• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What keeps you Playing?

DeletedUser12423

If I'm honest, I keep playing purely because I'm very habitual and started playing on accident.

I found this game on my US search engine, looking for fantasy art. Dragons, human siege weapons, dwarven weapons, elvens cities, etc.
annnnnnd sooooooo glad I found it! So I hear that, my friend! lol

DeletedUser10085

It's a combination of challenging and social, with freedom to create as you like.

DeletedUser3696

I'm getting closer and closer to leaving the game as it doesn't matter what I do I'm constantly falling down on the ranking board. I don't want nor expect any sympathy.
When I started the main way to play was to scout and expand as fast as the game would allow. I used to enjoy manual fighting and trying to minimize my losses. I also used to quite easily place in the top 50 for most tournaments. With all the changes to tournaments and the battle system I am beyond handicapped to the point I'd have to sacrifice about 6 weeks worth of troops and goods just to get top 50. I also haven't done a manual fight since the new system came into place about 6+ months ago. I have 14 or 15 worthless squad size techs that only punish me with no way to undo that damage.

Lately I find I can easily go a day or more without logging on and I don't really care too much. I think I have a grand total of 7 wonders with their cumulative levels adding up to maybe 55-60. Not sure how others have 20 wonders with 16+ of them at lvl 25. That seems to be a couple of years worth of kp. Combine this fact with the fact the game is like watching paint dry and I'm one and half feet out the door.

Too bad really since the game had so much potential imo.

DeletedUser12423

I'm getting closer and closer to leaving the game as it doesn't matter what I do I'm constantly falling down on the ranking board. I don't want nor expect any sympathy.
When I started the main way to play was to scout and expand as fast as the game would allow. I used to enjoy manual fighting and trying to minimize my losses. I also used to quite easily place in the top 50 for most tournaments. With all the changes to tournaments and the battle system I am beyond handicapped to the point I'd have to sacrifice about 6 weeks worth of troops and goods just to get top 50.

Like any game, as more players participate it will get more difficult to remain at the top. It's not that Inno has picked on anyone, because they haven't. For example, if a brand new game comes out and 50 players participate in it on day one, you are in the top 50 on the first day. Right? Three years, and thirty thousand players later, you will be lucky to be in the top 300. I love this game for many elements, so let's do a logical summary here:

Let's use the 1-10 scale, because almost all of us are familiar with it. 1 being terrible and 10 being perfect. And let's try to be neutral when we do it.

Is Elvenar an attractive and fun game: 8 (we're here for a reason, right?)
Is Elvenar updated often enough: 7 (I'm pleased with the current rate of updates and bug fixes myself)
Is Elvenar support active: 9 (they respond almost emediately)
Are Elvenar Moderators active: 10 (just watch our count to 15 thread to see the proof)
Do they care about thier players: 10 (extremely, hence why the nerf to some things and all the free prizes, to be fair to all)
Can Elvenar be customized: 1 (unfortuantely, no. at this time there is no way to do unique builds or pve or pvp)
How are the concepts in Elvenar: 8 (general concepts are building designs and art, and functions, things of that nature)
How is the PvE in Elvenar: 8 (there are mostly province encounters and some quests)
How is the PvP in Elvenar: 4 (this is individual ranking, tournaments, and fellowship adventures)
How is combat Overall: 6 (which is why I think an alternate tech tree with Masteries would really help)

Now, I'm sure I missed some things, and I'm sure not everyone is going to agree. But I consider any game that gets over 70% a good game.

With open ears and an open heart,
-Ironman Rob