• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is your comfort food?

DeletedUser1992

So being in a community with people world wide I just got to know what are you favorite comfort foods?

Mine is baked fish with mushy peas and boiled spuds. lots of white pepper over the whole mess of it

DeletedUser1017

akutaq...Eskimo icecream. :) Delicious. Just don't ask what's in it.

DeletedUser1677

My comfort food is homemade chicken soup. I cook it slowly in my crockpot with the feet and neck and all bones. Cool, remove all bones and fat on top. Reheat a couple of hours with wild rice, carrots and celery. So yummly.

DeletedUser1992

My comfort food is homemade chicken soup. I cook it slowly in my crockpot with the feet and neck and all bones. Cool, remove all bones and fat on top. Reheat a couple of hours with wild rice, carrots and celery. So yummly.
Sounds like a labor of love to make, so you know its got to be comforting :)

DeletedUser

Eggs, any style. Deep fried foods too. I can deep fry anything. Well most anything.

DeletedUser2196

Homemade spaghetti with grilled French or Italian bread and a truffle oil dip.

DeletedUser1992

Ohh boy those sound amazing. I can't believe I forgot the Canadian classic POUTINE!!!!! and pancakes with loads of maple syrup...eh :)

DeletedUser2577

I'm from the South. So for me it's homemade mac and cheese, fried chicken, or a local favorite she-crab soup/bisque

DeletedUser2822

Thick and hearty Irish stew, with lots of onions, garlic, meat, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and stout. Simmering all day, topped off with a batch of homemade Irish soda bread or potato bread, to sop up all the savory gravy. mmmmmmmmm

DeletedUser4112

My favourite food is Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonald's Spicy Chicken Burger & Big Breakfast, Club Sandwiches, ABC potatoes soup, mushroom soup, Laksa Noodle & Fish Porridges, the latest discovery - Fried Fish Soup with Rice is Perfect! :cool: Oh, and not forgetting, the half rare done Sirloin Steak is the best! And I certainly love to eat cheese, too.

Hi Cozygirl, so which part of the South?

Well, I actually think maybe Elvenar should join up with Groupon and gives out some great discount coupons online for their players, to thank all for the support in the game! We really spend 100's of hours playing this game and really need kind of some great food rewards in real life, munchin' while waiting for production & barrack before conquering provinces & the tourney, ya?

Any1 votes for this? Oh, actually a better idea is : tied-up with some fast food chains and gives out Elvenar Ticket printed with a code to exchange for diamonds in the game, this ticket has different values of diamonds depending on which Value Set of food players purchase in the food outlets, is this great!?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1901

When it's cold: home made chili or home made chicken noodle
When it's hot: tomato and mayo sandwich with a big glass of sweet tea and a twist of lemon (if you don't know this, you are not from the south :p lol)

DeletedUser3468

akutaq...Eskimo icecream. :) Delicious. Just don't ask what's in it.

Interestingly enough, I know what it's made of... yeah, watch lots of shows about Alaska and Canada. ;)

Mine is a toss up between my homemade chicken soup with drop noodles (like dumplings but not as big) and home made brownies. The soup broth is made basically the same way as Serena's but I add onions, carrots, green beans (sometimes peas but not always) then add the drop noodles made from flour, milk, egg, garlic powder, and a bit of pepper, all stirred up and dropped by the spoonful into the hot soup to cook and absorb the flavor of the broth and veggies. Follow it with the home made brownies and that is heaven! :D

btw, the soup recipe is based on my mom's who based hers on her mom's recipe. I wish I could get mine to be as good as Grandma's! No one's was better than hers!

Last edited by a moderator: