• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Weekly Local News Update

Communication: Weekly Local News Update Implementation

• IN FAVOR

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • NO IN FAVOR

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser11764

If it went through, I would love it if there was a way to opt out of the notification. I tend not to talk to people except a few close ones and they have usually approached me first - yes, I'm and introvert.

I get annoyed whenever that little red 1 comes on for notifications of news. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

tesstee

as where i am in favor of this i am also wondering on the size such a update will have on the mobile devices so many of us utilize in all or in part to play elvenar.
I play on my lap top computer but my tablet i do use to play from time to time is getting on in years and Tech but still functions well enough for my use though with each time the game updates on it it uses more space and resources to play and wonder how much more game it can handle, i'm sure i cannot be the only one with a older mobile device with these concerns.

DeletedUser2768

I REALLY Like this idea! @Xelenia, what if it were proposed to the developers in stages so it's not quite so massive an undertaking. Like how things are being introduced to mobile in stages.

Stage 1: Players moved in/out
Stage 2: Players who entered a new guest race chapter
Stage 3: Badges and rankings

Or, whatever order would be easiest to hardest to code. I REALLY like the idea of knowing when I get new neighbors. I'm rather oblivious most of the time, and this would spur me on to be a little more interactive with my neighbors than I am.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I REALLY Like this idea! @Xelenia, what if it were proposed to the developers in stages so it's not quite so massive an undertaking. Like how things are being introduced to mobile in stages.

Stage 1: Players moved in/out
Stage 2: Players who entered a new guest race chapter
Stage 3: Badges and rankings

Or, whatever order would be easiest to hardest to code. I REALLY like the idea of knowing when I get new neighbors. I'm rather oblivious most of the time, and this would spur me on to be a little more interactive with my neighbors than I am.

It is already in voting stage, the initial post will not be updated :(

DeletedUser2768

It is already in voting stage, the initial post will not be updated :(

No worries. Just trying to come up with an idea that would make it more palatable for the devs in the hopes they approve and implement it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, the #1 PRO I can see is player retention. Feeling part of a community is the reason I spend more time than I should on this game. The more time you spend playing, the better the chances are that you will spend money, I should think (on average...the exceptions prove the rule!).

Byproduct PRO: new people that receive a lot of aid may be able to count also on increased KP donations to their AWs. If I was notified that player X had just gotten into Woodelves, I may stop by to see if they had built one of their new AWs and drop some KP in to help (and receive rewards on those quick upgrades). Player X may then place more AWs since they get so much friendly help, which are big space-eaters (even though valuable), and then may need to buy diamonds for expansions.

: )
Excellent point.

neeronie

my eyes are blurry from playing too much so I can't see the details, but if Ashrem came up with the idea, it must be worth a YES
Actually the interaction between players within the Fellowship and on the your map who you have traded goods and KP with does make the game more enjoyable.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello @Ashrem

These particular suggestions has been forwarded several times to the development team, but unfortunately no feedback still. I will give this one last push and if no feedback, I will have to, unfortunately, archive the concept.

Xelenia