• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What to buy with diamonds?

Smooper

What is your favorite use for your diamonds you win or purchase? Right now I am so tight with spending that I couldn't name anything I want to spend on. I used to spend on expansions but I am starting to be scared to because I don't want the Spire to get harder. This is probably foolish. So what do you like?

Expansions are a good use of diamonds, but wait for the 10% discount, which crops up regularly.

Upgrading the Magic Academy is probably the best use for diamonds. The Builder much less so. I think a 2-slot Builder can work just fine.

I do like to keep a small supply to move the Spire along when necessary, but I am stingy there, only shell out the 25 when I KNOW my next guess is a winner.

I never buy them. Why bother? The game provides them.

Katwick

Cartographer
For me moving the Tech Tree along, rather than waiting a few days for a slow resource, is worth a few Diamonds.

Likewise with the final quess when you're catering the Spire.

Someday, if they ever upgrade the Caldron to allow Use-By-Dated Potions rather than Immediate Goblets, then I'd expect a big jump in Diamond Brews.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The first best use for diamonds is upgrading the MA to level 5. The second best use is to add builders. The third best use is to add expansions. The fourth best use is to buy magic workshops and residences. Of course, these are all only my opinion. :)

Glandeh

Upgrade the MA, probably best, imo. Expansions are also good, but I will wait for the Black Firday sale when they are offered at a 20% discount. Win your magic residences and workshops in the spire, then upgrade them with blueprints (good for all but the chapter 3 variant). There may come a time when you run out of blueprints (if you won plenty and raced through the chapters), diamonds make up for that. One extra builder is more than enough, timeboosters can help a lot. 4 or 5 builders are just standing idle most of the time. I consider everything that is not at least semi permanent a waste of diamonds, so I will never use them to speed things up. The effects of the cauldron are just too insignificant to justify spending diamonds imo.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
After I bought a couple expansions, raised my MA and builder, I just let them keep growing. When they get to 10k or so (which they do once or so a year because I top the spire, do a lot of crafting and seem to win them here and there pretty consistently) I might buy the 1500 diamond package for the event. The thing is, though, if something costs real money to get, I tend to ignore it. Diamonds are the currency of the game, not USD's (or Euro's or whatever currency you use in your part of the world).

AJ