• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

michaelw777

Is there anything harder than Very Hard? I've completed the current last chapter (17) and decided to work toward a particular city. Does it cap at Very Hard but still get progressively harder within that level? I'm finding these doable thanks to the AW's I've been working on.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Very Hard (red) is the hardest. The further you go, the harder they get, so ring 10 for example, will be slightly less difficult than ring 11. (You can see what ring they are in when you click on your scoutable provinces tab.)

The wonders do help immensely, and the 5-day buildings in the Magic Academy do a great deal to help as well. If you're trying to fight "red" provinces, you probably need a couple of 5-day buildings. Good luck.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would think that the difficulty label stops at very hard but the actual ratio of enemy troops vs yours would continue to get worse and worse the further out you got infinitely. Scout times should confirm this.

michaelw777

Very Hard (red) is the hardest. The further you go, the harder they get, so ring 10 for example, will be slightly less difficult than ring 11. (You can see what ring they are in when you click on your scoutable provinces tab.)

The wonders do help immensely, and the 5-day buildings in the Magic Academy do a great deal to help as well. If you're trying to fight "red" provinces, you probably need a couple of 5-day buildings. Good luck.

I thought that might be the case: a ring further out will still be harder than a ring closer in, even if both are labeled Very Hard. I typically do these when I'm running a tourney anyway: feeding the Fire Phoenix and putting out the 3 buff buildings. It had been years since I tried one (or even had to), and was surprised at how easy it turned out to be. Heh. Red isn't scary any more.

michaelw777

I would think that the difficulty label stops at very hard but the actual ratio of enemy troops vs yours would continue to get worse and worse the further out you got infinitely. Scout times should confirm this.
It's what I suspected, but couldn't find anything to confirm this. But I thought it possible that the label Very Hard might also represent a cap in actual difficulty.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I thought that might be the case: a ring further out will still be harder than a ring closer in, even if both are labeled Very Hard. I typically do these when I'm running a tourney anyway: feeding the Fire Phoenix and putting out the 3 buff buildings. It had been years since I tried one (or even had to), and was surprised at how easy it turned out to be. Heh. Red isn't scary any more.
Yeah, with enough buffs, anything is doable. :)