• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is your comfort food?

DeletedUser4112

U86P4T426D126030F16470DT20120820164434.jpg
We have something similar in china - handmade dropnoodle! Same as the one you are cooking? :cool:
The recipe you shared sounds good & delicious, hope to try it out one day!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4112

Hi Sheianna, then what is dropnoodle, you have a picture of it? Do you have dumplings where you live? My other favourite food include milk, cheese, club sandwiches, omelette, japanese pan-fried salmon, & the latest trending food here is 'Ma La Siang Guo' ==> Spicy Fragrance HotPot; this is a new food court addition Chinese Cuisine, I believe is originated from China Sichuan Province, a mixture of freshly stir-fried meats, vegetables, mushrooms, meatballs, toufu in fragrance chilli & spices - light, medium, strong choice of spicyness, & you can choose to have rice or noodles to go with it. Best food here is actually Chilli Crabs or Steamed Crabs - very delicious!!! Yummy!! :p

DeletedUser3468

Dropnoodles are like very small dumplings. Instead of cutting into a strip and dropping into the liquid, you just use a spoon or fork to drop a small amount into the liquid. My Grandma used to do the cut noodles similar to the ones in your picture! Her's were always the best!
Wow, Skywalker233, those all sound amazing! I wonder if the spices in the Spicy Fragrance HotPot is at all similar to the Spicy Fragrance Chicken (or Pork or Beef or Shrimp) that the Hong Kong Restaurant, a family run restaurant with foods from several provinces of China, serves? It was one of my favorites. We (hubby and I) love to cook and would try to replicate the flavors from some of our favorite foods at that restaurant.

DeletedUser4112

Sheianna, the Ma La Siang Guo is abit different from Spicy Fragrance Chicken in that there is actually no main item but you choose what to have in the HotPot, you can choose all vegs with no meat at all, or a combination of a few types of meat & vegs, well, but the Spicy flavor maybe similar, it all depends if the chef uses different types of spices. :)

DeletedUser4195

BACON!!! Actually I prefer a top sirloin steak with garlic butter...medium rare, asparagus tips with Hollandaise sauce and a baked potatoe with sour cream, chives and bacon bits. For dessert... apple pie and vanilla ice cream.
(If we weren't meant to eat animals why are they made of meat?)

DeletedUser2963

Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. My ultimate comfort food.

DeletedUser

When ever I feel sick, or upset ( quite job, dump boyfriend, anything like that) or blue, it's peanut butter to the rescue on toast, banana, cracker, any thing I can slather it on.

DeletedUser3468

BACON!!! Actually I prefer a top sirloin steak with garlic butter...medium rare, asparagus tips with Hollandaise sauce and a baked potatoe with sour cream, chives and bacon bits. For dessert... apple pie and vanilla ice cream.
(If we weren't meant to eat animals why are they made of meat?)

Now I'm hungry! That sounds sooo good! (and I can't cook/steam asparagus in our house without hubby complaining... he hates it! Technically he's also allergic to it - and to broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, etc. - and can't even stand the smell of it cooking. I love it so try to get it any time we eat out!)

Another of my comfort foods is homemade chicken pot pie; chunked up leftover chicken breast, peas, carrots, celery - if I can sneak the celery past hubby, he's not allergic to that, just doesn't care for it - in a homemade chicken gravy, covered with a nice, flaky crust.

DeletedUser5266

I'm a purist. Just plain vanilla ice cream. Homemade if possible. Yum yum!

DeletedUser4218

"PLAZA III STEAK SOUP
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 stick Margarine
  • 1/2 LB Ground Chuck, coarse
  • 3/4 cup Flour
  • 1 TSP Kitchen Bouquet
  • 1/4 cup Carrots, diced
  • 1 QT plus 1 cup Water
  • 1/4 cup Onions, diced
  • 1 TBSP Beef Base
  • 1/4 cup Celery, diced
  • 1/4 TSP Black Pepper, ground
  • 1/2 cup Tomatoes, crushed
  • 5 oz. Frozen Mixed Vegetable
METHOD
Brown and drain ground chuck. Melt margarine in a 2 QT. pan and add flour.
Mix well. Add water, stir until thickened. Add pepper, beef base and tomatoes. Cook one minute more, stirring constantly. Add Kitchen Bouquet, all other vegetables and ground chuck. Cook on medium heat 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

YIELD: 2 QTS. (Soup may be frozen for later use.)

BizDani

Pot Roast with onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and turnips. I remember it like it was yesterday... Of course I am a vegetarian for some time now, so the veggies with LOTS of Mushrooms and Quinuoa will do me alright. mmmm Pot Roast.

Last night I had a dream I was making French Toast, but had no Eggs or milk to make it. I woke up thinking to make French toast, I looked in the fridge, no Almond milk, no eggs. I thought to myself - I just bought those yesterday and then realized... Nope - that was in my dream. :O)

Biz

DeletedUser10835

ooey, gooey mac and cheese followed by a slice of hershey's chocolate bar cheesecake......heaven...;)

shimmerfly

Beef stew made with rump roast cut into cubes with little red potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, fresh green beans and corn cut off the cob, sometime peas too, with texas toast garlic bread
or... Peanut butter, mayo and dill pickle sandwich on rye toast

Vergazi

Singapore Chow Mei Fun with chicken, shrimp, chinese bbq pork and egg.

This is almost the same as I make. soooo yum! and there's curry powder in it! :D

Vergazi

Cold leftover Thanksgiving turkey with a little warmed up gravy drizzled over it and buttered brown n serve rolls to sop up the gravy. Good food and family...that's comfort to me. :D