troop boost. I make these buildings every time I see them in crafting and place one of each every week. Sometimes I substitute the Dwarven Armory(DA) you can win in the Spire for the UUU. With several of each in inventory now, I'll sometimes place 2 of the same bldgs (or a DA+UUU) since the effects stack for a bigger troop boost. I was very conservative with placing them when they first introduced them in crafting(we didn't have the Spire yet and enemy troops in tourneys were more predictable then as well) and still don't stack more than 2 of the same bldg at a time. That enables me to keep a decent inventory of all of them.
ELR=Enlightened Light Range +50% attack power for all light range units
UUU=Unleashed Unit Upgrade +25% health boost for all troops
MMM=Magnificent Mage Multiplier +50% attack power for all mage units
DA= Dwarven Armory +50% health boost for all troops
Thanks for explaining! So, I had one of those buildings, or something similar that I won in an event, a long time ago and deleted it...::emoji face slap:: I didn't see the point of having a building for only five days, but I also wasn't doing the tournaments or spire. Now that I am they would definitely help. I'll keep a look out for them in the magic academy.

yoBARBZ

@yoBARBZ :
Once you have your regular troop buildings (barracks, Training grounds and merc camp) at the maximum level for your chapter and you have enough armories to run those buildings 24/7, then your troop production is effectively capped.
IMO the most important thing that VV &GotOS do is allow you to go past this soft cap on troop production.

So, taking a quick peek at your city, I'm guessing that your full barracks queue lasts about 5h? Assuming you sleep 8h a day that means the barracks is running idle for 3h which is over 12% of the time. It's likely that removing the chapter 4 VV and using those 9 squares to upgrade a couple of armories from 15 to 17 would yield more total troops per day.
That is of course only if this is a OR situation. Obviously, if you can upgrade your armories AND keep the VV your troop count will be higher.

www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc <-----this can help.

Also, using that calculator you can see that replacing an armory with the Dwarven Bulwark wonder should increase your queue to over 8h instantly while also producing troops every 3h.
Yes, the queue lasts almost five hours. Thanks for the suggestion about deleting the VV. I'm going to do that and I'll upgrade my armories until I run out of sufficient population. What do you think I should do next, and the Martial Monastery AW or upgrade the barracks? I don't have access to Bulwark yet.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't have access to Bulwark yet.
It should have been unlocked last chapter- is it that you don't have enough runes for it yet?
What do you think I should do next, and the Martial Monastery AW or upgrade the barracks?
The MM is pretty great, I'd go for that and not worry too much about upgrading the barracks until you get that queue time up higher than your sleep/work/not logged in time

Clusseau

Agreed, it's not ever likely to be a good idea to upgrade a VV or OS.
Just build more, and delete any that are no longer strong enough to keep.

The choice about how many you want will vary widely among players, and different chapters.
i'll suggest going to your troop inventory- hover on Valorian/Strategist- you'll see a box showing squad size.
Then look at the building to see how long it takes to make a Squad.

For me, if they can do is a squad per day, i'll keep some.
When squad size grows, and their Best drags to 2 days per squad, Im wondering about doing better things with my land.
At 3-4 days per squad, I'd be better off putting in Gum Trees, Moonstone gates, or about any other recent prizes.

yoBARBZ

It should have been unlocked last chapter- is it that you don't have enough runes for it yet?

The MM is pretty great, I'd go for that and not worry too much about upgrading the barracks until you get that queue time up higher than your sleep/work/not logged in time
I need three more runes for Bulwark. Thanks, I'm going to focus on getting the queue time up. I always thought that having a high queue time was a bad thing.