• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is an "Enchantment"

StarLoad

While this may sound silly I think the game is confusing the meaning. As such we should get a clear answer as to what is an enchantment.

Quests ask us to "Collect X number Enchantments of our choice" but this means only PoP, EE, MM, or IM will solve the Quest.

Quests ask us to "Use X number of Enchantments" but this means PoP, EE, MM, IM, PetFood, and Teleport will solve the Quest.

So are PetFood and Teleports Enchantments or not?
And where then do CC's Fit in?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes Pet Food and Teleports collected usually do count. I do not recall if I specifically Beta tested one of them  this time, however.

StarLoad

I collected Petfood and CC spells and neither counted as collecting Enchantments. I will see in 4 days again when we get to quest 67 how it works for sure.

Flashfyre

CCs used to be considered enchantments, but sometime last year or so (?) they were removed from that category for reasons I can't recall now. Possibly because of the increase in evolving buildings giving them as collection items.

StarLoad

Just had an Event quest #60 "produce 8 advanced tools" and "Collect 3 Enchantments or Scout Province" I collected a pet food and it did count it as an enhancement.

JackofShadows

It seems to me that it may be as simple as "It's on the enchantment tab, so it's an enchantment." Pet food is on the enchantment tab, but CCs are not. Teleports are also.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It seems to me that it may be as simple as "It's on the enchantment tab, so it's an enchantment." Pet food is on the enchantment tab, but CCs are not. Teleports are also.
Not all quests accept pet food and teleports, and there is a long history for this idiosyncrasy. Originally the enchantments were just PoP, EE, MM, and IM. Then came CCs and pet food. CCs were listed as an enchantment but had no way of being used for the Dragon Abbey to produce mana. This lead the team to try to categorize enchantments into those that counted for quests and those that did not. Things crafted in the Magic Academy were viewed as that which should not count, but the implementation never was able to track the source of the enchantment, so enchantments commonly associated with crafting like pet food were left out. Then the team decided that CCs should not be a spell anymore and removed them from the spell inventory, placing them as crafting material. Throughout all of this, many quests used in events were just a copy paste from previous events, and so quests with different definitions of enchantment ended up being mixed together.

JackofShadows

Not all quests accept pet food and teleports, and there is a long history for this idiosyncrasy. Originally the enchantments were just PoP, EE, MM, and IM. Then came CCs and pet food. CCs were listed as an enchantment but had no way of being used for the Dragon Abbey to produce mana. This lead the team to try to categorize enchantments into those that counted for quests and those that did not. Things crafted in the Magic Academy were viewed as that which should not count, but the implementation never was able to track the source of the enchantment, so enchantments commonly associated with crafting like pet food were left out. Then the team decided that CCs should not be a spell anymore and removed them from the spell inventory, placing them as crafting material. Throughout all of this, many quests used in events were just a copy paste from previous events, and so quests with different definitions of enchantment ended up being mixed together.
Thank you, I was unaware of the history.