• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What determines difficulty levels of Provinces?

DeletedUser20709

I think you mean loathe? Wont seems out of context with minefield
Maybe, I was always asleep during English class, so I bow to your better judgment....My point was that it looks dangerous..lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thank you everyone for your advice. I think I understand now. Completing research on Squad Size Upgrades helps to lower the difficulty levels of provinces so they become Easy. Upgrading Armories increases squad size. Dwarven Bulwark and Shrewdy Shrooms Ancient Wonders also increase the barrack's training size. If my troops outnumber the enemy, I should find the battles in the provinces a wee bit easier. Tired of negotiating. I want to fight those dangerous creatures roaming around Elvenar! Only in Elvenar can you train a spitting frog to fight battles.

Squad size is the biggest factor to combat difficulty. So the greater your squad size compared to the enemy the easier the fight. Troop technologies also help but to a much smaller degree.

Armories, bulwark, shrooms all increase the training size for your barracks. No impact on difficulty, simply more troops trained in one slot.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Squad size is the biggest factor to combat difficulty. So the greater your squad size compared to the enemy the easier the fight. Troop technologies also help but to a much smaller degree.

Armories, bulwark, shrooms all increase the training size for your barracks. No impact on difficulty, simply more troops trained in one slot.
Mykan what you're saying is only completing research on upgrading squad size is what will lower the difficulty level of provinces. Is that correct? Battles get easier if you Research Promotions, Squad Size Upgrades, & Advanced Scouts. This should lower the difficulty level of provinces.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Well, I am wont to enter this minefield, BUT, everything Soggy said is true. I currently have about 25 armories, and that's because they allow me to "cook" more troops over the same period of time. Armories and the Map and it's battle scenario are not related at all. One is determined by the tech tree, squad size, and any extra bldgs you have, and the other is just a time thing....more troops, less time.
Will building more armories decrease difficulty levels? It makes sense because you'll have more troops. Unfortunately, I don't have the room to build 25 armories.

DeletedUser20709

Will building more armories decrease difficulty levels? It makes sense because you'll have more troops. Unfortunately, I don't have the room to build 25 armories.

Sorry Tauriel, I think you are misunderstanding the concept. Your squadsize determines how many of your troops face the enemies troops....it doesnt matter if you have 1000, or 10,000 troops to fight with. If your current squad size is say, 100, then @1000 you have 10 squads. Battles are always about your troops squadsize vs their troops squadsize. If they have a bigger squad than you, then you are usually at a disadvantage from the get-go.
Troops are also rated with stars, 1, 2 and 3. If you have all 1 stars going against all 2 stars, then even having a larger squadsize may not matter.

Now with that being said, The difficulty level, on the main province map, is determined by your scouting costs, which decrease at the start of each new chapter, AND your squadsize updates in the tech tree.. Each time you start a new chapter and unlock the new scouts, the difficulty level on the main map will decrease somewhat, in some areas. Each time you upgrade your squad size, the same thing will happen. After all, what was hard with 100 troops wont be AS hard with 125.
In my case, most of the Hard provinces I had scouted prior to reaching chapter V, turned into MED provinces as soon as my scouts were unlocked at the beginning of chapter V. The concentric rings on the province map will always work like that, from Easy, Med, Hard, and Very Hard. I believe this is to prevent players from just grabbing up provinces willy-nilly, which I did in the beginning, and still like to do.

In my opinion, you have 2 choices on the province map, you either wait to take provinces until you can beat them in a fight, or you set your city up to mass produce goods(my approach) and take provinces whenever you can afford the goods.

All the armories allow you to do is TRAIN more units in the same amount of time. I dont have a lot of need for 2x2 plots at the moment, so I use armories as a place holder. If I need to add a new residence, I remove 1. I didn't see the need for those spaces to be wasted.

As with anything new, you'll have to experience it to form your own conclusions. Trial and error is the best teacher., IMO Happy gaming. :)
I hope the above information is correct, and it helps you. If it isn't, someone here will correct me. :p:D

Last edited by a moderator:

hvariidh gwendrot

what's the top off on how many provinces to clear to get an expansion .. i'm at 9 per expansion
p.s. i never did an optional squad size increase and it was a bit tougher to start but it makes tournaments a ton easier now

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
what's the top off on how many provinces to clear to get an expansion .. i'm at 9 per expansion
p.s. i never did an optional squad size increase and it was a bit tougher to start but it makes tournaments a ton easier now

11, I think. Maybe 10? Anyway, I am almost at the end of expansions from province completion. Once you have completed 457 provinces, there are no more expansion available from that method.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
so for provinces needed 11 or 10 ?
delete.png
see full list here https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions

Kawhi is a Raptor

so if I've got this right there is no actual change in the enemy squad size/troop formation/catering cost, the label of Easy-->Very Hard is just a descriptor of the user's current ability to deal with it using troops?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Correct. Once a province has been scouted, the enemies don't change, and those enemies/costs are solely based on how many scout techs you have.