• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Warden for Inactives

Implement a way to automatically remove inactives, in a fair and just way.

• Total voters

HJK84

I'm not 100% sure how the game removes inactive cities.

Since my arrival, I've seen a few cities around me get removed and replaced 3 or 4 times.
But, none of those cities were anything big, probably just a 1 time player who came in and then decided to leave.

There are many other cities, since my arrival, that are much bigger and inactive. These cities have yet to be replaced.

My suggestion which is somewhat tied to my other thread, "Timer/Time Spent in Game/Etc" if we can track the time spent of a person in their city, once/if that player goes inactive for X amount of time, the game would automatically remove the city, depending on their time spent active.

There could be a minimum, like months? Then add the time spent active to the min. months, cause real life happens... And of course a automatic email should be sent to inform them of imminent removal of their city in Elvenar, unless a login into their city. with a link, account name, etc.

Title says Warden, cause, I believe this whole thing can be done automatically, without the community having to notify Inno of inactive cities.

I'm not mad or anything, this is purely a smart idea, for many different reasons.

Once again, opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

-Thanks, James :)

DeletedUser

without the community having to notify Inno of inactive cities.

The community doesn't have to notify Inno, because there is already a mechanism that removes inactive cities. A city has to meet certain criteria to be removed. They already send out emails inquiring "where are you, So and So?" and "The magic is fading from your city" and things of that sort to remind you that you still have a city.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Inno has to balance the needs of various players. Active players need cities around them that are active, but if someone just likes to play for a while on their summer break or at Christmas, if Inno keeps deleting their city they won't come back.

The current formula is that if an an account has remaining purchased diamonds over a certain level, it is protected (because Inno has a financial obligation to them. If it has alternate cities that are just started, they don't delete any of them. Any city that has reached chapter 4 is also protected, because forcing people to redo the first three chapters because they were away fro a month is going to discourage them from returning.

I could be part of your problem. There are several cities where i logged in by accident, or to look at something, and because I always have a diamond balance, those cities are never going away. I'm playing every day, but never playing those alternate cities.

I don't think there's any safe and fair way to delete all the cities that need to be gone. What the game would benefit greatly from is a way to shunt inactive cities away from the center of the map, while moving active ones closer.

I've suggested before that if position on the map was part of the game, with your city always moving either closer to the center or further from the center depending on your activity levels, and your ranking score gaining a component based on how close you are to the center, then over a relatively short time, all the most active people would be concentrated "near" the center, with all the inactive cities relegated to a wasteland around the outside of the map. That doesn't have to be an absolute. It could be 100 rings that are occupied by people who logged in 5+times last week, then another dozen rings occupied by people who logged in at least twice, then another cozen rings occupied by people who logged in at least once, etc. Around the edge would be cities that haven't logged in for more than six months. As soon as someone who's been gone for a long time logs in, their city is flagged to move inward, and within a week they are back in relatively busy territory.

HJK84

Thanks for the insight I was lacking :)

I know it's a hard subject/issue to deal with, I'm just thinking of different ways to help the situation.
Learning as I go. It's not like it's a game ending scenario.
Although, as many have stated, Inno wants us to join FS' and work together, having numerous inactives hurts this goal.