• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Vortex of Storage

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How useful is this AW going to be doing chapters 16, 17, 18, and 19? Whenever possible I use a lot of Portal Profits to move through chapters. I paused for a few months after finishing ch 15. I'm now a few weeks into ch 16. So far I haven't gotten to any tech advances that I can actually use PPs to get. But looking at the tech tree, there are some in the back half of the chapter. However I have a fair amount of PPs saved up so I am not sure if I really need the extra portal capacity to enhance my PP spells. Plus I top the spire weekly, so I constantly win more PPs. And I already have Timewarp and Simia to help with sentient goods, so I am not sure if I really need the sentient good bonus of this AW either. I guess what I am really asking is: 1. How much of the end game chapters can you PP through? and 2. How insane is the demand for sentient goods in them?

Yogi Dave

I built it but found out that it didn't have value since I have so very many PPs. As for the other aspect, My SimSap level 31, so my S goods decay rate is 2%. Although I started building it for the free troops, the S good decay rate is awesome. Instead of having my goods decay to 1/2 in 7 days, it takes 34. Timewarp went the same way with me. Started it due to reduced time in tourney, continued it for that and boost to S goods production.

Given that you have plenty of PPs, I'd say it isn't needed. It seems like chapter 16 PPs didn't help much.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Vortex can increase the capped goods amount enough in some chapters that you can complete some research with a lower level portal than normally possible, though it still won't let you avoid making any portal level 4.

Yogi Dave

The Vortex can increase the capped goods amount enough in some chapters that you can complete some research with a lower level portal than normally possible, though it still won't let you avoid making any portal level 4.
Can you give an example of this including what level the AW would have to be for this to work? Since it's only available for use after chapter 15, there are only 3 chapters so far it could have affected.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Can you give an example of this including what level the AW would have to be for this to work? Since it's only available for use after chapter 15, there are only 3 chapters so far it could have affected.
My portal in ch 16 is currently level 3. Haven't gotten the tech yet to max it. It holds 5000 Statutes currently. When upgraded to L4 it would hold 7500. I just looked up the Vortex of Storage on Elvenarchitect. According to EA, a level 30 Vortex would increase portal capacity by 50%. But given how many other important AWs I can still level up, I think I'll just upgrade my portal. ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My portal in ch 16 is currently level 3. Haven't gotten the tech yet to max it. It holds 5000 Statutes currently. When upgraded to L4 it would hold 7500. I just looked up the Vortex of Storage on Elvenarchitect. According to EA, a level 30 Vortex would increase portal capacity by 50%. But given how many other important AWs I can still level up, I think I'll just upgrade my portal. ;)
I'm in just about the same spot you are on the tech tree, Henroo, so I can understand the dilemma. I've avoided building the vortex. Just doesn't seem worth it to me. But if you change your mind, let me know your reasoning. I'm still on a fence about it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm in just about the same spot you are on the tech tree, Henroo, so I can understand the dilemma. I've avoided building the vortex. Just doesn't seem worth it to me. But if you change your mind, let me know your reasoning. I'm still on a fence about it.
Honestly to me it is not so much the space it would occupy, it is the cost of leveling it. I moved through the game extremely fast and as a result many of my lower level AWs such as MM/Sanctuary, Needles, Dwarven Bulwark, and Flying Academy are not leveled as high as they could be. A side effect of rapid progress through the chapters is that you don't have as much time to level AWs. After further consideration, I think I'd be better off not building Vortex and instead focusing on further leveling the AWs I already have. If I'd moved through the game at a slower pace and my other AWs were at higher levels than what they currently are, my decision might be different.