• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

vitality surge

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
A Vitality Surge is used to heal troops. I tend to use mine in multiple battle waves in the Spire to ensure that my troops are strong enough to continue. Lately we have been seeing a stronger mix of 3 troop types in the Spire. For example, I recently had a set:
3 mage 1 light range 1 heavy range
2 mage 2 light range 1 heavy range
1 mage 2 light range 2 heavy range

So. What to bring? Dogs? Orc Strats? Both? Hmm now that's automatically a manual fight, can't use the phone, and someone is going to get savaged before they can even move. If a city is set up for fighting it can't always cater most of the Spire especially when mired anywhere from late Chapter 14 into Chapter 16.

Zoof

how and when to use a vitality surge
Vitality surges are used to heal troops after getting beaten up in battle. Before their introduction, if you wanted to do the same thing, you would've needed to spend diamonds. Now, you got a new button below it.

1660919531615.png

Clicking the button that corresponds to which squad you want to revive brings up a window asking which vitality surge spell you want to use.

1660919582641.png

As for the "when", you'd do it when you really need those troops alive rather than dead, such as in between waves in a multi-wave battle as is the case in most of the possible encounters in Spire. And for that unasked question, that feature also works on completely dead stacks, so long as you do the revival right then and there.

Gkyr

Chef
@Lelanya Agree it is a manual fight.
I would use 4 HM to do a job on the L and H range. I would put in one Archer* to keep the mage-caused HM damage down in the first round, and possibly into the second round. And of course I would pay attention to the initial lineup. Yes, Vitality Surge might counteract the initial damage done by the 3 wise men.
You are right this would be an oral vacuum, impossible to do properly on mobile and it would have to wait until one returned home to the laptop.
Excuse me for being off topic.
*Dog might work.

Last edited:

cookiehoch

Vitality surges are used to heal troops after getting beaten up in battle. Before their introduction, if you wanted to do the same thing, you would've needed to spend diamonds. Now, you got a new button below it.

View attachment 13448

Clicking the button that corresponds to which squad you want to revive brings up a window asking which vitality surge spell you want to use.

View attachment 13449

As for the "when", you'd do it when you really need those troops alive rather than dead, such as in between waves in a multi-wave battle as is the case in most of the possible encounters in Spire. And for that unasked question, that feature also works on completely dead stacks, so long as you do the revival right then and there.
Diagram was extremely helpful. Thanks.