• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

VPN

MasterDeeva

I have been playing this game for three years and this has never happened. I was playing this morning and then put it down for an hour. When I went back to my game, it would not load. I kept getting a message saying.” there is something missing. Please check your Internet connection.” This was on my iPad. I went to my iPhone, and had the same problem. Then I went to my PC and tried to load the game in edge, chrome, and Firefox. It would not load anywhere. I restarted my modem and router. I even deleted my network settings on my iPad and restarted it. somewhere on the Internet, I saw someone mention using VPN. I started up my VPN and then the game would load. I haven’t had to use my VPN for the game for three years and I don’t really want to have to start using it. I want to find out why I cannot play the game without VPN. Do you have any clue what the problem is and how I can fix this so I don’t have to use VPN? Thank you.​

Zoof

I have been playing this game for three years and this has never happened. I was playing this morning and then put it down for an hour. When I went back to my game, it would not load. I kept getting a message saying.” there is something missing. Please check your Internet connection.” This was on my iPad. I went to my iPhone, and had the same problem. Then I went to my PC and tried to load the game in edge, chrome, and Firefox. It would not load anywhere. I restarted my modem and router. I even deleted my network settings on my iPad and restarted it. somewhere on the Internet, I saw someone mention using VPN. I started up my VPN and then the game would load. I haven’t had to use my VPN for the game for three years and I don’t really want to have to start using it. I want to find out why I cannot play the game without VPN. Do you have any clue what the problem is and how I can fix this so I don’t have to use VPN? Thank you.​

Probably a bad route. In that case, this isn't a problem you can fix since this is (probably) a problem with the rest of the internet between your ISP and the ISP of whoever serves this game. VPNs get around that by forcing a different route since the route you're using is to your VPN, not to the game. The VPN will hopefully have a route to the game that is different than the one you have/had to it.

Your fix is to simply wait. The problem will usually fix itself eventually.

If the problem hasn't been resolved by the time you read this, now's an opportunity to learn more about routing by checking to see what server between you and the game is goofing it up

Last edited:

defiantoneks

Do you have any clue what the problem is and how I can fix this so I don’t have to use VPN?
well, if it was an office setting i would suggest that a firewall could be at fault.
in a home setting, i might guess (total guess) that some virus protection could be interfering.
or, it could be that if you have an older router, it's just not accepting updated protocols.

those are my fairly limited thoughts. maybe someone with more technical prowess can assist.

MasterDeeva

Probably a bad route. In that case, this isn't a problem you can fix since this is (probably) a problem with the rest of the internet between your ISP and the ISP of whoever serves this game. VPNs get around that by forcing a different route since the route you're using is to your VPN, not to the game. The VPN will hopefully have a route to the game that is different than the one you have/had to it.

Your fix is to simply wait. The problem will usually fix itself eventually.

If the problem hasn't been resolved by the time you read this, now's an opportunity to learn more about routing by checking to see what server between you and the game is goofing it up
Thanks I decided to wait it out. Tech-support told me to do a restore on all three of my devices!! Who in their right mind would do that?

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Did you do a system restore to a known good date when it was working ?

MasterDeeva

does iOS even offer such a thing?
aside from the fact that i would never do a system change because one site wasnt communicating correctly, and all others were.
Did you do a system restore to a known good date when it was working ?
Absolutely not. There was no reason in the world to do a system restore on three different computers where everything is working except Elvenar but Elvenar was working if I ran VPN which points to a network problem. the next morning everything worked fine. it was the DNS which was corrected when Comcast did overnight maintenance.
If tech-support ever tells you to do a system restore as the first thing to correct almost any problem, it’s because they don’t know what is wrong and they don’t wanna deal with finding the real problem.

defiantoneks

If tech-support ever tells you to do a system restore as the first thing to correct almost any problem, it’s because they don’t know what is wrong and they don’t wanna deal with finding the real problem.
i find almost all tech support answers to be like this. scripted answers that push the problem off on the user's device or methods rather than actually determine a root cause. delay tactics. by the time you get them to pay attention you've destroyed everything of use on your device anyway by following their "instruction".

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
i find almost all tech support answers to be like this. scripted answers that push the problem off on the user's device or methods rather than actually determine a root cause. delay tactics. by the time you get them to pay attention you've destroyed everything of use on your device anyway by following their "instruction".
I would chalk this up to support is manned by unpaid volunteers that may or may not know how VPNs can optionally fit into the Elvenar equation. If it were scripted, you’d be told to clear your cache. :D

sammyt412

this happen to me the juy come change a setting i ask him today he said he change it to another country it works well now

defiantoneks

I would chalk this up to support is manned by unpaid volunteers that may or may not know how VPNs can optionally fit into the Elvenar equation. If it were scripted, you’d be told to clear your cache. :D
i'm sorry, i wasn't clear. i meant tech support in general. not a stab at Inno/Elvenar.

Katwick

Cartographer
I've worked in a help desk. Sometimes it IS the Nut behind the Wheel, or the Head on the Driver.

The most baffling/interesting problem I've seen was that a particular Computer HATED one of the Managers. Nobody else ever had a problem, but when he tried to use the computer it would usually crash within five minutes.

It turned out that he was longer legged than most, and when he relaxed and slouched down a bit, his feet were bumping the equipment on the floor, under the table.

Last edited: