• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Weird idea, but would this work ?

Shyama1

Hi all :)
Its around 2 months and a half I'm playing Elvenar, and I really enjoy it.
I've been reading quite a lot on the forum, but this is my first post.

I am planning to do something a bit unusual and I would like your advice to know if it will work and to make sure it will not screw up my game.

I finished Dwarves Chapter recently, and I am now in Fairies Chapter (I have passed the Fairies entry quest "Advanced Scouts"), but I still have the Dwarves Portal, and the Granite mines and Copper foundries.

During the Dwarves Chapter I have changed all my streets for Dwarves streets. But I don't want to change streets every Chapter, I plan to keep Dwarves street for a few Chapters.

But as my City will grow, I will need more Dwarves streets (I don't want to mix different sort of streets, that would look ugly).
So in order to be able to get Dwarves street during the next chapters, my idea is to fill my Dwarves portal with enough Granite and Copper, and then keep it somewhere but disconnected from any street. And between 2 Chapters, when there is no other Portal installed, I could just reconnect my Dwarves Portal to a street and produces the Dwarven streets I need.

Do you think that would work, and could not screw up my game ?

Thanks in advance for your kind answers

DeletedUser9601

You don't even need to do that. If you build copper/granite, but delete your portal, you retain that copper/granite.
Once you go into Fairies, you won't see how much copper/granite you have stored up, but it will still be there. So if you build all of your streets, then fill up your portal with max copper/granite, you should be fine.

I'm not sure if its the best idea to keep Dwarf streets in Woodelves/onward, but if you have lots of culture from elsewhere, sure.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The is a main-line quest to sell your dwarven portal, so it will block up at that point until you do get rid of it. If you are igrnoring the main line quests, that doesn't really matter. Other than that, it won't screw up your game.

Aside: if your portal is well stocked, it doesn't matter if you connect it to the roads or not, you can still build roads from the inventory, even after the portal is gone, you can still use the goods that were already stored, you just don't know how many you have, and can't make more unless there's a live portal.

Aside 2: As long as you keep the fairy roads in a separate area from the dwarven roads, they don't look that bad together. I just finally replaced my last Dwarven roads in Orcs, and have lots of fairy roads as well. But I am less concerned about the road esthetics, so don't worry about mixing them on the same strip.

Last edited:

Shyama1

Woah, didn't know I would keep the goods if I delete the portal.. that's great and saves me 5x5 space !
Thanks a lot Tedious and Ashrem for your answers :) much appreciated !

DeletedUser9601

Aside 2: As long as you keep the fairy roads in a separate area from the dwarven roads, they don't look that bad together. I just finally replaced my last Dwarven roads in Orcs, and have lots of fairy roads as well. But I am less concerned about the road esthetics, so don't worry about mixing them on the same strip.
Another aside about aesthetics. I'm finding that I can't even see the roads near most of my buildings, especially residences and workshops. So you can always build the latest guest race roads on stretches that will be "hidden" by the taller buildings.

Shyama1

Another aside about aesthetics. I'm finding that I can't even see the roads near most of my buildings, especially residences and workshops. So you can always build the latest guest race roads on stretches that will be "hidden" by the taller buildings.
This is a smart idea. Thanks Tedious :)