• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What game mechanics need to be explained better ingame?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Hey everyone I have started this thread to get every ones opinions of what things in game need better explanation in game.
I know there are tons of things and would like this to be a place for everyone to add any things that need to be better explained in game.
I would say for starters how to visit neighbors and FS members needs to be addressed.
That if you start your own FS you can get access to tourney's and FS adventures should also be explained in game.
That researching squad size upgrades will make provinces easier, but will also make tourney's harder should be mentioned some where as well.
What the different ranks can and can't do in a Fellowship would be nice info to find in game as well.
Please add to this, my plan is to take all the info to the Beta forum and see if I can get it to the dev's to look at so the more ideas the better.
Thanks

DeletedUser5800

What the different ranks can and can't do in a Fellowship would be nice info to find in game as well.
That is actually already in there under an 'i' above the ranks, but it has never been updated to include the unlocking of FA levels (but that info. appears in the FA '?' pop-up).

Things I find myself explaining the most were probably never intended so have no info.
Examples:
Building and Selling AW's just to empty the ring and break runes to Forge them in another wonder. (Lot's of people don't even know you can switch wonders once the bar is full even though it does say in the '?' pop-up.)
Recently how to use the Dragon Abbey to turn relics into mana via the Magic Academy has came up several times, also info. you can find but just doesn't click with people.
That you can run Negative Cult/Pop. with no ill affects other than not being able to build/upgrade until you are back in positive.

I've had to explain how the S&D college works more times than I feel I should have, even though it does explain it, it apparently needs reworded or explained better because it confuses at least as many people as understand it.

When to sell the freaking guest race portals comes up constantly, even though it's a Story-line quest they are poorly positioned to far in the next race, sell the fairy portal is the 8th orc quest, people that already went through it with dwarves still ask 100% of the time, 'Can I sell my fairy portal yet?', 'Can I sell the farms?' Not sure how they could explain this better or where but it would be cool if they figured it out.

That returning help within seconds of receiving it extremely limits the window of the original helper to get Gold Hand benefits next time. (Not a big deal but I've had people remark they feel it's in poor taste to get an immediate return whereas I think the returner feels it's cool to give it right back)

Where to see units you produce with event building but can't otherwise. (Multiple people could never find them and thought they just didn't work because they could not produce them regularly)

The difference in cycling quest line and story quest line and that if you get behind in the story one it screws up your ability to catch it up without rebuilding guest race things.

THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO ROTATE OR STORE BUILDINGS AND WHY!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I should have said what info needs to be in game and what info should be easier to find in game I guess
All of that is good info. LOL at the rotation and storing statement and I agree with that also. I totally agree about the main line quests they need work for sure, I always get asked where the Dwarven statue is as everyone looks in the builder menu, but it is a 48 hour production in the copper foundry.

How to get the buildings in the background, I think I have answered that 50 times or more.
That the beginning of the chapter is after you research advanced scouts, not after opening of the chest. (we have a suggestion with a pole on beta to changing this to make it more obvious where the chapters start/end).
That the guest race goods you make are there after you remove the portal, but you can't see them anymore needs either an explanation or a way to see them after you delete it.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Sir Squirrel will you update a list in the first post so we can see a concise list?

I think things which go against the games intent won't get explanations like deleting wonders for more runes, as an example.

Explanations for new players are the major thing for me so their experience is better and are more likely to hang around. As such:
  • Scouting impact on provinces difficulty and advanced scout technology
  • Combat - Might be too hard to explain this better than is already in-game
  • Chapter start/end - There is a beta idea trying to do this
  • Quests - distinction between story line and repeatable. Sounds like a quest overhaul is in the pipeline so this may take care of itself.

HJK84

Can't think of anything right now, maybe due to the time, I need my hot tea... and others have already mentioned them before :p
But I'm watching this thread.

Half of what Lord Draconian said, I have no idea about. Quite sure it's cause I'm new, but if not then...

giphy.gif

DeletedUser5800

Explanations for new players are the major thing for me
Some more basics then...
That you can click on 'i' or '?' and learn things.
How to change city name and profile pic.
That you can hover over things for drop down menus
The tournament schedule
:D

nightrider1

I just posted a rant on mountain hall its states that you will receive a 24% boost but does not explain that this is off the base line not your actual production which includes the boost from relics you have been encouraged to collect to increase your production. definitely very misleading and typical. possibly due to translation since german typically very definitive

Risen Malchiah

The biggest concern I have (which I've mentioned many times on the forum) is that players who are not in a fellowship have absolutely NO way in-game to know that tournaments exist.

They can't see the tournament roster, or that it exists at all.
They can't see the tournament tent icon on the world map.
They don't get the pop-up that says a new tournament is starting.
Tournaments are not listed under the benefits of being in a fellowship.
Tournaments are no longer in the tech tree which otherwise might make someone wonder what they are.

With events asking players to gain a huge number of relics (193 total for the recent Winter event), not knowing about tournaments will have a HUGE negative impact on the game.

DeletedUser14718

As a new player and a new player to this type of game in general more info on what the research will do/unlock would be nice.
Maybe just a notice saying for population and culture, or a certain good and/or some other benefit.

Risen Malchiah

One would think giving them the icon but a message when they click on it saying to join a fellowship would be a fairly simply fix and be something they could work into a tutorial.
Indeed, when fellowship players log in on Tuesday, the tournament pop-up (which most of us ignore) has a whole bunch of useful info which would serve as a perfect help screen for solo players clicking on the tent icon (which isn't currently visible to them but could be shown at all times fairly easily).

DeletedUser5800

As a new player and a new player to this type of game in general more info on what the research will do/unlock would be nice.
That is an excellent point, for some us that have been here forever it's hard to remember those first frustrations of figuring out the vastly under explained majority of basics.

Slightly off topic, may I suggest the site: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/
If you haven't stumbled upon it yet, excellent resource for all things Elvenar from basics to more advanced. :)