• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Buildings Are Worth Royal Restorations?

Lemon Wren

I feel like I have too many older buildings in my primary city, but for one reason or another I prefer many of them to newer stuff I've earned. Either the size works well or, more usually, I prefer the aesthetics.* So some of them I've kept leveled with RR's, but others I'm not so sure.

What do you use your RR's for and how do you determine what's a good investment?

*The one big exception is the hideous Crab Hotel Deluxe, which provided a lot of needed population so I placed it, but I hate how it looks, lol. Can hardly wait to get rid of that one!

StarLoad

I use them on any bldg I want to keep and don't have a viable way to replace like Evolving bldgs, and unique ones. If I can craft a newer version then I don't waste the RR, If the next event has some repeated bldgs I try to win and replace my older ones.
I also use them to satisfy the upgrade a bldg to level 5 or higher to update the single square bldgs like the mana tree.

Ed

Edited to add: Really it comes down to personal preference and how long you have been in-game, longer-term players may have more options when it comes to replacing bldgs with something better, I still have some ch 4-5 bldgs in my inventory that I just hold on to

Grid Gypsy

I upgraded the Witch's Hut when I hit Orcs because it gives a really nice number of them. When I hit Woodelves I upgraded a couple of buildings that give good mana. For the most part, I compare what it gives currently to what it would give if I upgraded it and decide which is the most advantageous. I rarely upgrade for pop and culture though because there's always something new in the works for events.

StarLoad

One other way to look at usage is the value from using the RR spells, I have a Pond of Autumn that makes seeds and is 2x2 so 4 RR to upgrade to ch 16, but when I look at the upgrade the amount of increase it is 41 per hour to 42 per hour or about 30 seeds per day. IMO that is a waste of RR

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I, like ed1960, use them exclusively on buildings I can't craft but want to upgrade. I have a lot of Festival Merchants (17) and Orc Nests (23). If I tried to upgrade those with RR spells it's unlikely I could keep up. So I craft and replace those instead. On the other hand, I upgrade my evolving buildings (10) every chapter with RR spells because I find keeping everything up to date just makes my city more productive. Other buildings, especially those the produce seeds) I upgrade with RR spells as much as possible as fast as possible because I need seeds all the time.

I guess, what I'm saying is: ed1960 is right. RR spells should be used on buildings you can't replace by crafting.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I feel like I have too many older buildings in my primary city, but for one reason or another I prefer many of them to newer stuff I've earned. Either the size works well or, more usually, I prefer the aesthetics.* So some of them I've kept leveled with RR's, but others I'm not so sure.

What do you use your RR's for and how do you determine what's a good investment?

*The one big exception is the hideous Crab Hotel Deluxe, which provided a lot of needed population so I placed it, but I hate how it looks, lol. Can hardly wait to get rid of that one!
I've got 6 crab hotels in my city, lol, and I love the pop, but yeah, it will be nice someday when something better comes along. Can't sneeze at 8K pop though, so they'll be around a long time. As far as what buildings ... what everyone else said. Evolving buildings that you really love. Anything that cannot be replaced in the MA and that you really really love. Personally, I would never upgrade a culture building. It seems a waste when you hit wood elves and really need the space. I don't have a single culture-only building in my city. Not worth it. They have to have pop or out they go.

Lemon Wren

"Personally, I would never upgrade a culture building. It seems a waste when you hit wood elves and really need the space. I don't have a single culture-only building in my city. Not worth it. They have to have pop or out they go."

Interesting. What do you think about culture/goods buildings, like Monopteros? They don't do either exceptionally well. OTOH, I like how they look.

(Tbf, I'm already prioritize leveling up the event buildings I like and have and spend the extra RR's on other buildings. Never spend RRs on stuff I can make in the MA. I just have a lot of other buildings and I can't help but wonder how to prioritize the rest or even if some should be abandoned to make room for more residences or T's, although at the rate I'm going in Fairies I'll have plenty of time to level up everything, lol.)

Ugh, right? That Crab Hotel. I hate the look of it. Why is it so valuable, lol? Makes it impossible to remove right now. ;-)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have flushed some RRs down my outhouse bc I have a juvenile sense of humor and amused this building exists. Besides the evolve buildings, I also upgrade my Moonstones. Moonstone libs almost double in pop and culture going from Orc to Woodelves. They will be kept for the CCs and they give decent enough pop to make those VERY productive tiles. They are also pretty high culture as they are always polished by neighbors. With all the gum trees and mana plants, I’ve only needed one T3 manu.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Whats better than to see in your messages ......
(random CH17+ player) has polished your bathrooms.
I've actually not seen them get polished before, perhaps bc I have too many other culture building options with higher culture for visitors to choose from, but I do sparkle them during FAs to feign the appearance that they've been cleaned...

tmax

Question, If you sell the Chess Set or Moonstone Library, will it rotate through the MA again?