• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What makes what

thx569

I need some clues please. I.ve looked all over (probably in all the wrong places) for clues as to what makes "White matter" and "Black matter" . Any help greatly appreciated. Before I waste resources on upgrading the wrong stuff, I'd like to know where to begin.

defiantoneks

I need some clues please. I.ve looked all over (probably in all the wrong places) for clues as to what makes "White matter" and "Black matter" . Any help greatly appreciated. Before I waste resources on upgrading the wrong stuff, I'd like to know where to begin.
white matter is made when a Tower of Light expires.
dark matter is made when a Tower of Darkness expires.

so to "make" either, build a tower of choice and wait 7 days for it to run out.
i will admit, i've not tried deleting them immediately after construction to see if you get the Matter, b/c i need the goods produced by the towers anyway)

WisdomLake

You don't have to wait for either tower to expire. When you sell a Tower of Light, you get one light matter (needed to upgrade a Tower of Light into a Tower of Darkness.) You then can immediately sell the Tower of Darkness to gain one dark matter (you need 24 dark matter to upgrade the Fortress up each level.) Hope this helps.

thx569

I need some clues please. I.ve looked all over (probably in all the wrong places) for clues as to what makes "White matter" and "Black matter. Thanks for any help.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
^What Free-Spirit said. One thing I would add is that if you are trying to get White Matter, you do not have to let the construction process finish. You can start constructing a Tower of Light. And then a few seconds after starting construction you can click sell on it and you will still get White Matter.

thx569

"your question was answered in the original thread, which was rightly moved to Questions and Help."

That's real great. Maybe let me (and other people) know what you or others have done. That would be the "rightly" thing to do. I expect to see my post where I put it, NOT where sone anonymous individual messed with it. Can we get on this page, Skippy?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
anonymous individual messed with it.
Just so you know, the only ones who can move posts are the Moderators. It's their job to keep topics in the proper categories. @Astram posted to you in that thread that it was moved there. This one probably needs to be merged with that one since it remains a 'question asking for help'. They're not doing this to frustrate posters. They do it so in the future when a poster searches for previous posts on the same subject in the Questions and Help sub-forum, the thread will come up in search results.
Note: this doesn't make anyone use the search feature to avoid duplication, but it's the best they can do (along with all the sticky posts, etc.) to at least corral the info into proper categories for those who do.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
This thread is in the General Discussion Forum.
I think it would be fun to find out how different players approach the forums. I know I have a routine for what I do when I come to the forum page.
I *think* the OP chose to start another new thread in General Discussions after the first thread was moved to Q&H. I'm guessing many players aren't checking alerts, watched threads, or whatever when they come to the forum. They just go into where it looks like something would go. General Discussion is a huge category and looks like where you'd put something you were unsure of the proper category. That's what mods are for: to move it to the proper category and to point out the new placement to the uninformed poster. Their only tools for doing this require the poster to check their alerts, etc. Yep, vicious cycle for the mods, but what else can they do?
After all, look at the 'Ideas and Suggestions' threads, lol! That section has a huge sticky labeled with the big red *Important* box saying 'read before posting' in the title. I can't count the number of times a poster has appeared to:
Come to the forums looking for a place to post a complaint about something in the game.
Looked at the sub-forum titles; nothing labeled *complaints*...okay...
Oh, there's one for *Ideas and Suggestions*! It must go there!
Title the new thread [whatever], begin opening post with 'Here's an idea/suggestion for you. How about you don't...'
:D
I enjoy watching how different minds work, lol! It wouldn't be so interesting if all our thoughts ran along similar lines. They don't, but we can't seem to create systems/processes/whatever that account for that in spite of all our technological advances. It makes watching things fun for me, sort of my internet version of people watching. ymmv

defiantoneks

"your question was answered in the original thread, which was rightly moved to Questions and Help."

That's real great. Maybe let me (and other people) know what you or others have done. That would be the "rightly" thing to do. I expect to see my post where I put it, NOT where sone anonymous individual messed with it. Can we get on this page, Skippy?
imma try to let that rudeness go, "skippy".

thx569

For Defiantoneks eyes

Your response struck me as pretentious and snarky. I go snarky back. If I got the intent all wrong, then please accept my apologies.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We can all have a bad day hon.

Yep, I agree. Which is why when here or anywhere I follow the Rule of Twice. You have to insult me twice in row before I take it in. The first is "just a bad day" and instantly forgiven (and ignored). The second, which almost never comes, if it comes, alerts me to the idea that I must have said or done something that really bothered the person. Usually it's in response to their frustration that I am not easily persuaded by pithy short statements meant to end the discussion rather than move it forward. That's when I really get serious about my words and try to find where I was rougher than I needed to be -- in other words the point where I just had a "bad day."

AJ